12.06.2011 - Castle Donington, UK - Download

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I've seen some people say LP needs a different set to be received well since they're playing after Disturbed and Bullet, but honestly?

the show starts out with Papercut, LFY, Given Up, WID, WTCFM and NMS. That's about as heavy an opening you could get from Linkin Park, minus What I've Done, but that song is a pretty big rock hit so it should go over fairly well.

should be interesting to see how the fans of other bands react to The Radiance though. lulz.

For those that went to that show. Did any of you guys went to the SECC show in Glasgow back in 2003? I did!

no but i went to the manchester 2003 show that was awsome. but like i said the crowed were fine with LP at download in 2004 every band at download gets a few bottels thrown at them thats uk festivals for you but the crowed were jumping moshing and singing for LP that vid on main post is like that other person said the crowed were booing at the people siting down on the hill cose mike said to they were not booing at LP the video is labeled wrong. LP played well and most people at the festival loved them. and its like the RTR dvd makes the crowed look boring but i know for a fact the crowed were brill at that gig the crowed were singing realy loud there were loads a mosh pits but the dvd makes it look like the crowed were dead but they were so not

Edited by HAARP

Don't want to bitch about the set, but they should change the set a little, accordingly. Download is pretty much a metal festival, and LP have enough 'metal' type songs that would work to their advantage. They're following Bullet and Disturbed, they should choose heavier songs. This would never happen, but songs like Blackout, From The Inside, With You, Figure.09, Qwerty (Def never happen) should be replacing stuff like WID, Waiting For The End, Iridescent, Shadow Of The Day, etc.

Yeah I am glad they have ditched SOTD on the last couple of shows because its not the best live song! If they took there recent setlist and put one or two more songs from the first two albums I think they will go down really well!

Edited by mlplus44

Don't want to bitch about the set, but they should change the set a little, accordingly. Download is pretty much a metal festival, and LP have enough 'metal' type songs that would work to their advantage. They're following Bullet and Disturbed, they should choose heavier songs. This would never happen, but songs like Blackout, From The Inside, With You, Figure.09, Qwerty (Def never happen) should be replacing stuff like WID, Waiting For The End, Iridescent, Shadow Of The Day, etc.

Agreed!

The problem is that LP has that stupid thought that they NEED to play in every show the biggest number of singles and songs from the new album!!! They don´t need to play all over again WFTE, Iridescent, SOTD...people already know these songs and probably have seem them before so they need to spice things a little bit...but I quite don´t understand them!!!

Agreed!

The problem is that LP has that stupid thought that they NEED to play in every show the biggest number of singles and songs from the new album!!! They don´t need to play all over again WFTE, Iridescent, SOTD...people already know these songs and probably have seem them before so they need to spice things a little bit...but I quite don´t understand them!!!

See, I don't want to be the guy that always is bitching about the set. But for a show like Download, they should change the set up A LITTLE BIT. Why play songs like Shadow, WFTE, and shit like that at a metal festival, when they know damn well that the crowd would love stuff like By Myself, With You, Figure.09, etc. At festival shows they should play different, cool sets. On their headlining shows it's fine to play the regular set...

its not really a metal festival just a rock festival they have bands play like bowling for soup and 30 seconds to mars and last time i checked they arnt metal and last time LP played in 2007 they were on after marilyn manson

Slayer and machine head and LP went down with crowed just fine but i do agree lp need to change set up for shows more

See, I don't want to be the guy that always is bitching about the set. But for a show like Download, they should change the set up A LITTLE BIT. Why play songs like Shadow, WFTE, and shit like that at a metal festival, when they know damn well that the crowd would love stuff like By Myself, With You, Figure.09, etc. At festival shows they should play different, cool sets. On their headlining shows it's fine to play the regular set...

Exactly! I meant in special situations like Download Festival, Sonisphere and other metal festivals that their are invited for stuff they did in the past not for their new material.

They don't need to drop songs. I like them and the majority of the crowd became a fan because of these songs. In my opinion, the easiest solution would be just adding 2-3 songs to the setlist. I don't need to name them anymore, we all want to hear "With You", "Figure.09" or "P5hng Me A*wy".

This would make their shows a bit longer and ALL the attenders of the show would be happy.

Don't see a problem at all with this solution, but oh well... If they did this, they could play the same set throughout the entire tour (maybe switching up 2-3 songs every here and there). That's what they did in 2003 and 2004 and noone complained...

Not gonna happen though. Here we go, they should be on stage now.

Awesome they start in about 2 minutes, are they actually playing the audio from the show live?

I dont think this is a live stream, just playing songs atm, but maybe they will stream the show later?

its not really a metal festival just a rock festival they have bands play like bowling for soup and 30 seconds to mars and last time i checked they arnt metal and last time LP played in 2007 they were on after marilyn manson

Slayer and machine head and LP went down with crowed just fine but i do agree lp need to change set up for shows more

Well, yeah I guess. They should just play a more rock/metal set then their usual set, though. Bullet and Disturbed were before LP... And I know for a fact Bullet probably kicked ass because they always do. The only thing I hate about LP is that they don't ever play songs that fans want. I don't see why they don't. Pretty much EVERY band I know plays songs that the fans wants to hear, not just singles only. I understand at shows like Madrid, or stuff like that, to play their usual set since it's being recorded for TV, etc. But shows like this should at least have a few fan favorites. APFMH?

I hope they air audio from the show that way we can get a accurate set and get to hear the show as they play... would be awesome. Is anyone posting in this thread at the show right now?