It Leaked (ATS/LT/The Hunting Party)

Chesterchaz

I listened to MTM and loved it silly, I still have the txt file I typed up when I heard it. Loved the CD except Bleed It Out/No More Sorrow (LOL). Felt misleaded on the style, sure, but I thought it was an excellent CD.

You told me on MSN that you hated it. THEN you wrote up the txt file.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My thing is this: Since i already payed for the CD(and even if i didn't already, i would want too) why would i want to prematurely listen to the music? If i did that, it would make getting the CD pointless because the excitement and enjoyment will never be the same. I will wait till i get the physical CD in my hands, pop it into my stereo and blast it from beginning to end and get the full experience. And for me, that won't be till the 20th of September even though i will be getting the CD way before then. I made the mistake of listening to the leaked version of Alice in Chains new album and I've yet to buy the CD.

On another note, I'm quite surprised it took this long to leaf. A full week is amazing.

Ok, after two full listens, I've come to this conclusion

Favorite album : Meteora, ATS = #2

Favorite Song : Iridescent

Least Favorite : When They Come for Me

Wake > Requiem for Intro

Fallout : sorta pointless and not up to par in quality

BITS : epic

Blackout : Was worried about this after preview, not bad

Messenger : Powerful. That is all.

Overall experience : It was seriously amazing, everything comes together very well, even parts I didn't like had their place

Final thought : This is exactly what I wanted, new. Yes MTM was "new" but it just seemed to lack the Linkin Park quality of music. ATS has the same quality of HT and M.

Final grade : 9/10 on LP scale (M = 10, HT = 8, MTM = 6-7)

12/10 on general music scale

This has potential to be on my list of "love every track on album" list, still deciding

I just want to sit in my bath tub and listen to Robot Boy right now! Just go under the water and feel the music! I swear I started hallucinating when I first heard it. I was looking at the light on my ceiling and I started seeing colors and shit!

Naah... That was just the shrooms

Ok I think after 2-3 times i've listened to it I can be fair enough with it to say that for me, it fails to capture what Mike Shinoda had on his mind. He wanted something edgy, something that could not fall into a category due to its originality. The thing is, even though it's obvious with this record that they try to push the boundaries and surpass themselves, it seems that experimenting is not something that suits them very well. Most of the songs still sound pretty generic and radio-friendly,which isn't necessarily bad but there's nothing good about them also.Mellow songs, poppy sounding, that mostly remind me of U2 with hip hop beats (especially burning in the skies and Iridescent). And the ones that try to be weird and "cutting edge" , gave me the feeling that were created just by throwing random stuff on Pro Tools, just because they "had to" sound new and fresh. The Nintendo-like synths on Blackout is a major example. Truth is I didnt find anything new and fresh about it and it just gave me the feeling that they tried to make it sound deep and meaningful both musically and lyrically, but only in the latter they succeeded.

I dont want to be harsh on this band that has given us some real music masterpieces in the past. But they should have been less self confident and consider that creating something new and fresh all over from the beggining in the year 2010 is almost impossible. Instead, taking what they had built with the past 3 albums and move it forward is what they should have done.

Edited by VavourasLP

I just want to sit in my bath tub and listen to Robot Boy right now! Just go under the water and feel the music! I swear I started hallucinating when I first heard it. I was looking at the light on my ceiling and I started seeing colors and shit!

Lay off the shrooms when listening to music.

Ok I think after 2-3 times i've listened to it I can be fair enough with it to say that for me, it fails to capture what Mike Shinoda had on his mind. He wanted something edgy, something that could not fall into a category due to its originality. The thing is, even though it's obvious with this record that they try to push the boundaries and surpass themselves, it seems that experimenting is not something that suits them very well. Most of the songs still sound pretty generic and radio-friendly,which isn't necessarily bad but there's nothing good about them also.Mellow songs, poppy sounding, that mostly remind me of U2 with hip hop beats (especially burning in the skies and Iridescent). And the ones that try to be weird and "cutting edge" , gave me the feeling that were created just by throwing random stuff on Pro Tools, just because they "had to" sound new and fresh. The Nintendo-like synths on Blackout is a major example. Truth is I didnt find anything new and fresh about it and it just gave me the feeling that they tried to make it sound deep and meaningful both musically and lyrically, but only in the latter they succeeded.

I dont want to be harsh on this band that has given us some real music masterpieces in the past. But they should have been less self confident and consider that creating something new and fresh all over from the beggining in the year 2010 is almost impossible. Instead, taking what they had built with the past 3 albums and move it forward is what they should have done.

Well, this is what I'm talking about :D

Way to go, Vav

downloading right now:D::D :D :D :D

its kinda hard to describe this album, well its all eletronic music, if you like that style you must be in love with the record, if you dont, then you can accept it... what i have to say is that im really shocked about it because im hearing a new linkin park album that im actually trying to pretend myself like "its great and i love it" but the reality is the opposite!!!! i love linkin park and im gonna be tolerant with this, but seriusly, im getting annoying a little bit, i never thought i'd feel this way about my favourite band, its depressing but still love them, they gave me so much important things in the past so this is not strong enough to break my love to them!!! sorry my english is too bad!!!!

I'm not going to give a track by track review but I will say overall it's a 9/10 for me. With HT being 10/10, Meteora, 9/10, MTM 7/10 (8 if you count the b-sides lol).

I LOVE this album. The initial disappointment I felt when I heard MTM was not present today. I found myself smiling, getting chills and even shedding a tear at one point (during Waiting for the End). My high points have to be Waiting for the End, Blackout, When They Come for Me, and Fallout-->The Catalyst.

YOU FUCKING RULE LINKIN PARK. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

This

well the songs aren't generic. just because it is mellow and sounds poppy to you doesn't take away from this masterpiece. People fail to realize. Lp is not a generic plain out rock band with a dj that just makes beats on the side and scratches here and there. The problem you have and the other haters. You already have a pretty picture for what this album should've sounded like, and since they didn't paint the picture you had in mind, you describe it "mellow, and radio friendly".

Since everyone gives their rating, here's mine:

01. The Requiem | 10/10

Best album intro song ever, hands down. Escape by 30S2M was my previous favorite, but this one own all.

02. The Radiance | 3/10

They should have made Requiem and Radiance one track, it would be nice, but as a separated track, The Radiance is nothing special

03. Burning in the Skies | 9/10

Too pop-ish sound, but still i love it.

04. Empty Spaces | 1/10

Lame idea to put 18 second track on this record, to make the songs number bigger ...

05. When They Come for Me | 6.5/10

Not that good, often I skip it when I listen to the whole album, from the 1st to the 15th track.

06. Robot Boy | 8/10

Quite strange track, but I like it

07. Jornada del Muerto | 5/10

Another filler song, huh

08. Waiting for the End | 10/10

One of my favorite

09. Blackout | 9/10

First part is pwnzor, the second part is so-so, they should have extended the first part and left the second part as another song or interlude

10. Wretches and Kings | 8.5/10

I like this track, but speeches are very annoying

11. Wisdom, Justice, and Love | 2/10

Meeeeh, I don't like the whole speech-concept at all

12. Iridescent | 10/10

Very nice song

13. Fallout | 9/10

The only nice interlude, this and requiem should been the only intro/interlude songs

14. The Catalyst | 9/10

Fistable i hate it, but this song grew on me lately

15. The Messenger | 8/10

Not that huge fan of these kind of songs, but it is good and chilling track

Overall Rating: 7.2/10

Actual Rating: 9/10

The album is great, but could have been better. The rating is that low because of the interludes, and the speeches. But otherwise I could give it 9/10

Edited by feelthless

well the songs aren't generic. just because it is mellow and sounds poppy to you doesn't take away from this masterpiece. People fail to realize. Lp is not a generic plain out rock band with a dj that just makes beats on the side and scratches here and there. The problem you have and the other haters. You already have a pretty picture for what this album should've sounded like, and since they didn't paint the picture you had in mind, you describe it "mellow, and radio friendly".

You just had to call me a hater didnt you? Thumbs up for all the tags you the "lovers" put.

Anyway no I didnt have any picture painted. I knew they were experimenting, and with that you dont know what is gonna come out, so I didnt have any picture painted. They failed to prove to me though, with the exception of 1 or 2 songs, that they're good at experimenting.

Ok, mr. "hardcore LP fan".. Vavouras said that it's not a bad thing for a song to be radio-friendly.. And who the fuck said that LP is just a band with beats and a DJ? LP is an awesome band. No one here denies that.. Otherwise they wouldn't be here on an "LP Fan-site". Everyone that doesn't like something is a hater. Why's that? I stated before(and I'm sure Vav agrees) that no one has a problem with LP changing their sound. Even if they started writing classical music I would love it as long as it was good. But, let's face it, this album is not good. And I don't like the fact that I say that. But it's the truth. Now you'll say I'm not open-minded, I don't appreciate the band's work and all that stuff. But guess what? I wanted as much as anyone else this album to kick-ass. It does not though. Live with it. Open you ears and listen. Listen carefully. It is not good. Unfortunately.....

Edited by jakolp

One of my feelings after listening to this is that it's really hard to recognise it as linkin park.

By that I mean, with previous albums & songs, I got the feeling that if I never heard a song before and say turned on the radio and heard the first few notes/cords of BIO, LFY or even ATL, I'd say to myself, "hey, that sounds like linkin park".

If I was not to have heard ATS and say BITS or iridescent was to come on the radio, I don't think I'd recognise it as linkin park!

Maybe, this is what LP were trying to achieve with ATS.

It's a hard thing to explain what I'm trying to say but maybe some of you will understand!

the only thing i can add to my previous proclaim of love for this album is that i don't see the issue many of the early reviewers took with the end of black out? sure the vocal melody changes drastically, but the foundation of the song remains mostly the same and is far less a drastic departure than that within the catalyst.

iridescent and waiting for the end are my two favourite tracks. the only one i'm not totally enjoying at the moment is robot boy... but that may change.

Ok, mr. "hardcore LP fan".. Vavouras said that it's not a bad thing for a song to be radio-friendly.. And who the fuck said that LP is just a band with beats and a DJ? LP is an awesome band. No one here denies that.. Otherwise they wouldn't be here on an "LP Fan-site". Everyone that doesn't like something is a hater. Why's that? I stated before(and I'm sure Vav agrees) that no one has a problem with LP changing their sound. Even if they started writing classical music I would love it as long as it was good. But, let's face it, this album is not good. And I don't like the fact that I say that. But it's the truth. Now you'll say I'm not open-minded, I don't appreciate the band's work and all that stuff. But guess what? I wanted as much as anyone else this album to kick-ass. It does not though. Live with it. Open you ears and listen. Listen carefully. It is not good. Unfortunately.....

its the truth because you say it? I think the album kicks ass. its the truth to me. And with Lp fans, it tends to be so that people are a hater. Because nothing that the band does is good enough for people like you. If the music is so terrible and not likeable as you describe it. Please tell us. What should they have done to improve it