12.06.2011 - Castle Donington, UK - Download

The second show of Linkin Park's European Tour and fourth show of the summer comes in Castle Donington, England at the last day of the famous three day Download Festival! LP played Download for the first time in 2004 (show page here) and returned in 2007 for the first European Tour for Minutes To Midnight (show page here). In 2004, the band didn't get the BEST reception...people in the back and on the sides wanted to sit down! Check out the video:

It's not often you see fans react that way to LP! All was well in 2007 when they returned (video here). We'll have to see how they are treated this year! Download is known for bottling bands that don't play very much heavy material, but Chester recently promised in a Kerrang interview that their show was going to kick ass and be full of rock so perhaps the band will change it up a bit for this show! Bullet For My Valentine and Disturbed are on right before LP so let's hope the band comes out rocking. This is probably getting close to their ten millionth show in England, haha. They close out the European Tour in London at the iTunes Festival next month, so the UK gets two shows on this tour.

Last night in Austria at the NovaRock Festival, we can assume LP did the same setlist as Mountain View, but as of the time this post went up, we don't know for sure (wow, that really never ever happens here, eh?)!

Who's headed out to Download? M&G, anybody? Other bands playing before LP today include: Bullet For My Valentine, Disturbed, The Gaslight Anthem, The Pretty Reckless, Bowling For Soup, Madina Lake (Projekt Revolution 2007, anyone?), Biohazard and Suicide Silence. This is one of the shows I am most excited to hear a DSP from since Download is such a famous festival and the crowds are huge!

After this show, the band takes a day off before playing in Stockholm, Sweden on the 14th. Find the rest of the 2011 tour dates here.

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up

05. What I've Done

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For The End

11. Wisdom, Justice, And Love

12. Iridescent

13. Numb

14. The Radiance

15. Breaking The Habit

16. The Catalyst

17. Crawling

18. New Divide

19. In The End

20. Bleed It Out (w/ Burning In The Skies & A Place For My Head over bridge)

21. Faint

22. One Step Closer

Thanks to Phil Porter for setlist updates!

http://twitter.com/philporter1974

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any webcast info for us in the states?

There is no webcast for this version of Download Festival ;)

As for the show, I don't expect the 'rock' show by Linkin Park. Same setlist as usual. I hope the people who go there enjoy the show, and I hope the band will be well received.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

Wow Disturbed and BFMV are playing before them? That's like "Introduction to Hard Rock 101" right there. Let's hope LP can step it up for those people in the crowd. At least they aren't Playing before (or after for that matter) heavier bands otherwise things have the potential to get ugly. lol

Disturbed and BFMV are playing before LP? Wow, if they play they play the same set get again, they'll probably get bottled... Especially after SOAD headlining yesterday.

Our chances to get a new setlist are veeeery low though in my opinion.

If anyone wants to go to download but cant afford it, my cousin has gave me 4 guest passes which means u can go behind stage to and meet some bands, hes working there and has gave me these for free, i cant go cause of having a new born baby so my time is devoted to him at mo. i live in burton-on-trent england, i dont expect nout for them. if u want them msg me and i can meet u in burton to give u them.

I've been worried about this festival since it was announced. I was thinking if they don't do a hard rock set then they might not get a good reception. The reception in 2007 seemed good. We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by LinkinMark

Hi, just want to say that I was at that 2004 download show and there reception wasn't bad at all. In that video when there was booing it wasn't towards the band, but towards the people sitting down on a hill next to the stage. Also most bands get bottles thrown at them, the guys maybe got 3 or 4 thrown at them and they were quite funny about it, a girl threw one at mike which just missed him and he said "missed me bitch" which got the crowd laughing. To be honest it was the best atmosphere and crowd I've seen at a LP show. Just wanted to add my 2cents!

Hi, just want to say that I was at that 2004 download show and there reception wasn't bad at all. In that video when there was booing it wasn't towards the band, but towards the people sitting down on a hill next to the stage. Also most bands get bottles thrown at them, the guys maybe got 3 or 4 thrown at them and they were quite funny about it, a girl threw one at mike which just missed him and he said "missed me bitch" which got the crowd laughing. To be honest it was the best atmosphere and crowd I've seen at a LP show. Just wanted to add my 2cents!

EPIC FAIL to the girl and EPIC WIN to mikes comment :D

Interesting note. I'll add it to the show notes.

Come on man, they can't do the same set the entire tour, that's just weak. Europe already had an ATS tour. Change up 1 or 2 songs at least and it'll satisfy people.

They actually can, Mark...Its been basically the "same" set since they dropped ATS, just switching songs trying to fool the fans.

TOo bad there's not webcast this year!

From our good friend @philporter74 on Twitter:

"@Hahninator Hi Mark. On my way to Download. Can't log into LPLive from my IPhone for some reason. Can u do me a favor and put on there that reception permitting I will Tweet tonight's set list as it happens. Thanks mate "

:)

i agree i was at that show and the crowed were not as bad as people make out it was one of my fav LP shows

Its crazy to think that back in the day, 2004, when the band was heavier they had so much trouble with the audience. It must be because of their huge following now that it dosen't effect them as much as it used to. But anyway, for Download's sake, I really hope they play a heavier set than usual. Even if its the adition of one or two songs, the rest of the contenders can still be there too.

Basically Nova Rock's setlists with a few more heavy tracks. :)