It Leaked (ATS/LT/The Hunting Party)

Chesterchaz

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure that Rob, Brad, and Phoenix are very present on this album, just not in the way they have been in the past. We already know that Brad yells into a megaphone. That appeared on When They Come For Me. There are plenty of "group vocal" moments that probably consist of the whole band singing/chanting. I wouldn't be surprised if Rob played most of the electronic drums with an electronic kit.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of things we think are synths are just highly processed guitar, bass, and drums.

And I hear a lot of guitars buried in the mix too. It's not prominent and upfront by any measure, but it's there.

Im very dissapointed, the worst album of LP:

#1 A Thousand Suns

#2 Minutes To Midnight

There is almost no involvement of Rob, Brad and Phoenix in this album, Now I understand why Linkin Park wanted to get out of the Warner Records in 2006

I'm confused by your last statement. I'm pretty sure the things you've mentioned had anything to do with LPs issues with WBR. I think the three you've mentioned above are big boys and would have said something if Mike didn't pick them for kick ball at recess.

Im very dissapointed, the worst album of LP:

#1 A Thousand Suns

#2 Minutes To Midnight

There is almost no involvement of Rob, Brad and Phoenix in this album, Now I understand why Linkin Park wanted to get out of the Warner Records in 2006

The sound of this album has 100% NOTHING to do whatsoever with the band still being on Warner. Wanna hear an album that was the direct result of the band making the record Warner told them to make? Go listen to Meteora.

Haven't listened to the album yet myself, gotta wait until I get home from work tonight (go figure, the album leaks the day I start my new job, haha).

After a handful of listens, here's my favorites:

1. Waiting for the End

2. Jornada Del Muerto

3. Blackout

4. When They Come For Me

5. Wretches and Kings

6. Wisdom, Justice, and Love

7. Iridescent

8. The Requiem

9. The Catalyst

10. Robot Boy

11. Burning in the Skies

12. Fallout

13. The Messenger

14. The Radiance (should have been tacked on to the end of The Requiem)

15. Empty Spaces (should have been tacked on to the beginning of Burning in the Skies)

No, the second half is not the reason. Also I didn't say that I hate soft songs from LP. I love LOATR SODT and speaking of ATS : Iridescent or WFTE. I just miss chester's screaming voice on the new record.

Well then all I can say is wait for LPUX. I'm sure there will be plenty of screaming there. I miss Chester's screams too, but I've realized that he's changed. Although personally, I wouldn't be surprised at all if their next album was heavy as shit in almost every way. Rocking guitars, roaring screams and pounding drums; the works, yet holding onto the unique sounds and structures from ATS. But nothing like HT/Meteora... it that makes sense at all. But not exactly metal either. They've got the music they want to play now out of their system, time to move onto something new again.

Then again, if it takes them 3 more years to make another record, then I may have to scratch that idea.

I never post in LPA but just had to. I thought the album was absolutely amazing. From beginning to end it's a journey and they really pulled it off. If you don't like it, too bad that you feel that way. Many people including myself love it and I love the evolution LP has gone through.

Listened to the songs and I have to say I only like "waiting for the end", "wretches and kings", "The catalyst" and "messenger". These 4 songs are worth listening to, because they have a kind of energy in it or in case of waiting for the end a chilling sound. BUT the rest... I'm shocked at this moment...where's the energy??? I mean, for me burning in the skies sounds * as hell, what is that?? For songs like this I feel ashamed being a lp fan. I don't understand how they could produce something like this, when mike said there is also a lot of heavy stuff on the album. Does he mean the catalyst, blackout, wretches and kings with heavy stuff?? It's heavier then the rest, but still not heavy, sorry. He also said something about guitarsolos and lots of guitar in the songs, but I can barely figure it out.

And for those of you who want to call me lp hater or "you only dont want to change" bla bla bla, I´m really open minded for different music , but guys you can't like lp for everything they do. If you do so, you're not honest to yourself. I really like the 4 songs I named, but for the rest I haven't got great hopes that my opinion will change.

For those of you who like all of the new material, feel glad and enjoy listening! LP is still a great band and maybe I have to keep on listening to the old stuff.

.....Only my thoughts!......

Well then all I can say is wait for LPUX. I'm sure there will be plenty of screaming there. I miss Chester's screams too, but I've realized that he's changed. Although personally, I wouldn't be surprised at all if their next album was heavy as shit in almost every way. Rocking guitars, roaring screams and pounding drums; the works, yet holding onto the unique sounds and structures from ATS. But nothing like HT/Meteora... it that makes sense at all. But not exactly metal either. They've got the music they want to play now out of their system, time to move onto something new again.

Then again, if it takes them 3 more years to make another record, then I may have to scratch that idea.

I was thinking the same way. I mean, if they're up for something new on their next record, that seems like the only thing they havent done yet...some really really heavy music.

The sound of this album has 100% NOTHING to do whatsoever with the band still being on Warner. Wanna hear an album that was the direct result of the band making the record Warner told them to make? Go listen to Meteora.

Haven't listened to the album yet myself, gotta wait until I get home from work tonight (go figure, the album leaks the day I start my new job, haha).

I agree. If anything all of the added security WB put on protecting this album is a result of LP not giving a shit what they think and them being afraid of commercial success so they attempt to hold off the leak as long as possible. As for Meteora, I can't argue with the commercial success of that album and WB getting everything they could possibly need (#1 Album, 5# Singles, etc) but I love that album and until I hear ATS (Which I'm not listening to until next week) its still my favorite and in my opinion their best album.

Here is What i think:

I think after this, many people can eat his words

I loved the album. The only song that I didn't absolutely love was The Messenger. The album definitely isn't as genre-busting as Mike claimed, but it is all over the place. The sounds range from atmospheric, to rock, to rap, to electronica, to pop.

I love that the poppy sounds on this album are more reminiscent of The Beatles than Justin Bieber. That is the type of pop music that I like. The hip-hop moments are rapped in a more traditional hip-hop style instead of Mike's nu-metal style. This change was already evident on Minutes to Midnight and it was nice to see it continued on this album. I also loved the emphasis of electronics and synthesizes since that's currently what I'm experimenting with musically.

My favorite tracks were Jornada Del Muerto, When They Come For Me, Blackout, Wretches and Kings, and Waiting for the End. They all get a 10/10 for me.

I loved the synth line that came in during JDM. That was my favorite part of it.

When They Come For Me just has this really nice hip-hop feel to it that I'm really digging. Plus I love the references to other rappers (including some of my favorites like Chuck D from Public Enemy and Jay-Z).

Blackout reminds me of Nine Inch Nails without sounding like a NIN rip-off. I love when Mike's singing comes in at the end. I was a little disappointed that Chester's lyrics had changed from the LPTV episode, but that's all good.

Wretches and Kings was like an evolution of the Hybrid Theory/Meteora sound that was taken in a whole new direction (kind of like Bleed it Out was on Minutes to Midnight). I also liked Mike's delivery on the track and the lyrics reminded me of Public Enemy.

And, my favorite, Waiting for the End. This song was really cool. I loved the Beatles-esque Chester parts and once again, Mike's delivery on his rap was amazing. This is one of my favorite Linkin Park tracks right now.

Some other random thoughts that I had while listening to the album:

- Iridescent sounds like the kind of music you hear in a church that has a "rock" band. It has a very epic feel to it.

- Wisdom, Justice, and Love is really, really cool.

- Robot Boy sounds nothing like I expected. It sounded a lot better.

- Those 30-second samples ain't got nothin' on this album!

It makes me happy that more of us here think it's a masterpiece than a master piece of crap.

You know what the worst part is? If a band other than Linkin Park released this album, it might actually get more positive reviews, because it's definitely a GREAT album, but a lot of people still stick too closely to their idea of what LP is or should be.

Making an album which is perfect is making an album which is loved by every single person on this planet. Which is Impossible because every person has a different opinion on everything.

Linkin Park could have easily made an album which old fans like and what most people like to hear.And the music industry would have continued the same way it was. But they decided to change the music that everyone is in habit of listening of. Which i think is only the first step. It takes a lot to try something completely new and what even you dont know is gonna be like.

I am very proud of the album.

It is truly a masterpiece. If the "Classic Album" series is still running its gonna be there.