Mike: "Haters And The Converted: ATS Release"

SpikeMinoda

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a metal head at all, but I think A Thousand Suns sucked. Well not sucked, but it was an ok album, not great. I hate how Mike thinks the only people who hated ATS are metal heads who want Hybrid Theory/nu-metal because that's not true. ATS had way too many interludes and was overproduced. Gems of the album were Burning in the Skies and Waiting For the end. Wretches and Kings was a fun/nostalgic track but nothing special. The album just did not deliver after 3-4 years of waiting ( which is the BIGGEST issue for me, if they can put out an album 1-2 years a time then whatever, but i hate how slow they are in creating music) and all the teasing by the band pre-release. It just fell flat for me. I still listen to the album regularly, but meh it's just ok..

that might just be the single most ironically hilarious post i've read on this forum. you clearly did not read what mike said at all - just jumped on here to post that crap and in the process, make a complete fool of yourself.

excellent blog from mike.

I think Mike is Trent Reznor's little brother. Serisouly, that was an epic post by Mike. Just so you know Mike (not that you'd read this but whatever), I thought A Thousand Suns was LP's most amazing album since Reanimation. I love the direction you're going with your music and your live shows (more visual oriented stuff sounds so amazing I can't wait to see you guys). Keep up the good work.

that might just be the single most ironically hilarious post i've read on this forum. you clearly did not read what mike said at all - just jumped on here to post that crap and in the process, make a complete fool of yourself.

excellent blog from mike.

Clearly you don't watch or read any of the interviews posted by the band for the past month, and for the last couple years regarding the new direction after Hybrid Theory/Meteora. The band, specifically Mike, has said for time and time that people will like or understand the new stuff/direction, and the people who dislike it are fans who want HT and Meteora again. Am I wrong? I don't have the patience to look up all the interviews and specific quotes right now, but if I must I will tomorrow if you want to continue this debate. Also, how dare you say patronize me i did not make a fool of myself i just spoke my opinion. congratulations for getting a hard on over the post by the way by the way.

Edited by thesungoesdown

Read the article again and quote it to me where exactly Mike said only metal heads hate the new album. And FYI, Hybrid Theory is actually Linkin Park's most over produced album. The terrible mixing that was similar to pop albums in general is one of the only things i hate about both Hybrid Theory and Meteora, especially on the choruses. And you have a terrible knack of time. 3-4 years? If they actually put out an album 1-2 years, then they most certainly won't tour at all genius. Because all they'll be doing is living in the studio. And you honestly expect a band made up of human beings to be perfectly fine living in the studio chugging out albums after albums like a machine because anything else displeases you. The unrealistic expectations people spit out is just baffling sometimes.

I would debate with you, but after reading what you wrote on your signature it's a complete waste of time. And I can name a dozen artists right now who tour and release albums every 1-2 years lol You're such a blindless tool obsessed with LP that they can do no wrong.

Clearly you don't watch or read any of the interviews posted by the band for the past month, and for the last couple years regarding the new direction after Hybrid Theory/Meteora. The band, specifically Mike, has said for time and time that people will like or understand the new stuff/direction, and the people who dislike it are fans who want HT and Meteora again. Am I wrong? I don't have the patience to look up all the interviews and specific quotes right now, but if I must I will tomorrow if you want to continue this debate. Also, how dare you say patronize me i did not make a fool of myself i just spoke my opinion. congratulations for getting a hard on over the post by the way by the way.

arguing with someone like you (let alone anyone on the internet) is a complete waste of time... but hey, feel free to waste more of YOUR time by doing that :P

(i LOL'd at the above quoted post btw ;))

thesunsgoesdown is clearly right here. Some people here just have no reading comprehension and are interpreting Mike's post into a take that haters stance.

I would debate with you, but after reading what you wrote on your signature it's a complete waste of time. And I can name a dozen artists right now who tour and release albums every 1-2 years lol You're such a blindless tool obsessed with LP that they can do no wrong.

Yep. That's me. If i love the album, i must be a blindless(by the way,not a word genius) tool obsessed with LP that they can do no wrong. By that vein of logic, you must be one of those idiots who think heavy guitars and screaming = good songs and think the band would make "better" music if Mike and Chester went back to dyeing their hair and Brad shaved off his beard. Isn't stereotyping fun?

Yep. That's me. If i love the album, i must be a blindless(by the way,not a word genius) tool obsessed with LP that they can do no wrong. By that vein of logic, you must be one of those idiots who think heavy guitars and screaming = good songs and think the band would make "better" music if Mike and Chester went back to dyeing their hair and Brad shaved off his beard. Isn't stereotyping fun?

+1