LPU XIII Released!

hahninator

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How close do you guys think this is to how the ATS-era version of Primo sounded? It's definitely got that ATS type build and structure to it. It reminds me of a cross between Iridescent and Blackout. I wish we had a version of this with the final chorus on it as that's the only thing I could think that would make this song better.

Primo is just EPIC! As people mentioned here, you can tell it's an ATS demo just by the structure, which is very similar to Blackout. An amazing demo no doubt. In my opinion, it could have made it to ATS.

Edited by Mesck547

I don't consider Primo to be better than I'LL BE GONE. I think the final version is amazing, I've loved it ever since the album came out. But this demo version is amazing. Great deep lyrics, and I love how it builds. This is awesome to have. I prefer demos like this than the instrumental demos we have been getting. Makes me wonder how epic the rest of LPU13 will be. I can't wait.

I don't consider Primo to be better than I'LL BE GONE. I think the final version is amazing, I've loved it ever since the album came out. But this demo version is amazing. Great deep lyrics, and I love how it builds. This is awesome to have. I prefer demos like this than the instrumental demos we have been getting. Makes me wonder how epic the rest of LPU13 will be. I can't wait.

I was expecting this from you man, considering that the final version sounds similar to the MTM era.

I was expecting this from you man, considering that the final version sounds similar to the MTM era.

Is that why I love I'LL BE GONE? I guess some of the stuff on LT actually does sound like the MTM era. Mostly POWERLESS, I'LL BE GONE and IN MY REMAINS. I still think this Primo demo is amazing, though, I just think the final version they ended up with is really good. I usually think LP makes the right decisions. Very rarely do I think that the demo version of an album version song that we have heard is better.

What an amazing demo. There are definitely parts of it that make me want to say it's better than IBG. You can definitely hear more of the folk sound in this demo. Not a surprise since Chester said most of the songs on LT basically started out being folky until they evolved into the final version. I guess it sort of reminds me of ATS in the way that it's longer (even longer than The Catalyst, though longer songs aren't exclusive to ATS since that started on M2M with songs like Little Things). And then obviously the electronic buildup part starting around 3:18-3:19 leading into the vocal bridge. That definitely has ATS written all over it. Oh yea, and one other thing. The electric guitars being relatively low in the mix.

Because of that, in some ways, I wish this would have been the final version, just to see how different the mix would have sounded. The mix sounds pretty polished for a demo but had this been the final version, I think the electric guitars would have been made louder on the parts where they can be heard, particularly starting at 2:24 where Brad does the bridge guitar part without Chester's vocals (amazing) and also starting at 4:41 and on the final chorus.

To me, it's pretty clear why this wasn't chosen as the final version (especially in retrospect looking at how long the other LT songs ended up being). It's not that IBG is superior to Primo. It has more to do with the length of it. And I think that IBG fits in better with the 1st half of the album, even more so than Primo would have fit in with the 2nd half of it.

I really enjoyed Primo. More Chester singing is only a good thing to me. I don't know if it's better than IBG (IBG being one of the songs I really enjoyed from LT), but I wish there was a Primo like song instead of UIB or Victimized.

Very interested in the rest of LPU13 but still undecided if I want to renew my membership. The forums are a joke, and recently it keeps messing up the login.

Really I only get LPU for the presale/early entrance and if Chester is right then no US tour till 2015.

Primo lyrics:

Like shining oil this night is dripping down

Night is dripping down

Glistening

And I'm trying not to think of what I'm leaving now

Cause I'm leaving now

It's time you let me go

Let me go

Till then carry on

And miss me when I'm gone

Don't let anyone give you away

Just carry on

Don't let anyone take my place

Take my place

This air between us is getting thinner now

Getting thinner now

Bittersweet

We crossed that horizon this sun is setting now

Slowly setting now

It's time you let me go

Let me go

Till then carry on

Just carry on

Take my place

Just carry on

Just carry on

Take my place

Tell them I couldn't help myself

And tell them I was alone

Tell them I was the only one

And there's nothing that can stop me

From going home

Tell them I couldn't help myself

And them I was alone

From going home

From going home

From going home

From going home

From going home

Not much different from I'LL BE GONE outside of the chorus, but there are some slight differences in the verses/bridge.