It Leaked (ATS/LT/The Hunting Party)

Chesterchaz

I just finished listening to it. And I thought it was amazing. It blew me away!

-Requiem/ Radiance- Good album openers but I don't see why they had to be 2 different tracks. 8/10

-Burning in The Skies- One of my favorites. I love the guitar in this track, especially the octave solo. Great vocal delivery by Mike in the Verse. Very catchy chorus, I like the combination of regular percussion and electronic. The end feels very powerful, reminds me of New Divide just a tad. 10/10

-When They Come For Me- One of the best beats Mike has ever produced. Once again I love the jungle sounding drums fused with the electronic. Mike's verses are really interesting, they are very anti HT/Meteora. Like saying "I AM NOT (Anti Faint) going to tell you to FORFEIT THE GAME(Anti POA)". It becomes very cinematic later in the song when Chester joins in. 8/10

- Robot Boy- I thought this sounded like "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey, when it first started. But then it took a very different turn. It becomes very relaxing and pleasant. It almost makes you feel like you are under water. The dual vocal layering reminds me of Pink Floyd, in a very good way. The lyrics stood out to me and are very inspiring. The synth solo later in the song is absolutely amazing! When Chester's screaming melodies come in, it just give me chills. One of my favorites as well. I also do not know whether that last part at the end is guitar, it sounds like it, but yet not. Probably the softest song on the album. 9.5/10

-Waiting For The End- This is probably my least favorite song on the album. Very poppy. It will probably be a very successful single. I don't really like Mike's verses too much. I like how the drums fade from electronic to regular though. 7/10

-Blackout- Here We go, this song is definitely going to be split among the fans. At first I thought the Dire Dire Docks sounding synth would not fit in, but when I heard the song, my mind totally changed. The first verse is very reminiscent of Julien K a bit, very ravy. It's like I should hate this song, but I love it! The vocal pitch shift made me giggle when Chester's voice was high. The song totally changes direction when Mike comes in, very epic. Very different, reminded me of Burning in The Skies. Mike's voice has evolved and his much thicker then before. 8.5/10

-Wretches and Kings- We all know it, we love it. (9/10)

- Iridescent- My favorite song. I really hope this is a single. Mike's verse in the beginning are amazing, very chilling. I like the reverbed guitar in before the second verse. The whole band singing together at the end is amazing, and Rob's drumming is the best he's ever done! The end is very uplifting, this is probably one of the best songs they have ever written! 100000000000/10

-The Catalyst- Great choice as a first single, I don't think any other song could have been as good as this one to lead the album. (9.5/10)

-The Messenger - OH MY GAWD BRAD IS STILL IN EEELPEEE???? AND HE IS PLAYING REAL GUITAR CHORDZZZZ OHMAHGAWD!!!! but really, nice album closer! very subtle. Its a nice break after all of the chaos and energy, it's kind of like what the song represents. Not as good as I thought it would be though. 8.5/10

I really think this is the best album LP has ever made. 'nuff said.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where the hell did Brad go on this CD? MTM was missing Joe; they got him back for this one and lost Brad.

The Requiem / The Radiance

9/10

Burning In The Skies

6/10

When They Come For Me

4/10

Robot Boy

1/10

Jornada Del Muerto

5/10

Waiting For The End

10/10

Blackout

6/10

Wretches And Kings

6/10

Iridescent

6.5/10

Fallout

8/10

The Catalyst

5/10

The Messenger

1/10

Overall summary:

What the fuck was that? Weirdest CD I have ever heard. Waiting For The End is amazing. Blackout is alright.. after the Chester it gets pretty good.

ON-TOPIC: I'm going to wait till I get my album, I think it won't be as big as I'll think it'll be if I listen to it now

OFF-TOPIC: You know how LP is playing at NYC Best Buy Theatre for the ATS Album release? Well i don't know if anyone knows about this but I think it'll be doubled as a performance for the Halo Reach launch as well

Found it here http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=263577

Awesome album! This record just gave me chills and I enjoyed every second of it. Every song is a masterpiece of music in my opinion. Thank you Linkin Park.

My fav songs of ATS : Robot Boy & Waiting For The End

Little Off-Topic, but I hope they'll start their live shows with Fallout & The Catalyst...would be epic

What the fuck was that? Weirdest CD I have ever heard. Waiting For The End is amazing. Blackout is alright.. after the Chester it gets pretty good.

"Weird" is certainly the best word to describe it. Still deciding if I like it or not - there are some moments that really shine and others I'm not so sure about.

But I'm still gushing over Iridescent.

OH MY GAWD BRAD IS STILL IN EEELPEEE???? AND HE IS PLAYING REAL GUITAR CHORDZZZZ OHMAHGAWD!!!!

Not to support the claims of "THEREZ NU BRAD IN THIS ALBOM LOL", but I believe that is Chester playing guitar during that song. (The Messenger)

Edited by rav0k

Where the hell did Brad go on this CD? MTM was missing Joe; they got him back for this one and lost Brad.

The Requiem / The Radiance

9/10

Burning In The Skies

6/10

When They Come For Me

4/10

Robot Boy

1/10

Jornada Del Muerto

5/10

Waiting For The End

10/10

Blackout

6/10

Wretches And Kings

6/10

Iridescent

6.5/10

Fallout

8/10

The Catalyst

5/10

The Messenger

1/10

Overall summary:

Heh. You said the same thing when Minutes to Midnight leaked, and then after the second listen, you said, "Never mind. This might be my favorite." Do you remember it?

Very weird.

But good weird.

It's hard to pick out favorites..

Personally, I think The Requiem was really cool. Very odd.. to the point it was giving me goosebumps.

The Radiance.. Oppenheimer's quotes sounded awesome. Fit very well. Love the heart beat.

Burning In The Skies was nice.. really chill. I'm a fan of Mike's voice, though I was hoping it was a little more raw sounding. Like it was in No Roads Left.

Sort of apathetic towards Empty Spaces...

When They Come For Me is probably the weirdest shit I've listened to.

And I fucking love it.

Robot Boy... meh.

Jornada del Merto was awesome. It sounds like Japanese to me, and I enjoyed that a lot.

Waiting For The End.. also.. very weird. But I still like it.

I was a bit disappointed with what they did with Blackout...

I still love the sinister sort of sounds in the beginning, and Chester's screams are fucking sick.

Wretches and Kings... one of my favorites.

Wisdom, Justice and Love.. I noticed people saying how they didn't like how they changed MLK's voice.. I thought it was really cool and near the end was sort of scary.. in a good way. :o

Iridescent - Loved the guitar near the end.. and the group singing was a good touch. It isn't a favorite of mine, but I do enjoy hearing Mike and Chester sing together.

Fallout sounded cool.. nuff said. I liked how the weird voice bled into Mike's and the way it went into TC sounded appropriate.

TC - Still have much love for this song. Not a good representation of this album whatsoever, though.

The Messenger was really beautiful.

It had me in tears.

/my2cents

I'm looking forward to the documentary. :D

Heh. You said the same thing when Minutes to Midnight leaked, and then after the second listen, you said, "Never mind. This might be my favorite." Do you remember it?

I listened to MTM and loved it silly, I still have the txt file I typed up when I heard it. Loved the CD except Bleed It Out/No More Sorrow (LOL). Felt misleaded on the style, sure, but I thought it was an excellent CD.

I listened to MTM and loved it silly, I still have the txt file I typed up when I heard it. Loved the CD except Bleed It Out/No More Sorrow (LOL). Felt misleaded on the style, sure, but I thought it was an excellent CD.

Dude...I think you sent me that text file as well. The one where you reviewed every single song?

Finally got time to listen to it entirely, and well I have to say is: an entirely new direction musically. Not what I was expecting at all. Basically what I heard that was released before the leak impressed me, the rest was "alright" but not entirely there best work since I believe they are still experimenting for the right sound. It is gonna take a good few listens for ATS to grow into me, but the songs themselves are very meaningful, and a little "subliminal" towards the end of the world and not learning from our past and making the same mistakes once more.

Great album but MTM and HT will always be my favorites. I think I still need to spin it some more to see how much I really like it. I just wish it had the rawness that MTM brought. I'm also happy with the way that they are progressing lyrically (one of the main reasons I like MTM so much) I wonder what their next album will sound like lol.

Edited by Zer0

I think this leak should make Warner realize that no matter how much security or protection they or any other label has, they can't prevent new music from their most profitable groups from leaking. Its just not possible anymore. With the way technology is advancing year after year, its possible in the near future songs may be leaked not long after they've just been recorded.

I think this leak should make Warner realize that no matter how much security or protection they or any other label has, they can't prevent new music from their most profitable groups from leaking. Its just not possible anymore. With the way technology is advancing year after year, its possible in the near future songs may be leaked not long after they've just been recorded.

However, on that same note, they probably lured in a shitload of pre-orders compared to what would have happened if the album leaked a month ago.

However, on that same note, they probably lured in a shitload of pre-orders compared to what would have happened if the album leaked a month ago.

Thats probably the truth. Like i really Think that record companies leak albums. They do it for publicity purposes. People hear the album and they think shit I want this!

Why do you think album releases are almost always within two weeks of the release date.

just listened to the album and i honestly gotta say, what the fuck?

whoever has ever said mike should just rap should have eaten their words at track 12 (even though they really should've when MTM tour edition came out lol) - haha i bet you thought i hated the best album they ever made :P

that song actually made me cry

A Thousand Suns - My Opinion

1 - The Requiem (5/10)

Solid start but would have been better if Mike just used his normal voice without messing with it. Get the impression its meant to come off as a child singing

2 – The Radiance (3/10)

Weird and poor. Should have just been made as one track with The Requiem

3 – Burning in the Skies (8/10)

Single Alert!!! Solid enough song. Singalongable! Lyrically, very simplistic, like The Catalyst

4 – Empty Spaces (1/10)

This is pointless to me

5 – When They Come for me (7/10)

Beginning is just weird. Mike is really solid here though. Not sure about the group singing parts i.e. the ahhhhhss. Sort of turns it into a Bollywood tune! Wish Chester was more present on this one

6 – Robot Boy (5/10)

Sounds like boyband stuff or something Enya could release. Really disappointed by this one. Whole song sounds like it could have been used as backing vocals to another song

7 – Jornada Del Muerto (5/10)

Just don’t really like it and not sure why it supposed to mesh with the rest of the album

8 – Waiting for the End (9/10)

One of my favourites and clear to see why its been flagged as a single release. Chester is amazing in this and Mike’s rap adds, rather than takes away from the feel of the song

9 – Blackout (8/10)

Had high hopes for this one based on the LPTV episode. I’m a little bit let down but only a little. Love the start and Chester is amazing but don’t like the remix part in the middle of the song but I get how its meant to transition the song to the latter part.

10 – Wretches and Kings (9/10)

Really love this one and the speech really flows with the overall song. Love the heavy beat. Could be a single

11 – Wisdom, Justice and Love (6/10)

Good but distortion ruins it for me

12 – Iridescent (8/10)

Single Alert!!! Really nice and relaxing song. SOTD/LOATR for ATS

13 – Fallout (3/10)

Another pointless interlude. Really hate this

14 – The Catalyst (9/10)

Loved this since I first heard it. Its lyrically simple but it works

15 – The Messenger (8/10)

Beautiful but doesn’t sound like it goes with the rest of the album

Overall, I give ATS 7/10. I had really high hopes for this album but I feel let down. I’m by no means a bring back HT/Meteora fanatic but I do love those albums. MTM had more variety IMO than ATS.

The interludes are pointless and terrible to me. Wake and Session look down on these interludes and laugh!

I love both soft and heavy LP but the latter is very much absent on ATS. I hope that heavy LP songs don’t make way too much for the softer stuff in the live show.

I understand LP’s need & want to branch out from their previous sound but ATS has been a big disappointment for me. There is hope that some of these songs will sound better live which I am really intrigued to see.

I applaud and encourage LP for branching out into new territory but I hope the next album (if there is one), will be much better than this.

THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY AND I AM ENTITLED TO IT. I have also pre-ordered the deluxe version of ATS too which I will not be cancelling regardless of my feelings on ATS

this