It Leaked (ATS/LT/The Hunting Party)

Chesterchaz

Wow, I definitely wasn't expecting this leak. I was thinking maybe in another couple days. I'm not listening to the whole thing until it comes out though. I did the same with M2M and Out of Ashes. I just listened to Waiting For The End (which was amazing) but that will be the last song I listen to. I can live off of The Catalyst, W&K, and WFTE for another week.

One of the problems with this album is the large number of interludes. 6/15 songs are interludes. I understand that this is partly because it's a concept album and it has something to tell. And I know some people will say "it's about quality, not quantity". I don't believe in that though. The reason is because when an album has a lot of instrumentals, the non instrumental songs have to be REALLY good to make up for the lack of real songs. It puts more pressure on the actual songs to be good. There's not as much room for error since there's not a lot of actual songs. And that's a bad thing IMO.

Anyway, if I listen to any other songs, I'm not going to have any surprises left when the album comes out. The only thing I'll have left to listen to is interludes. And I don't want that. As it stands now, I've only heard 3 of the actual songs plus the snippets. That means I have 6 real songs (non interludes) that I haven't heard. If I stop now, I'll have one more new song than I did with M2M plus I'll have all the interludes.

Why does the length of a song determine whether it's good or not? The Requiem is awesome. Jornada Del Muerto is awesome. Fallout is awesome. Wisdom, Justice, and Love is awesome. Empty Spaces should have been a part of When They Come For Me and The Radiance should have been a part of The Requiem.

These interludes are great and most of them can stand on their own (with the exceptions I pointed out).

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I failed at not listening to ATS....I don't want to give my opinion about it now, it would too early. All I can say is that ATS doesn't sound like Linkin Park at all. It's super super super super super soft, but not soft rock. This isn't a rock album.

the lack of real songs

Define a "real" song.

And the trick is to listen to this album in order, without breaking it up halfway through. Sometimes you can't even tell where one song starts and another begins. I had to actually look at my iTunes playlist to know when The Requiem became The Radiance. And a lot of the "useless interludes" actually serve pretty well as introductions or endings to the longer songs.

Basically, if you're hating on ATS because it has 15 tracks and some of them are short, you're hating on it for all the wrong reasons. Give it a chance, you might be surprised.

And I'm on my second listen now. I still can't even pin a definitive genre on what I'm hearing. It wants to be electronic rock or rap-rock and in a couple moments even progressive rock, but it still defies categorization.

On a side note, the synth solo in Robot Boy was unexpected.

So I listened to every single track now on YT

Heard just one Song with "CHESTER SCREAMS" : Blackout - is that right?

Just one song with our SCREAMING Chester, too less

The Requiem, The Radiance, Jornada del Muerto, Wisdom, Justice, and Love - JUST FUCK, what is going on?

These inderludes are needless and bad too.

I' ve waited for heavy tracks like given up - but no chance.

A heavy track on the album is blackout , and that is just a shit

so waht do you think guys?

try to catch up, ....

Well, I failed at not listening to ATS....I don't want to give my opinion about it now, it would too early. All I can say is that ATS doesn't sound like Linkin Park at all. It's super super super super super soft, but not soft rock. This isn't a rock album.

I know! Isn't it great!

So I listened to every single track now on YT

Heard just one Song with "CHESTER SCREAMS" : Blackout - is that right?

Just one song with our SCREAMING Chester, too less

The Requiem, The Radiance, Jornada del Muerto, Wisdom, Justice, and Love - JUST FUCK, what is going on?

These inderludes are needless and bad too.

I' ve waited for heavy tracks like given up - but no chance.

A heavy track on the album is blackout , and that is just a shit

so waht do you think guys?

I'm sorry, but if you were expecting any of the songs on ATS to sound like Given Up, it sounds like you didn't really follow the album well pre-release/leak.

You want tracks like Given Up? Then go listen to One Step Closer, A Place for My Head, Faint, Don't Stay, Figure.09, From the Inside, No More Sorrow, QWERTY.

Hell, just go listen to Given Up.

Get over the idea that "ZOMG HEAVY IS TEH BEZZZT!" because if you've listened to anything Linkin Park over the last few years, you would realize that some of their best tracks are in fact moderately soft at the loudest.

This goes to everyone with this mindset. Open your options and opinions! Soft is not bad!

The only reason you don't like Blackout is because of the second half, am I right? Bingo.

No, the second half is not the reason. Also I didn't say that I hate soft songs from LP. I love LOATR SODT and speaking of ATS : Iridescent or WFTE. I just miss chester's screaming voice on the new record.

The end of blackout that was said to be weird and ruined the song, i expected way worse. Blackout is the best song.

Frankly, I found the first half of the song worse than the second. The two elements to it, the poppy instrumental and Chester's scream/rap thing, would have sounded much better on their own, but mixed together it just makes no sense. In fact, it seems like an awkward mix of emotions. The second half is much more cohesive and doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart on me.

where are the impressions? I don't wanna hear the album but I wanna read your opinions!

go go go

Im very dissapointed, the worst album of LP:

#1 A Thousand Suns

#2 Minutes To Midnight

There is almost no involvement of Rob, Brad and Phoenix in this album, Now I understand why Linkin Park wanted to get out of the Warner Records in 2006

Im very dissapointed, the worst album of LP:

There is almost no involvement of Rob, Brad and Phoenix in this album, Now I understand why Linkin Park wanted to get out of the Warner Records in 2006

I'm sure that Rob, Brad, and Phoenix are very present on this album, just not in the way they have been in the past. We already know that Brad yells into a megaphone. That appeared on When They Come For Me. There are plenty of "group vocal" moments that probably consist of the whole band singing/chanting. I wouldn't be surprised if Rob played most of the electronic drums with an electronic kit.

Edited by leftshoe18