12.06.2011 - Castle Donington, UK - Download

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there, just home actually.

Great show. I was at the front. Chester came out into the crowd for "The Catalyst" not for breaking the habit like the review on the Download festival site says. Or maybe both but I missed it :)

p.s Chester was all up in my face and I high fived him twice. He has very sweaty palms. lol.

Seriously, it DOES matter what setlist they play if you see them perform live, at least to me, when I saw them during some parts of their 2009 shows I got really bored. And if they play the same songs in Hamburg they did last year I'll seriously be pissed (I've paid like 70 euros for the show).

Enjoy the fact that they're touring for the sake of getting fucking money? Seriously?

then dont go. You have lplive.net to see the setlists if you dont like the set theyre playing sell your ticket on stubhub and let someone else go enjoy it.

Wow, looks like I have to change my opinion.

Setlist wasn't my biggest problem, like Mark said, when you're live there, you don't really care what exactly they are playing. I was just disappointed that they aren't interacting and talking anymore and it looked like they had a big lack of energy but after reading the reviews, I have to say that I'm excited now :)

Edited by tschenneck

Honestly, I don't think it's healthy for me to read through entire threads. My god I prefer teenie boppers over the same people who complain thread after thread about the setlist.

GET OVER YOURSELVES.. -____-"

Yes, it's good that they have hardcore fans like yourselves who follow them, know what they play, and buy DSPs but guess what? You make up less than 1% of their fan base so... yeah...

Just take North American tour for example... they're playing in front of like 15-20k people and how many are on forums like LPL/LPA following every move? Like a couple per show? I'm sure they do care what we think but they also have to care about the rest of the fans... I know when I see a band I don't know as much, I pray that they play big songs that I know :P It's boring to watch something that you don't know and that's what LP are trying to prevent.

And honestly, you guys are watching these shows over youtube and stuff... unless you go to multiple shows like Mark, Sal, etc. you really have no right to complain... It's good enough they give DSPs but oh yeah forgot... anything they do will end up complained about...

/end rant

i agree but.

merci janek.. totally agreeing with you!

i personally dont think that many people here realize what they are missing... just watch at green day or also metallica.... they have all have the same structure in their setlists but change up the middle of it and put in the rarest songs they can actually play. they don't give a fuck what the audience thinks, they know the hardcore fans enjoy it sooo much which is why they do that. and now dont tell me its not comparable, both bands have been in the biz for much longer time than LP and still want less money for their shows while playing 2h+ (metallica) or even 3-4 hours (green day)

i was also thinking about this, some bands play a lot longer and change up their set, like said above Metallica, Green Day, and even others like Muse, Slayer, and more. Im not complaining about the set nor will i ever but i still think and wish the band could change the set up a bit.

did anyone besides me realize they have dropped Shadow Of The Day?

i noticed it, its about time its gone

Anyone ripped the audio?

On the radio was played only 3 songs, I think there was no sense it ripped. :rolleyes:

I think it would be better to wait for the DSP, besides the quality was a badass like said Mark. ;)

Felipeintheend, I dunno maybe someone and ripped this is, but I am not. :)

All the bitching on here makes me laugh. I was there at the festival for all 3 days. LP's set was fucking solid, and there would have been much more energy in the crowd if it hadn't rained. Being a big fan even I was barely rocking out to the tunes because of being wet. And to be honest what you guys say on the forum is less important to them than what they see at a concert. If they know that a particular set works good with the crowd they'll play that again. That's what Hugo said yesterday( not exactly but that's what he meant ;)). At a festival most of the people are there just to "check them out", so they obviously don't know what they played last night. And where I was standing I was surrounded by early LP fans who didn't really enjoy WFTE and Iridescent. When Faint started, one of them literally jumped up in joy saying "Hell yeah, they are playing more of old stuffs". Everyone seemed really happy after the end. TBH SOAD had VERY less energy in them on saturday but the crowd had Fucking lot of it. It was the opposite with LP but the crowd wasn't that dead, it was just because of the weather I suppose. The only thing that made me sad was the M&G, but there was a solid reason for that. LP's flight was delayed and we got REALLY less time to meet them, they didnt even talk to us, but again the weather is to blame.