LPU XIII Released!

hahninator

As long as the new "technology" whatchamacallit has been thoroughly tested prior to being rolled out...I'd really rather not see the LPU site broken for 2 years straight like it was when the whole Clique ID/"Linkin Park Network" debacle happened.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the new "technology" whatchamacallit has been thoroughly tested prior to being rolled out...I'd really rather not see the LPU site broken for 2 years straight like it was when the whole Clique ID/"Linkin Park Network" debacle happened.

+1. That was the worst.

I hosted the Chicago meetup & told the LPUers there news about LPUXIII.

LPUXIII has 3 themes which is what LPA tweeted about. I gave details about each of those themes...BIG details. It was LPA's decision not to give more info about it. It makes the fanbase go a little wild while making them wonder "what the fuck does that even mean."

I was told not to tell anyone else the details so I won't.

Feel free to ask anyone else who attended... Or just wait 1-24 hours depending on your timezone!

>:)

It's going to be a very great year of LPU. I can already tell...

P.S. you guys are right about one of the things discussed above ... But there's more to it... (Muahahaha)

MTM demos or gtfo.

LMAO!!!!!! That's horrible.

Brace yourselves... It's something that I don't think anyone has done yet...

That sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing what it is.

YAY for a sense of humor!

I GOT IT ! The 3 New Things = 3 NEW ALBUMS ! :) I could dream.

But im going with maybe more Cam Chats, Live Studio Cams whne there working on music, and a whole bunch of extra cool merch that has been custom disigned by the band (Shirts/Shoes/Hats/Posters/etc). I really do this the Old Red Hybrid Theory skatebored. I had one but it broke a long time ago, wish i could find one agian lol

And all for the Simple Price of $19.99 :P

Edited by XeroSkies

I GOT IT ! The 3 New Things = 3 NEW ALBUMS ! :) I could dream.

But im going with maybe more Cam Chats, Live Studio Cams whne there working on music, and a whole bunch of extra cool merch that has been custom disigned by the band (Shirts/Shoes/Hats/Posters/etc). I really do this the Old Red Hybrid Theory skatebored. I had one but it broke a long time ago, wish i could find one agian lol

And all for the Simple Price of $19.99 :P

One of my favorite bands (at the time - this was in 2010) had live cameras set up in the studio every day on ustream for recording their last album. No sound though obviously. Something about that was really awesome to me. It got boring sometimes, and torturous when you see awesome things happening that you can't hear. During that though, they would sometimes all come in one room and un-mute the sound and do a video chat with fans. It was cool.

Edited by Justin

One of my favorite bands (at the time - this was in 2010) had live cameras set up in the studio every day on ustream for recording their last album. No sound though obviously. Something about that was really awesome to me. It got boring sometimes, and torturous when you see awesome things happening that you can't hear. During that though, they would sometimes all come in one room and un-mute the sound and do a video chat with fans. It was cool.

I swear Trent Reznor did that for With Teeth and thats how people discovered Dave Grohl was doing the drums as it wasnt annouced at the time. It would be cool, but imagine if someone forgot to mute the cameras again, goldmine.

Brace yourselves... It's something that I don't think anyone has done yet...

Hey, what about membership cost? Will be more than the LPU12 cost?

I noticed last night that they removed the debit cards, so people like me can't pay for items, but i can still using Paypal, so no problems for now, but i don't happy at all about that.

Definitely more than that. I'd say 6+. Maybe 8-10.

They should keep Europe and the rest of the world in mind when launching and not just the US.

The launch date of November 18th should apply to all regions

Edit: I wonder if sustainability might have something to do with being able to purchase multiple years of LPU instead of the usual one.

Thus sustaining the group of members

Edited by andydlp

They should keep Europe and the rest of the world in mind when launching and not just the US.

The launch date of November 18th should apply to all regions

I think that's a bit silly when LPU XIII is up for a whole calendar year. Why does it matter when exactly it launches? You can always buy the membership tomorrow, lol. It's not a time-sensitive thing, like a presale. Presales are the only thing I can understand you'd complain about. For example, you wouldn't want a presale at 3:00am for a concert. But with the LPU I don't see why it honestly matters.

I think that's a bit silly when LPU XIII is up for a whole calendar year. Why does it matter when exactly it launches? You can always buy the membership tomorrow, lol. It's not a time-sensitive thing, like a presale. Presales are the only thing I can understand you'd complain about. For example, you wouldn't want a presale at 3:00am for a concert. But with the LPU I don't see why it honestly matters.

The "press release" if you will stated that it would be launching worldwide on November 18th.

All I'm saying is...stick to their word and don't forget about the time difference!

I don't want to hear "shame on you" or "how dare you, you can't ask that on here", because I don't want to be that guy.. but.. I'm torn between a decision. Should I buy the digital download of LPU 13, or is the quality bad? It would be worse because my pair of headphones just went out on me and all I'm left with is my huge ass monitors hooked up to my receiver and then my AKG k240's, so I'd be able to hear crappy compression. I've heard it's only 192kbps, which is garbage IMO.. OR, should I buy a physical copy, and maybe someone who does buy the digital version could hook me up on MEGA so I could have it to tie me over until the physical copy is shipped to my house? (pleaseeeeee) And is the CD in lossless or is it also in MP3? I'm still going to buy a copy no matter what, and I'm buying a membership no matter what.. I just don't know what to do. Thank you to anyone in advance.

The "press release" if you will stated that it would be launching worldwide on November 18th.

All I'm saying is...stick to their word and don't forget about the time difference!

True, I do agree with that. As long as it's before the 19th internationally I guess they'll be fine haha.

I never buy the music twice. Usually hear the CD through questionable means and then buy the full package. I think Chesterchaz mentioned something about the quality of the CD being less than lossless or something? Anyone have that quote by him?

He said that some of the LPU tracks each year are clearly mp3 sourced, because they didn't have them in higher quality o whatever.

But that's no excuse for them to offer the mp3 download not in the highest possible (mp3) quality.

The mp3 download should come free with the purchase the package and/or the CD. I hope they changed that. You are kind of forced into buying it twice, if you want to listen to it instantly, which is complete bullshit.

He said that some of the LPU tracks each year are clearly mp3 sourced, because they didn't have them in higher quality o whatever.

But that's no excuse for them to offer the mp3 download not in the highest possible (mp3) quality.

The mp3 download should come free with the purchase the package and/or the CD. I hope they changed that. You are kind of forced into buying it twice, if you want to listen to it instantly, which is complete bullshit.

I agree, that would be a smart thing to do. The file size difference between 192 and 320 is not much at all, but the sound quality is ridiculously noticable, 320 sounds good enough to me.. SO yeah, I don't see why they wouldn't give it to us. So, if I did buy it twice (if no one gave me a link), would they be $1 each? I remember seeing the LPU12 CD was $1 extra onto your membership or something?, if I buy both the digital and physical, would it just be $2 extra onto the memebership? I plan on getting the cheapest package because I couldn't use the benefits of the $60 or whatever it is to its full potential and worth.

True, I do agree with that. As long as it's before the 19th internationally I guess they'll be fine haha.

I never buy the music twice. Usually hear the CD through questionable means and then buy the full package. I think Chesterchaz mentioned something about the quality of the CD being less than lossless or something? Anyone have that quote by him?

I'm like you. Questionable means first and then if I like it, I'll buy.

Recharged was the first LP release ever that I didn't like so I haven't bought it. If I see it really cheap somewhere, I'll pick it up. It might be a long time before that happens though