2014.05.24 - Tucson, AZ - KFMA Day 2014

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody is.talking about the.set, but what about Chester? his voice is in.excellent shape!

He did sound pretty good! Definitely more "2007 Chester" than "2013 Chester" on this performance. Hopefully he can find a happy medium on this tour, I don't expect him to ever sound like he did in 2004 again, but he's had a particularly rough last couple of years.

Thpught I'd mention that you guys are doing a GREAT job of editing the setlist page and finding answers to everything we don't know. For a show this massive, you guys have scoured through all of the videos and agreed on titles and stuff to make it at leadt somewhat coherent.

Random thoughts: I would have just smashed the guitars during POA if I were Brad.

His solo on WID was nice, hope that sticks around since it was one of the first songs that could have actually incorporated a solo.

I like their ways of innovating portions of songs and elements of others into the setlist, but hope it doesn't become more convoluted than it already is. Two times on the setlist they performed 4 songs that were all shortened.

I'm surprised with how quickly all of these different videos have shown up! Now we have almost everything from the show.

Hoping this setlist gets perfected for Carnivores. Not as much that they need to change the extent of the songs (but that should be tweaked as well), but the technical difficulties and the flow of everything needs improved.

Having been at the show in the front of the crowd, the energy was incredible and Chester was spot on! I have been to many LP shows on every tour since Hybrid and this, bar none, was the best live show I've attended. I can't complain because being there, witnessing it live, and feeling the energy of the band and crowd made it a great experience. This was the "warm-up" show for the world tour and of course there will be some minor technical issues, but I didn't even notice them- it was that good! I got to meet the band before the show for the LPU M&G and they were very personable and took pics with fans even though they were told not to. I'll be going to the Phoenix show of the Carnivores tour and can't wait to see what they have in store for us- if it's anything like Saturday's set, it's going to rock!

I thought the interludes/intros were pretty sick! I got super-pumped for the Blackout intro, thinking they we're going to perform it, but when it went into Papercut, I was alright with that. Like I said, hearing it live in person, I couldn't tell there were any mishaps, but people have pointed them out. I'm positive they'll be perfected along the way. I have always liked medleys, so we get to hear more songs live and I was perfectly fine with what they did with them on Saturday. I wish a few were longer, but it didn't detract from the show and I didn't leave pissed that they only did one or two verses. I left thinking it was the most epic LP show I've witnessed in person!

Edited by mikeymc19

I can understand from the video exactly what verse of Remember The Name Mike has rapped;

anyone could tell me?

Mike's solo portion of the show featured the first verse of 'Wretches And Kings', a sped up chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and Mike's verse from the 'Skin To Bone' Nick Catchdubs remix from Recharged. The instrumental of the medley incorporated part of 'Wretches And Kings', part of the 'Skin To Bone' remix, part of 'Remember The Name', and the bridge of 'In My Remains'.

He didn't rap a verse, that was early confusion. He just did the chorus.

POA sounded like absolute garbage the entire time, wow. Brad's guitar tech really needs to step it up from here on out so Brad doesn't just kill him outright.

Since when we're using abbreviations in the set notes for song name (CFTI, P4MH)? If I remember correctly the only abbreviation in the show notes was the SDC intro which is a band name.

isn't it a column width thing? too many characters and the notes would start to interrupt the main setlist layout?

Yep good catch Skipees; we are able in 5.0 to have longer notes. Thank God we upgraded when we did or we'd be screwed in 4.0 for this show, haha.

"Wall of Noise" "Wall of Text" outro :lol:

I just watched the show (everything that was avaible on YT, so I didn't watch the whole show), I think Mike disturbed when he sang verses in GATS and Brad's guitar effect at the outro solo didn't sound good aswell. Not a bad performance of GU, but Chester couldn't hold the high notes as long as he should. Awesome POA performance, except lack of Mike's rapping on the beggining and Brad's guitar problems, for the first time in a while Chester sang "My life, my pride is broken", I think the last time he did it was 10 years ago. OSC was amazing. I didn't like that Papercut was shortened, I think second verse is important since Chester does some screams that he doesn't do in the first verse. Runaway and WY shortened is ok. Westlands was awesome. I didn't like the COG performance, I think the MS remix version lasted too long, I was dissapointed that they didn't do the original ending, which sounds epic live. Ballad Medley was performed as usual. JH solo was nice, but in my opinion it didnt fit in the middle of the set, I think it should be used as a intro or something, the same concerns Mike's solo. BID worse than usual, I liked when the first "uuuup" was raspy, but it wasn't at this performance. Numb as usual, but I got dissapointed that Chester didn't sang whole bridge. ITE as usual, except Mike playing guitar, which wasn't anything special. The studio ITE contains 2 guitars, one (main) play the parts you can hear live, and the second, plays higher notes, similar to verses. I liked Faint a lot, bridge screamings was better than in recent 2 years. UIG was ok. Liked that ALTNC and LITE was shortened. BIO was epic, drum solo got different, I think Rob should use more of his double bass drum pedal.

The beggining was awesome, then in the middle it got worse, but at the end it got very good again. Chester got worse at holding notes, but his screaming is epic. I didn' like that there was so many instrumentals during the show, I felt like there's too small amount of Chester during the show. I'm glad that LP tried something new during their set. I think it's a bit strange that The Catalyst appeared 3 times during the set during in different forms.

He did sound pretty good! Definitely more "2007 Chester" than "2013 Chester" on this performance. Hopefully he can find a happy medium on this tour, I don't expect him to ever sound like he did in 2004 again, but he's had a particularly rough last couple of years.

Probably coincides with Chester recently saying how recording and playing w/ STP helped strengthen his voice and increase his range. Hopefully he can keep it up all tour

SETLIST:

01. The Catalyst/The Requiem (Mashup Intro)

02. Guilty All The Same

03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

04. Points Of Authority (2014 Intro)

05. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

06. Blackout (Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)

07. Papercut (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus))

08. With You (Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse))

09. Runaway (Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Ext. Outro Transition w/ Wastelands Verse 1)

10. Wastelands

11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. Robot Boy (Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only))

14. Joe Solo Medley (w/ Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)

15. Burn It Down

16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

17. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) (w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Skin To Bone Remix; Ext. Outro Transition)

18. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)

19. In The End

20. Faint (Ext. Outro)

21. Until It's Gone (Ext. The Catalyst + No More Sorrow Mashup Intro; Ext. Outro Transition)

22. A Light That Never Comes (Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge))

23. Lost In The Echo (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus); Drum Outro)

24. Crawling (Shortened; w/ Faster Tempo)

25. New Divide (Shortened)

26. What I've Done (Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

27. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)

Setlist we are using for Rock In Rio if it's the same set (plus the extra Crawling/New Divide shortened notes once we see them in full).