Mike: "Haters And The Converted: ATS Release"

SpikeMinoda

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T

I hope you didn't mean it when you said mike is god!!

Comments like that disgust me! I don't understand why fans of musicians glorify and idiolize them as if they were god! That comment is a little scary because it sounds as if you are obsessed. I'm not trying to be a dick but just expressing my feelings!

Take it easy, its not that he said he is actually god or comparing to , its just a matter of speaking, dont take it serious like that :P . . .

T

I hope you didn't mean it when you said mike is god!!

Comments like that disgust me! I don't understand why fans of musicians glorify and idiolize them as if they were god! That comment is a little scary because it sounds as if you are obsessed. I'm not trying to be a dick but just expressing my feelings!

And you don't think religious people are obsessed with their gods sometimes? At least Mike cares about his fans in some way, but that's another discussion entirely.

Anyway, Mike finally updated his blog again.

Well said.

Making the music for yourselves is the important thing, hoping everyone likes it so you can continue making music for everyone to enjoy.

I, for one, loved this record from the first listen. Not because I'm a fanboi™, but because I love music. I enjoy everything from LP to Herbie Hancock. Metallica to Bach. And I realized that this was LP's "Dark Side of the Moon". It literally blew my mind the first time, and still currently does every time that I hear it, to the point that I had tears listening to it at the firehouse the first time that I heard it. And still get chills from "The Catalyst" and "The Messenger", and now when I listen to "Wretches and Kings" I can see Chester just AMPED singing the chorus and Mike with this HUGE smile on his face, and relaxed. When I saw them for PR 07 and 08, they were tired, touring almost since the release of MtM non-stop. At the show 2 weeks ago, they were fresh, and even the older stuff (see: OSC, Numb) they seemed excited to play it (Brad smiling was a first for me).

To me, that's a product of putting out something that they are truly love and believe in. And that's what it's about. Loving what you do, because if you don't, you're gonna be miserable, get the fuck out and do what makes you happy. What else are we here on this Earth for?

All of this.

Maybe it's a bad reason okey, but believe me there have been people who wanted to boycott the album. But I like the LP album yet but I do unfortunately not easy :/

boycott? LULZ.

Honestly people wouldn't be so mad about LP making a bad cd if they didn't take 3-4 years between each one. I don't think ATS is bad( besides TC) but I will undoubtedly be bored with this cd very quickly because there's only 7 tracks I like on the cd out of the 9 total. I really think a cd with more songs would appease both types of LP fans. We were promised FM energy from Mike on this cd and there still isn't that much rapping. Chester screams once. There is barely any guitar thats audible on the entire cd. Just elements that initially attracted people to LP from the beginning are now missing. I'm all for change but completely abandoning your genre of rock/rap is an entirely different thing.

I'M A THOUSAND SUNS HATER AND WHAT!!!!!!

A THOUSAND SUNS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT MORE MUSIC HEAVY NOT POP MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try to catch up mothafucka..... :D

I 50% disagree...

I think the next album is going to sound different from its predecessor...

(Or maybe it will be like ATS' brother, like how Meteora was Hybrid Theory's)

I hope the next album would have Mike singing/rapping/both most of the songs in the album...

Chester already sang most of Minutes To Midnight, give Mike a chance...

:lol:

i prefer Chester more than mike, but mike is awesome! It would awesome for the next album to be the borther album of ATS!

I'M A THOUSAND SUNS HATER AND WHAT!!!!!!

A THOUSAND SUNS SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT MORE MUSIC HEAVY NOT POP MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really bored to see these kinda posts now, grow up or just listen to something else

did you even read the blog? from your comment you obviously didn't

I'm not even going to repeat that Mike just posted so :lol:

I hate to see LP kinda having to push away the bad reviews, there's going to be people who love or hate and album you can't help it, make what you love and what you want thats why your in the job!

Cool that Mike posted about it and understands completely whats going on, he knows they took a gamble with a new sound and going towards a type of a concept record.

To be completely honest I don't like ATS that much, like for some fans it was a let down, but it doesn't make me anymore less an LP fan... I've been listening to them since 2002 and don't plan on letting up. Still plan to go jam out to all the songs Hybrid thru ATS live cause LP BRINGS it live!

I'm not a metal head at all, but I think A Thousand Suns sucked. Well not sucked, but it was an ok album, not great. I hate how Mike thinks the only people who hated ATS are metal heads who want Hybrid Theory/nu-metal because that's not true. ATS had way too many interludes and was overproduced. Gems of the album were Burning in the Skies and Waiting For the end. Wretches and Kings was a fun/nostalgic track but nothing special. The album just did not deliver after 3-4 years of waiting ( which is the BIGGEST issue for me, if they can put out an album 1-2 years a time then whatever, but i hate how slow they are in creating music) and all the teasing by the band pre-release. It just fell flat for me. I still listen to the album regularly, but meh it's just ok..

Edited by thesungoesdown

I'm not a metal head at all, but I think A Thousand Suns sucked. Well not sucked, but it was an ok album, not great. I hate how Mike thinks the only people who hated ATS are metal heads who want Hybrid Theory/nu-metal because that's not true. ATS had way too many interludes and was overproduced. Gems of the album were Burning in the Skies and Waiting For the end. Wretches and Kings was a fun/nostalgic track but nothing special. The album just did not deliver after 3-4 years of waiting ( which is the BIGGEST issue for me, if they can put out an album 1-2 years a time then whatever, but i hate how slow they are in creating music) and all the teasing by the band pre-release. It just fell flat for me. I still listen to the album regularly, but meh it's just ok..

Mike doesn't think, the only people who dislike ATS, would be metal heads. Read it again. He said himself, that there are people, who also listen to electronic music and so on, but just can't identify with the new sound.

[...], I'm showing it to all ATS-haters from now on.

And who cares about it? As Mike said, it's OK that (f.e.) I don't like ATS, it is the person's choice. F.e.: I develop applications to Android and Windows Phone 7. Some people likes my apps, some people doesn't. It (the decision-making) is the part of our humanity. Until people can express their verdict respectful, it is an acceptable thing. I respect that they work on this album a lot. I usually work on my apps a lot. These two things are very similar. Edited by Nezumi86

Excellent post Mike. You can tell he was dying to get this off his chest once & for all.

I too just wish more people would be open minded when it comes to music. Not just hating for hating sake. But Its great to see mike acknowledging the people who dont like album first listen, but eventually grow to like it & welcomeing the 'old' & 'new' fans alike to his shows.

Mike, I tip my hat to you sir :)

Game Set Match = Shinoda

I dunno wtf everyones on but ATS is musically one of their best albums yet.

I have been listening to it all day and it still amazes me.

Mike should of just stated. "To All the haters = When they come for me"

I totally agree with Mike. For me, I love changes. I love that the move on. I love ATS. Of Course I wished an album kinda like HT... but hey... there are some Songs (WTCFM, W&K, Blackout) They were so fucking awesome. And Iridescent and The Messenger are musicly epic.

Read the article again and quote it to me where exactly Mike said only metal heads hate the new album. And FYI, Hybrid Theory is actually Linkin Park's most over produced album. The terrible mixing that was similar to pop albums in general is one of the only things i hate about both Hybrid Theory and Meteora, especially on the choruses. And you have a terrible knack of time. 3-4 years? If they actually put out an album 1-2 years, then they most certainly won't tour at all genius. Because all they'll be doing is living in the studio. And you honestly expect a band made up of human beings to be perfectly fine living in the studio chugging out albums after albums like a machine because anything else displeases you. The unrealistic expectations people spit out is just baffling sometimes.