12.06.2011 - Castle Donington, UK - Download

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucre, please understand what I think!

Since 2007 we have a practical way to know the setlists and her sound (I'm talking about the DSP's).

5215 members registered on this forum! The LP doesn'T have a little over 5,000 fans, but THOUSANDS of fans (you know it).

Many countries would like a show. Many do not have the ease of going to a show.

Yes for me it's a good setlist, but since I know what the band is having as setlist, we demand more. But, those who failed to experience there is a setlist that we supposedly already "tired" of hearing?

The world doesn't revolve around us! What's worse is that even if the band change the setlist putting Figure.09, Robot Boy, BITS, among others, we will not be satisfied, we always want something more.

Would leave the band completely mad! Remember that ATS has emerged from the idea that the band wanted to make the creation of songs more "fun" for them.

If you live in Belarus and not even have the opportunity to go to another country, would be happy with a show in your country with this setlist. Believe me: I'm from Brazil, went to a show last year. Only two concerts of Linkin Park in Brazil, a country that is the size of several European countries together. Many here would like the band did more of a show every time they come. And I believe that even complaining setlist or certain songs, we would go to the show because we are a fan of the band (not just one song or another).

I have no questions, right you are.

Guys, no offense, but I think some of you are a bit too spoiled. Yeah, you've seen Linkin Park live like 10 times and need something new all the time. But there are people like me, who have never had the luck to see their favorite band live and don't give a shit about what they play - just seeing them would be the most exciting thing ever. Yeah, it would be interesting to have songs like With You, Figure.09 or whatever on DSP, but is it that important? There are bands that never change setlists, at least Linkin Park usually swap things a bit. I'm sure they'll play a new set this summer, just be patient. After all, it's the concert that matters - if you're there, do you think you'd complain about what they play? Too bad if you would.

Guys, no offense, but I think some of you are a bit too spoiled. Yeah, you've seen Linkin Park live like 10 times and need something new all the time. But there are people like me, who have never had the luck to see their favorite band live and don't give a shit about what they play - just seeing them would be the most exciting thing ever. Yeah, it would be interesting to have songs like With You, Figure.09 or whatever on DSP, but is it that important? There are bands that never change setlists, at least Linkin Park usually swap things a bit. I'm sure they'll play a new set this summer, just be patient. After all, it's the concert that matters - if you're there, do you think you'd complain about what they play? Too bad if you would.

I also think we will have new setlists!

Remember that, in addition to festivals, will have Projekt Revolution.

Not the greatest reception but at least they're not boo'd and bottled haha :P watching MCR get bottled in 2007's... brutal.

Looked pretty good for a headlining festival spot that was taking place right after a huge storm. Also, Chester sounded really good.

Seriously, it DOES matter what setlist they play if you see them perform live, at least to me, when I saw them during some parts of their 2009 shows I got really bored. And if they play the same songs in Hamburg they did last year I'll seriously be pissed (I've paid like 70 euros for the show).

Just sit back and enjoy the fact they're at least touring [...].

Enjoy the fact that they're touring for the sake of getting fucking money? Seriously?

Not the greatest reception but at least they're not boo'd and bottled haha :P watching MCR get bottled in 2007's... brutal.

Lol I was just watching MCR one too and 50 Cent! Happens a lot in England.

Also I don't think LP got a bad reception...it's just all the hardcore fans are at the front...people at the back tend not to jump around etc

Honestly, I don't think it's healthy for me to read through entire threads. My god I prefer teenie boppers over the same people who complain thread after thread about the setlist.

GET OVER YOURSELVES.. -____-"

Yes, it's good that they have hardcore fans like yourselves who follow them, know what they play, and buy DSPs but guess what? You make up less than 1% of their fan base so... yeah...

Just take North American tour for example... they're playing in front of like 15-20k people and how many are on forums like LPL/LPA following every move? Like a couple per show? I'm sure they do care what we think but they also have to care about the rest of the fans... I know when I see a band I don't know as much, I pray that they play big songs that I know :P It's boring to watch something that you don't know and that's what LP are trying to prevent.

And honestly, you guys are watching these shows over youtube and stuff... unless you go to multiple shows like Mark, Sal, etc. you really have no right to complain... It's good enough they give DSPs but oh yeah forgot... anything they do will end up complained about...

/end rant

Good to hear the band got a (mostly) good reception.

And I'm not going to moan about the setlist, 'cause there's really no point, but I do think they could at least have made Faint and One Step Closer an encore. I always feel really cheated when a headliner doesn't play an encore.

Seriously, it DOES matter what setlist they play if you see them perform live, at least to me, when I saw them during some parts of their 2009 shows I got really bored. And if they play the same songs in Hamburg they did last year I'll seriously be pissed (I've paid like 70 euros for the show).

Enjoy the fact that they're touring for the sake of getting fucking money? Seriously?

Thank you! +1

merci janek.. totally agreeing with you!

i personally dont think that many people here realize what they are missing... just watch at green day or also metallica.... they have all have the same structure in their setlists but change up the middle of it and put in the rarest songs they can actually play. they don't give a fuck what the audience thinks, they know the hardcore fans enjoy it sooo much which is why they do that. and now dont tell me its not comparable, both bands have been in the biz for much longer time than LP and still want less money for their shows while playing 2h+ (metallica) or even 3-4 hours (green day)

I agree with you but seriously, 4 hours?! I can't believe this...

Green Day was on stage for nearly 4 hours in Costa Rica playing 43 songs and for 3 1/4 hours in Prague playing 38 songs.

The fact that I paid 48€ for their tickets while I have to pay 20€ more for a Linkin Park show is pissing me off. I wanna get entertained for this much money... I can only agree with most of you here.

What happened to you LP? You used to be cool :P

Haha seriously though whilst i'd love a new setlist with some of the older songs, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon and i'm cool with that... for now <_<

9th and 10th July Sky Arts 1 in the UK.

Also check this out Rock Sound Linkin Park Download photos

will be aired the whole concert of just few songs?

What happened to you LP? You used to be cool :P

Haha seriously though whilst i'd love a new setlist with some of the older songs, I doubt it'll happen anytime soon and i'm cool with that... for now <_<

I think that setlist it's still good;

remeber that LP touring in 2003, and 2004 with the same setlist (PR:04 and summer sanatarium) and no one complain.

If I'm the band I just rework that setlist a little bit and take it for the whole tour

01. Session

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up (ext outro)

05. Wretches And Kings (mario savio speech intro)

06. What I've Done (ambo intro, piano outro into)

07. When They Come For Me (empty spaces intro)

08. No More Sorrow (ext outro)

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Somewhere I Belong

12. Points Of Authority (2009 version)

13. Numb (2009 transition)

14. Breaking The Habit (a capella outro)

15. Burning In The Skies

16. Iridescent

17. The Catalyst

18. Crawling (reanimation intro w/ hands held high)

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out (w/A Place For My Head over bridge)

---------------------------------------------------------------

21. Blackout

22. New Divide (2009 long synth and piano intro)

23. Faint (ext outro)

24. One Step Closer (ext outro)

I think that's good setlist for the big fans and the other fans and also great to promote ATS.

and I also think that would be good for the entire tour (approx time I think around 100 min)

Edited by LPU90

The fact that more than 1 person agreed with this post is the reason my post count is so low here.