12.06.2011 - Castle Donington, UK - Download

Eh whatever. The crowd was going freaking mental. Singing every line to every song without fail and screaming like crazy.

I was there. Some other awesome people where there. Everyone else is just a bunch of idiots moaning about it in front of a glowing rectangle.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came home from Donington Park/Download Festival 2011,England. The show was sick. But the audience wasn't that great. (In my oppinion), the weather wasn't the best either, but I lined up and enjoyed the show from the frontrow!

Well, it's time to sleep now! I got a show here in Stockholm, Sweden to catch up for tomorrow! :D

Eh whatever. The crowd was going freaking mental. Singing every line to every song without fail and screaming like crazy.

People were definitely singing along, but I'm talking about the activeness in crowd. If you saw SOAD the other day you would know what I'm talking about. The crowd was CRAZY. The nature was not on our side on sunday.

I honestly dont know what all the hate is with SOTD. Seriously. Its one of the best songs in their set. Just because it doesnt have heavy ass C# tunned riffs doesn't mean it should be dropped.

People were definitely singing along, but I'm talking about the activeness in crowd. If you saw SOAD the other day you would know what I'm talking about. The crowd was CRAZY. The nature was not on our side on sunday.

Well, it was raining all sunday, so I guess that would be a sort of excuse for the crowd (despite it was pretty rowdy where I was). And remember, not as many people were there for LP, since quite a few went for Rob Zombie (it was easy to see there wasn't as many people, since I wasn't crushed up against the barrier like I was with SOAD).

Also, for anyone who was at download, 836 - 836 836!!! (

for anyone who's interested) Edited by Projektion

836!

LP should of got him on stage and got him singing :D

So happy I was right in front of Chester for The Catalyst and got to sing the Chorus while he was grasping my hand and looking right back at me. It was like whoa! in a non gay kinda way!

EPIC!!

Mlpus44, your from Hereford!? Me too! :P

Hmm to be honest, Mr Hanh scares me lately, All the band look really clean cut but Joe looks like some kinda fat Mafia member who has been sleeping in a bush for a week! lol

Also, somethings missing off the show notes, Chester went into the crowd for the outro to BTH and all of The Catalyst.

Yes and he came up and song the Chorus with me right in front of him :P

Chester also came out into the crowd after the set and thanked everyone and I got another high five. Woo!

yo is there a video about this " Just ahead of the legendary band’s arrival on the Main Stage a security guard became an unlikely hero as the cameras focused on him, with the eager mob cheering every time he appeared – he looked bemused to say the least, but when he made the signature Download devilhorns he received a huge wave of cheers and basked in the adoration of the audience."

yo is there a video about this " Just ahead of the legendary band’s arrival on the Main Stage a security guard became an unlikely hero as the cameras focused on him, with the eager mob cheering every time he appeared – he looked bemused to say the least, but when he made the signature Download devilhorns he received a huge wave of cheers and basked in the adoration of the audience."

Now I guess you may understand why me and smarky started going "836, 836, 836".

Btw, the crowd was chanting it at points during Lp's set, so I wouldn't be surprised if it showed up in the DSP.