2014.05.24 - Tucson, AZ - KFMA Day 2014

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three things:

1. The Guitar during Miles raps is one of the best things I have ever heard

2. I've been listening to that video on replay and as of now I think Wastelands>UIG (barely)>GATS. Will make full judgement once I get studio version.

3. I still believe iTunes countdown is coming! Bring on next week! I think we get the song next week personally!

I've been watching the videos and I gotta say that the band sounded awesome. I'm so glad they decided to not add tons of layers on Chester's voice on the recording of the new songs. He nailed GAS, UIG and Wastelands. Rob also is killing it, I've always thought his drums sounds way better live than on the albums. Having a double bass pedal made that solo even more awesome.

As for the setlist, the way they mixed songs was pretty badass, although I'd rather have two complete songs than 4 halfs of different songs. I can imagine if they start playing my favorite song (even though I doubt Runaway or ALTNC are anyone's favorite songs) and then they suddently stop it. I'm surprised they dropped BTH too. I can't wait to see them in August!

That setlist had the most staggering amount of changes and surprises I think in the band's history. That was unbelievable. SO many remixed intros and just outright jamming. Looking at the videos it seems like the band basically played nonstop just ebbing songs into one another.

The tracks from The Hunting Party also seemed perfect for the live stage, although the video feed definitely drowned out a lot of the volume from the guitars and background layers. Chester was on fucking fire tonight. GATS and UIG sounded nearly identical to the studio vocals thanks to his more raw studio takes.

I can't fucking wait to see how this setlist evolves over time until I get to see them in Toronto!!

P.S. That No More Sorrow/The Catalyst mash-up intro for Until It's Gone was godly.

I looked at the videos that were linked and they were AWESOME!! so many songs and medley's combined into one full show :D

Much better than any setlist of 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 :)

Let's just hope it goes into effect for Rock In Rio's TV Broadcast and Stream ;)

and until I'm in Toronto to see them, I shall wait for the Setlist to be used, or changed in the Europe tour :)

Holy CRAP THE CATALYST-REQUIEM INTRO AND FULL GATS GOOD QUALITY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elnyiZKjqZ4&feature=youtu.be

Show note: Mr. Hahn jumped again for the first time ever since 2001 during GATS.

LOL, epic fail on the new guitar tech's part. Mike's guitar wasn't working at the start of the song, and as soon as he fixed it, Brad's quit working and didn't come back until the song was almost over. First song of your first show as the new guy, and that happens? Ouch.

The transition into Numb/Encore from the end of that sounded REALLY abrupt, like something skipped. Hmm.

And FYI, that medley is lyrically a combination of Wretches and Kings/Remember the Name/Skin to Bone (Recharged), but MUSICALLY it's a combination of Wretches and Kings/Skin to Bone (album version)/Remember the Name/In My Remains. VERY cool!

Haha, Rob is using the double pedal in the main rhythm of Bleed It Out now. Cool. There's no stopping him now!

Rob's been doing gallops on Bleed it Out for years with a single pedal. Probably not actually using the double pedal for that one.

Edited by Astat

LOL, epic fail on the new guitar tech's part. Mike's guitar wasn't working at the start of the song, and as soon as he fixed it, Brad's quit working and didn't come back until the song was almost over. First song of your first show as the new guy, and that happens? Ouch.

The transition into Numb/Encore from the end of that sounded REALLY abrupt, like something skipped. Hmm.

And FYI, that medley is lyrically a combination of Wretches and Kings/Remember the Name/Skin to Bone (Recharged), but MUSICALLY it's a combination of Wretches and Kings/Skin to Bone (album version)/Remember the Name/In My Remains. VERY cool!

Rob's been doing gallops on Bleed it Out for years with a single pedal. Probably not actually using the double pedal for that one.

the old one quit? Who's the new one?

Sean's no longer working with LP, unfortunately. New guitar tech's name is Ben Chandler, he used to work for Deftones.

Interesting, I always thought LP tried to keep the same crew together.

Is the reason that Sean lost interest as he had been involved with LP for so long or money related?

So here's what I've got for a revised setlist:

01. The Catalyst/The Requiem (Intro mashup)
02. Guilty All the Same
03. Given Up (w/extended outro)
04. Points of Authority (w/short extended intro)
05. One Step Closer (w/extended outro)

06. Blackout (Instrumental intro)
07. Papercut (shortened)
08. With You (2012 intro, shortened)
09. Runaway (shortened)
10. Wastelands
11. Castle of Glass (Experience version, piano outro)
12. Ballad Medley (LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent)

13. Robot Boy (Instrumental interlude)
14. Burn it Down (w/extended intro)
15. Waiting For the End (Until it Breaks intro, Wall of Noise outro)
16. Hip-Hop Medley 2.0 (Wretches and Kings/Remember the Name/Skin to Bone - Recharged)
17. Numb (Numb/Encore intro/outro)
18. In the End
19. Faint (w/extended outro)

20. The Catalyst/No More Sorrow/Until It's Gone (Intro mashup)
21. Until It's Gone
22. A Light That Never Comes (shortened)
23. Lost in the Echo (shortened, drum outro)
24. Crawling (shortened)
25. New Divide (shortened)
26. What I've Done (w/extended bridge)
27. Bleed it Out (w/drum solo and The Catalyst bridge)

The spaces between sections don't have to be included, I just put them there to follow the printed setlist. Obviously the "shortened" notations are subject to change, various reports have some of those songs being played in full. Joe's solo spot may end up being its own track too if it turns out to have a bunch of pieces of other songs in it like the other new interludes do, but no videos of that have shown up yet.

REALLY hoping they keep this set for Rock in Rio so we can get a full recording of it.