Mike: "Haters And The Converted: ATS Release"

SpikeMinoda

Worst reason to buy an album ever. And you know you can't say in confidence that their next album won't sell when it's plain to see that ATS has already sold fairly well because of their large loyal fanbase and general appeal.

Maybe it's a bad reason okey, but believe me there have been people who wanted to boycott the album. But I like the LP album yet but I do unfortunately not easy :/

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's a bad reason okey, but believe me there have been people who wanted to boycott the album. But I like the LP album yet but I do unfortunately not easy :/

Also, you need to learn to spell check. It is hard to take anything you write seriously when you sound like a 2 year old.

+1000.

I'm sick and tired of going anywhere and talk about Linkin Park and see all these haters. Even on LP sites (not this one). He is right about the internet being a place that is, sadly, full of negative people. And what they complain about is very childish. You ONLY like heavy guitars?. Grow up. I do love heavy guitars, but I also love electronics and samples, and there's nothing wrong with liking both things. Music is all about doing what you feel, what makes you happy. So if creating new things is what makes you happy, so be it.

As Richard Z Kruspe, Rammstein's founder and lead guitarrist, said before releasing their 2009 album Liebe Ist Für Alle Da, "if you like our previous albums, go listen to them. Each album we make is a different one, and we don't want to make the same album over and over". That's not the exact words he used because I don't remember them, but that's the message. I'm using his words because Mike has already said this a thousand times, and some people still don't get it. Maybe in another musician's and creative mind they finally understand.

Music is a universe of sounds, so leave your little planet for a minute and take a look at the galaxies. You can always go back if you don't like what you see (hear). But just because YOU don't like it you don't need to talk shit about it.

So thank you Mike for writing that. You guys created a whole new dimension to music, a sound (and I'm not talking about only specific sounds, I'm talking about the journey the album takes you on) no one has ever done before. Congratulations. No matter what people say, right now I'm proud to be an LP fan.

Edited by annare

Oh no, not a boycott! Then LP won't make any money to make more "crappy" albums!

But oh wait, they charted at #1 in 14 countries. Looks like a boycott would have been ineffective either way...

Well said.

Making the music for yourselves is the important thing, hoping everyone likes it so you can continue making music for everyone to enjoy.

I, for one, loved this record from the first listen. Not because I'm a fanboi™, but because I love music. I enjoy everything from LP to Herbie Hancock. Metallica to Bach. And I realized that this was LP's "Dark Side of the Moon". It literally blew my mind the first time, and still currently does every time that I hear it, to the point that I had tears listening to it at the firehouse the first time that I heard it. And still get chills from "The Catalyst" and "The Messenger", and now when I listen to "Wretches and Kings" I can see Chester just AMPED singing the chorus and Mike with this HUGE smile on his face, and relaxed. When I saw them for PR 07 and 08, they were tired, touring almost since the release of MtM non-stop. At the show 2 weeks ago, they were fresh, and even the older stuff (see: OSC, Numb) they seemed excited to play it (Brad smiling was a first for me).

To me, that's a product of putting out something that they are truly love and believe in. And that's what it's about. Loving what you do, because if you don't, you're gonna be miserable, get the fuck out and do what makes you happy. What else are we here on this Earth for?

That was a truly great post, and sums up all my feelings as well. I'd have to admit that I cried as well listening to "Blackout" for the first time, because I could not believe they could make music better than they have done in the past. Their music can only get better from here, now that they've broadened their horizons!

Also, you need to learn to spell check. It is hard to take anything you write seriously when you sound like a 2 year old.

Damn straight.

chill bro he's from switzerland and he probably speaks german and is using a translator...

it would be cool to delete the full post he removed from his blog..

there's certainly a reason for why he removed this...#justsayin

honestly i agree...if i put up a mistake online i would want it down from EVERYWHERE asap. Mike would probably like that.

I don't know if its just me, but I feel like a lot of you are just missing the point. Not saying that you wouldn't be right, but I think, Mikes post wasn't about how much the "haters" suck. Some of you seem to believe, that the only thing, Mike said, was, that he's tired of the "haters" too, but I don't see that. In my eyes, he was trying to explain, that theres no need to bash on people only because they don't like ATS. And theres especially no reason to bash on the people on ITunes - Mike made clear, that he's not just a person who only wants heavy guitar, but that he is also listening to electronic music and stuff. People don't only hate on ATS because its not HT, but because they simply don't like it. Theres also the other way around - people say, I would only like ATS because its by LP, but they also have to think about the possibility, that I like it, simply because I can identify with the sound and because I like what they created. Not because of the people who created it, at least not only because of them. I get that you're tired of the people who are like "I wantz HT back!!!", and a lot of them really seem narrow-minded, but I think thats not the kind of people Mike was talking about. I just feel like some of you missed the point. I don't want to offend anyone, but.. I think some people should just be a bit more respectful towards different opinions. Some of you were already planning again on bashing the shit out of the Itunes guy, talking about how much Mikes blog entry would have been a slap into the face of the "haters" - but I think that has nothing to do with what Mike was planning to say. I had the impression he was trying to defend the people who happen to not identify with ATS. Well, maybe I'm wrong and I'm the one missing the point but.. I don't think so.

I don't know if its just me, but I feel like a lot of you are just missing the point. Not saying that you wouldn't be right, but I think, Mikes post wasn't about how much the "haters" suck. Some of you seem to believe, that the only thing, Mike said, was, that he's tired of the "haters" too, but I don't see that. In my eyes, he was trying to explain, that theres no need to bash on people only because they don't like ATS. And theres especially no reason to bash on the people on ITunes - Mike made clear, that he's not just a person who only wants heavy guitar, but that he is also listening to electronic music and stuff. People don't only hate on ATS because its not HT, but because they simply don't like it. Theres also the other way around - people say, I would only like ATS because its by LP, but they also have to think about the possibility, that I like it, simply because I can identify with the sound and because I like what they created. Not because of the people who created it, at least not only because of them. I get that you're tired of the people who are like "I wantz HT back!!!", and a lot of them really seem narrow-minded, but I think thats not the kind of people Mike was talking about. I just feel like some of you missed the point. I don't want to offend anyone, but.. I think some people should just be a bit more respectful towards different opinions. Some of you were already planning again on bashing the shit out of the Itunes guy, talking about how much Mikes blog entry would have been a slap into the face of the "haters" - but I think that has nothing to do with what Mike was planning to say. I had the impression he was trying to defend the people who happen to not identify with ATS. Well, maybe I'm wrong and I'm the one missing the point but.. I don't think so.

No, you're absolutely right for the most part. He did take some time to defend the new sound though.

No, you're absolutely right for the most part. He did take some time to defend the new sound though.

he absolutely did. he would be stupid if he wouldn't defend his own music, haha. i just think some of the people bashing on the so called "haters" should read mikes post again, or better, wait for the "upgraded" version, and then think about it again.

he absolutely did. he would be stupid if he wouldn't defend his own music, haha. i just think some of the people bashing on the so called "haters" should read mikes post again, or better, wait for the "upgraded" version, and then think about it again.

But, in their defense, many of the “one-star reviewers” are not brainless cynics who talk shit because they’re bored. They’re real fans who were expecting to walk into a movie theatre to see “A Clockwork Orange,” and they got “2001: A Space Odyssey.” I don’t like the idea that all these folks are all lumped together as “haters.”

People need to read haha.

I have no problems with the lack of guitars, or lack of screaming, or conventional rapping. I could care less about "old-fashioned" LP. I listened to The Catalyst, and Wretches and Kings, and Waiting for the End on Youtube, but after that I listened to the album in sequence, 1st to 15th. I like the concept idea, and I would really like to see their future albums follow the same vein, in that sense. So all in all, I like the experimentation idea.

I just didn't like how the music sounds. It's that simple, and that's why I like ATS less than the other albums.

Brilliant blog from Mike!

I've been a fan since HT and when I first listened to ATS, I gotta be honest and say I didn't like it.

Was I gonna dismiss ATS and subsequently LP after just one listen??? Of course not, that would be just plain stupid!

So I listened to ATS again & again & again....and after several (understating it), listens, I learned to appreciate and love ATS for what it is and for what it is NOT!

Like all other albums I have, not just LP albums, there are some songs I like and some I don't.

I thank LP for making ATS and having the balls to do what they wanted to and what makes them happy!

I look forward to many more LP albums in the future no matter what "genre" they may be!

I have no problems with the lack of guitars, or lack of screaming, or conventional rapping. I could care less about "old-fashioned" LP. I listened to The Catalyst, and Wretches and Kings, and Waiting for the End on Youtube, but after that I listened to the album in sequence, 1st to 15th. I like the concept idea, and I would really like to see their future albums follow the same vein, in that sense. So all in all, I like the experimentation idea.

I just didn't like how the music sounds. It's that simple, and that's why I like ATS less than the other albums.

you are an exception, because 90% of the fans who don't like, say there is no guitar or chester screaming.

I for one am kinda getting tired of defending this album. I realized that I'm gonna run into people who just plain hate the album. My gut reaction is to defend it, but sometimes your not entirely sure if its worth it. Some people are just gonna hate something to hate it. Its very difficult to weed out the people who don't like it for what I would deem as logical reasons.

I'm not saying at all thats wrong for a person to just not like it, but after hearing the same thing over and over about no heavy riffs or not enough screaming, I long for a logical intelligent response as to why the album is disliked by said person.

What I think really bugs me is there is no "agree to disagree" going on. I mean people that like ATS are vilified and called fanboys, and vice versa for the people who hate it (except the fanboys part obviously lol). I would love for there to be a perfect harmony where people who like HT and Meteora can enjoy those stupendous albums and be happy instead of calling those who like MTM and ATS out.

I do like though that LP are pushing buttons, and no legendary band ever got to where they did by pleasing everyone.

Honestly people wouldn't be so mad about LP making a bad cd if they didn't take 3-4 years between each one. I don't think ATS is bad( besides TC) but I will undoubtedly be bored with this cd very quickly because there's only 7 tracks I like on the cd out of the 9 total. I really think a cd with more songs would appease both types of LP fans. We were promised FM energy from Mike on this cd and there still isn't that much rapping. Chester screams once. There is barely any guitar thats audible on the entire cd. Just elements that initially attracted people to LP from the beginning are now missing. I'm all for change but completely abandoning your genre of rock/rap is an entirely different thing.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

you are an exception, because 90% of the fans who don't like, say there is no guitar or chester screaming.

Wrong, I too was originally not huge on the actual music, and I listen to far more then from Disturbed to Daft Punk. The music isn't necessarily astounding by any means (in some people's opinion)

Every negative LP fan has a right to their own opinion on each album.

Every negative LP fan also has the right to get their ass kicked.

Pussies.

um. right.

Edited by cstebila

epic read. i loved it. Mike is awesome. I hope their next album also sounds like ATS, cause ATS is awesome!

I 50% disagree...

I think the next album is going to sound different from its predecessor...

(Or maybe it will be like ATS' brother, like how Meteora was Hybrid Theory's)

I hope the next album would have Mike singing/rapping/both most of the songs in the album...

Chester already sang most of Minutes To Midnight, give Mike a chance...

:lol:

T

Mike Shinoda = God

Agree with Mike, Linkin Park is Linkin Park, Genre Linkin Park.

Another sign that Mike is human... Looks angry.

I hope you didn't mean it when you said mike is god!!

Comments like that disgust me! I don't understand why fans of musicians glorify and idiolize them as if they were god! That comment is a little scary because it sounds as if you are obsessed. I'm not trying to be a dick but just expressing my feelings!

Edited by lperocker