11.11.2010 - London, England (Night 2)

hahninator

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found a video on Youtube of LOATR acoustic from the summit. Not the best sound though

Not the best sound but Chester still sounds fantastic. I love the song stripped down like this and prefer it to the original. I don't expect LP to start doing acoustic songs though since it doesn't seems to be their style. Piano versions are fine with me.

hey guys!

going to keep this brief for now - bro and i left london this morning and just arrived in paris... so we're a little tired, a little under the weather and really, really hungry!

yesterday and last night were absolutely incredible. the entire day was definitely a one of a kind experience. got off to a shaky start - breakfast didnt happen - and with all the queuing and waiting we did - we didn't eat lunch either...

the activities that everyone was supposed to be able to choose one thing from got cut off early so a lot of us missed out... however, they well and truly made up for it once we were inside. others have already said what happened in there so i won't go over it again... but suffice to say, forgot how hungry i was the moment we stepped inside the O2 ;)

i was fortunate enough to win the backstage tour led by mike not once, but 5 times lol. guess that's what happens when you drop 80 pounds on raffle tickets :S good thing is i got to take my bro with me and gave one of the tickets away to a disabled lady - i hope she enjoyed it as much as we did. it was a very insightful and friendly backstage tour... some of the stuff mike and the production team discussed was incredible and very eye-opening.

i've got a lot of this, as well as the acoustic performance, soundcheck, q&a, etc on video. unfortunately, given we are still away from home for another 2 weeks - it's going to be fairly difficult for me to process and upload... but i'll do my best to give you guys some snippets of it when i can.

my brother and i also had VIP tickets, so once the summit finished and we fed our hungry guts at gourmet burger king (seriously, how good is that place!?)... we got led in by hugo to the actual actual back stage - im talking where all the guitars, etc are kept. they also took us on stage to get a photo with the crowd behind us, took a couple of pics of both of us holding mike and brad's guitars... very awesome! got to meet a lot of the crew, got taken into the catering room, pooch's mixing room, etc, etc. all of them were absolute gentlemen and went above and beyond expectations to make sure my bro and i were happy with the tour... also got given some drumsticks, a set list, a music for relief shirt and a signed photo... very impressed! we then got led into the venue and had to wait for pooch to get into the mixing area where he collected us and let us watch the show from directly behind him.

it was an absolute experience and a half neither of us will ever forget.

absolutely huge respect for mike, hugo, pooch and the rest of the production team for being so accommodating throughout the day and for being absolute gentlemen (and ladies!).

also adam - well done for being able to keep your cool with all the stuff-ups that were happening... i think given it was your first summit you did an exceptional job and should be commended for it.

PS. mike made mention near the end of the show about all the people who had travelled from around the world to come to the summit - he mentioned almost every country except ours!!! lol. poor aussies!!! ;)

PPS. guess that wasn't so brief lol

hey guys!

going to keep this brief for now - bro and i left london this morning and just arrived in paris... so we're a little tired, a little under the weather and really, really hungry!

yesterday and last night were absolutely incredible. the entire day was definitely a one of a kind experience. got off to a shaky start - breakfast didnt happen - and with all the queuing and waiting we did - we didn't eat lunch either...

the activities that everyone was supposed to be able to choose one thing from got cut off early so a lot of us missed out... however, they well and truly made up for it once we were inside. others have already said what happened in there so i won't go over it again... but suffice to say, forgot how hungry i was the moment we stepped inside the O2 ;)

i was fortunate enough to win the backstage tour led by mike not once, but 5 times lol. guess that's what happens when you drop 80 pounds on raffle tickets :S good thing is i got to take my bro with me and gave one of the tickets away to a disabled lady - i hope she enjoyed it as much as we did. it was a very insightful and friendly backstage tour... some of the stuff mike and the production team discussed was incredible and very eye-opening.

i've got a lot of this, as well as the acoustic performance, soundcheck, q&a, etc on video. unfortunately, given we are still away from home for another 2 weeks - it's going to be fairly difficult for me to process and upload... but i'll do my best to give you guys some snippets of it when i can.

my brother and i also had VIP tickets, so once the summit finished and we fed our hungry guts at gourmet burger king (seriously, how good is that place!?)... we got led in by hugo to the actual actual back stage - im talking where all the guitars, etc are kept. they also took us on stage to get a photo with the crowd behind us, took a couple of pics of both of us holding mike and brad's guitars... very awesome! got to meet a lot of the crew, got taken into the catering room, pooch's mixing room, etc, etc. all of them were absolute gentlemen and went above and beyond expectations to make sure my bro and i were happy with the tour... also got given some drumsticks, a set list, a music for relief shirt and a signed photo... very impressed! we then got led into the venue and had to wait for pooch to get into the mixing area where he collected us and let us watch the show from directly behind him.

it was an absolute experience and a half neither of us will ever forget.

absolutely huge respect for mike, hugo, pooch and the rest of the production team for being so accommodating throughout the day and for being absolute gentlemen (and ladies!).

also adam - well done for being able to keep your cool with all the stuff-ups that were happening... i think given it was your first summit you did an exceptional job and should be commended for it.

PS. mike made mention near the end of the show about all the people who had travelled from around the world to come to the summit - he mentioned almost every country except ours!!! lol. poor aussies!!! ;)

PPS. guess that wasn't so brief lol

And that was what you outbid me for on the Charitybuzz Auction - SO JEALOUS I'M TELLING YOU :)

But I'm glad you liked the "prize" :) Peace bro..

Cause I think Rob makes the setlists. I dunno. I have no idea how the process goes to determine what song to play lol. The new set looks great. If they put POA in there instead of NMS, that'll be epic. I guess they'll do 3 rotating sets again.

Very interesting to see BTH was dropped for once. That's good news to me even though I love BTH because this means LP isn't relying on ALL those singles still. SIB is gone, etc. LOATR was gone for a while. I like that. Changing the set so much with adding and subtracting songs is great in my opinion. Maybe this means Numb is "One Step Closer" to being dropped ;)

i like that they are relying not on all the singles, but BTH is my third favorite LP song, so it was sad to this song dropped. but i still love this setlist. and I'm happy they played FTI

@Narc85 : Thanks for the "brief" review! It seems like it was a great ending to the European tour. (And I'm sorry for you about passing by Paris. There has been an awful weather for nearly two weeks now!)

The first summit ever looks like a great success!

Source 1: Audio - AUD (SP-CMC-8A > SP-SPSB-1 (no roll-off)> Sony MZ-R30)

Transfer: Master MD > Line-In > SoundForge > CD Wave > .FLAC (level 5)> Winamp (Tags)

Taper: michalangelo

Sample:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8QB7NIA6

Time: full show ;)

SHOW WILL BE SHARED TOMORROW!

apfmhoverbio.mp3

Edited by michalangelo

Source 1: Audio - AUD (SP-CMC-8A > SP-SPSB-1 (no roll-off)> Sony MZ-R30)

Transfer: Master MD > Line-In > SoundForge > CD Wave > .FLAC (level 5)> Winamp (Tags)

Taper: michalangelo

Sample:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8QB7NIA6

Time: full show ;)

congrats :)

By far the best quality video I've found on Youtube for "Leave Out All The Rest" Acoustic

Haha, whoever filmed that must have sat right next to me! I have videos currently uploading so I will post those soon. But it really was incredible, I'm jealous of all the people who won the raffle prizes...next time I'm getting £80 worth of tickets! :D But I did the on stage photo, was right in front for the Q&A, acoustic session and the sound check so all is good :)