• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

after listenng to the leak this is my review

1/2.The Requiem/Radiance -- One of the best intros i have ever heard 7/10

3.Burning in the skies-- Nice vocals and a funky beat 10/10

5.When they come for me -- Not a bad song but not too good either. 6/10

6.Robot boy-- Expecting something eletronic,but it is actually a soothing song without electronic vocals. 7/10

8.Waiting for the end-- Great track 10/10

9.Blackout-- Great rock track 9/10

10. Wretches and kings ---- One of the best rap/rock songs they done 10/10

12.Iridesecnt--- so-so 6/10

13.Fallout ---- Great interlude to the catalyst 7/10

14.The catalyst 10/10

15.The messenger Great simple song 10/10

Average for the whole album 8.5/10

Top 10

10.When they come for me

9.Robot boy

8.Fallout

7.The Requiem/Radiance

6.Blackout

5.Wretches and Kings

4.Waiting for the end

3.Burning in the skies

2.The Messenger

1.The Catalyst

Edited by LMK

i think we could all do with a healthy dose of not reading other peoples' opinions :P

haha. i'm gonna go listen to the album. all reading this thread has done is made me want to argue with people, which is pointless for both me and any given person i'd start an argument with.

I like your signature

I also like this album. If you don't then POO ON YOU

"The Cigarette after the lay" Lovely analogy, lauscho, on your thoughts about The Messenger. But I really enjoyed the record. It's different in a lot of ways, such as there not being any guitar-heavy tracks, it takes a lot of balls for a band to not add a staple part of their music to a new record. Kinda like a businessman going into a meeting without his suitcase.

The record will take a few listens for me to get completely into, but, at the moment I'm into Burning in the Skies and Waiting for the End. If you ask me, I would agree that a couple of the tracks could have been better off melded together, such as the first two tracks and Empty Spaces could have been worked into the end of Burning in the Skies, like that short Interlude that's at the end of Shadow of the Day that segues into What I've Done.

With that said and done, I would have to rate A Thousand Suns 8.5/10 for being original, of course they didn't do what made them the best selling debut band of the 2000s', but decided to try a different route that may not seem like a smart decision by many. For instance, listen to Pink Floyd's first album, 'Piper at the Gates of Dawn' and then listen to their legendary album, 'The Dark Side of the Moon' they sound like completely different bands.

When They Come For Me is my favorite song on the album. It makes me want to start a revolution in a desert country. The only part I don't like about this song is the "Muthafucka" from Mike. I'm all getting into it and then Mike goes "MUTHAFUCKA!" and all the emotion just pauses. Instead of a revolution, it turns into a gangster rap song which is something we don't need on this album. But the chorus always brings me nack into the song.

I also loved the slow songs. It feels very fluid, almost like I'm floating while I'm listening. I think this is Linkin Park's best work EVER. Reanimation is the only thing that competes with it in my opinion.

The Requim- 7/10. That voice is annoying, besides that its good.

The Raience- 9/10. Good track

Burning in the skies- 9/10. At first i didn't like it, but it grew on me

Empty Spaces- 9/10. Epic Build Up to When They Come For Me

When They Come For Me-10/10. Really amazing song!

Robot Boy-6/10. This joins with Tltgya on the list of LP songs I don't like

Jornada del Muerto- 9/10. Weird, but good

Waiting For the End- 1 million/10. OMG! Amazing song! This is MIke at his best! Chester's part is really good too! 2nd best track on the album

Blackout- 7/10. It has its good and bad moments

Wretches and Kings- infinity/10! Best LP song ever! Chester at his best right here and Mike's parts are epic too

Wisdom, Justice, and Love- 9/10. Good interlude

Iridescent- 10/10. Good song with strong vocals.

Fallout- 9/10. Nice little Interlude

The Catalyst- 10/10. Great song

The Messenger- 10/10. Great ending to the album. Maybe best ending song by them, not sure though.

Overall rating: 9.8/10

Tracks from worst to best

Robot Boy

The Requim

Blackout

Wisdom, Justice, and Love

Fallout

The Radience

Jornada Del Muerto

Emoty Spaces

Burning in the Skies

The Messenger

The Catalyst

When They Come For Me

Iridescent

Waiting For the End

Wretches and Kings

Edited by LinkinParkFan4Ever

I listened to a bunch of the tracks, and its terrible. Anyone calling it "epic" is a fool. Give me a break, they jumped the shark with this crap. At least now I know I don't have to waste my money on it. Its a god damn dance record.

I guarantee you've never listened to an ACTUAL dance record in your life, since you clearly don't have a fucking clue what one is. I really should give you a warning for this post as well, since you're essentially flaming a good majority of the people on this forum by calling them fools for liking the album.

I will be leaving my review shortly.

I read that as "I will be leaving shortly" at first glance. Normally that would get my hopes up...but then I read your review, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that you like the album for the most part. I even agree with you about the ending of Wisdom, Justice, and Love - repeating the last line 6 times gets pretty redundant.

Nooo damn clue how they're gonna play this live.

Same here. I'm surprised how confident Mike seems to be that it won't be an issue. Between all the unconventional instrumentation and the extremely layered vocal parts, it's going to be interesting, to say the least.

I've given the album one listen all the way through...I definitely love it, but it's a LOT to digest (I have a lot on my mind right now too, today happened to be my first day at my new job). I'll probably post my review tomorrow.

Wow so so so so disappointed. And im not a I want Hybrid Theory every album-LP fan. I love all kinds of music, but this album is so god damn sloppy. The interludes were pretty annoying. I did not connect at ALL with what they were trying to say lyrically or accomplish on this album. I genuinely liked Burning in the Skies, Wretches and Kings, and the catalyst and thought they were GREAT tracks. Waiting for the end had a GREAT chorus and the end was awesome, but i hate the lazy melody and Mike's rapping. It had potential...

Blackout sounded terrible, was that Chester or Gwen Stefani?

Ugh I can go on and on but im SO disappointed. I give the album 4/10.

Hybrid Theory 10/10

Meteora 9.5/10

Minutes 8/10

Edited by thesungoesdown