It Leaked (ATS/LT/The Hunting Party)

Chesterchaz

I think im going to leave it at this.

Nothing on here is terrible. Even the worst songs are quality, its polished.

Secondly, i had a specific vision of what this album would or should sound like. In parts it was, but the majority of it isn't. It isn't as cutting edge as was reported. Once I get over that, I think ill really be able to appreciate it.

That said, there are some hugely disappointing tracks, such as The Messanger, and Iridescent.

Its a great album, brilliant in places, just not genre busting as i expected.

Still a brilliant piece of work, unexpected and also predictable in places, something which I need to hear a lot more.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMO Iridescent is by far the best song on the album for me.Everything about it is just brilliant, soft and slow intro to the song and as soon as Chester starts singing it just became my all time favorite LP song.

I would have to say I'm happy with every song but I just think the sounds in Blackout don't really fit with Chesters screams/rap.

But its just another great album from LP <3

So far, I'm on Track 08 - Waiting for the End. I love this album so far. It is really different and really soft compared to earlier LP albums. Waiting For the End reminds me of The Beatles. Great Song. I will let you know the full CD impressions after I listen to it all.

honestly, after the first listen i mean it was just okay. it wasn't as crazy as i thought it would be. after hearing the catalyst and wretches and kings i thought it was going to be crazy electronic the whole time but it really wasn't. it was just a lot of piano and electronic drum beats. the singing is good but honestly i liked minutes to midnight better :(

honestly, after the first listen i mean it was just okay. it wasn't as crazy as i thought it would be. after hearing the catalyst and wretches and kings i thought it was going to be crazy electronic the whole time but it really wasn't. it was just a lot of piano and electronic drum beats. the singing is good but honestly i liked minutes to midnight better :(

You don't need to feel bad, everyone's got opinions. ;)

Anyway I'm nearing the end of my first play of the album, and WOW, I've been blown away.

I think the best part is that every person on this thread loves/hates different songs. Previous cds seemed to jive with what everybody hated or everybody loved. This is cool because of how personal the experience is to each individual.

Wish it didn't leak until tomorrow because now I have to decide to DL it or wait until the haxxors LAZORZ show tonight to hear it again. (Already got the eargasm at the LA listening event)

Here is my review, and IT IS MY HONEST OPINION, maybe not yours.

Linkin Park - A Thosand Suns, whatever you thought of Linkin Park before doesn't matter anymore.

With this album they blow the "nu-metal LP" out of the water, it takes that and slaps it in the face and says GROW UP.

Whatever thought they put up for themselves with Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes to Midnight is with this album, non-existant.

This is their best album, and I don't say that because I'm a fan of LP that was before this and "can accept" new things, I say that because I'm a fan of the constantly evolving band that is LINKIN PARK!

I think the best part is that every person on this thread loves/hates different songs. Previous cds seemed to jive with what everybody hated or everybody loved. This is cool because of how personal the experience is to each individual.

Wish it didn't leak until tomorrow because now I have to decide to DL it or wait until the haxxors LAZORZ show tonight to hear it again. (Already got the eargasm at the LA listening event)

dont download it

go and listen to the LA show 100% better i bet you and much more louder.

hope you'll have a blast at the Ima Fire mah LAzorz show.

I loved the album. The only song that I didn't absolutely love was The Messenger. The album definitely isn't as genre-busting as Mike claimed, but it is all over the place. The sounds range from atmospheric, to rock, to rap, to electronica, to pop.

I love that the poppy sounds on this album are more reminiscent of The Beatles than Justin Bieber. That is the type of pop music that I like. The hip-hop moments are rapped in a more traditional hip-hop style instead of Mike's nu-metal style. This change was already evident on Minutes to Midnight and it was nice to see it continued on this album. I also loved the emphasis of electronics and synthesizes since that's currently what I'm experimenting with musically.

My favorite tracks were Jornada Del Muerto, When They Come For Me, Blackout, Wretches and Kings, and Waiting for the End. They all get a 10/10 for me.

I loved the synth line that came in during JDM. That was my favorite part of it.

When They Come For Me just has this really nice hip-hop feel to it that I'm really digging. Plus I love the references to other rappers (including some of my favorites like Chuck D from Public Enemy and Jay-Z).

Blackout reminds me of Nine Inch Nails without sounding like a NIN rip-off. I love when Mike's singing comes in at the end. I was a little disappointed that Chester's lyrics had changed from the LPTV episode, but that's all good.

Wretches and Kings was like an evolution of the Hybrid Theory/Meteora sound that was taken in a whole new direction (kind of like Bleed it Out was on Minutes to Midnight). I also liked Mike's delivery on the track and the lyrics reminded me of Public Enemy.

And, my favorite, Waiting for the End. This song was really cool. I loved the Beatles-esque Chester parts and once again, Mike's delivery on his rap was amazing. This is one of my favorite Linkin Park tracks right now.

Some other random thoughts that I had while listening to the album:

- Iridescent sounds like the kind of music you hear in a church that has a "rock" band. It has a very epic feel to it.

- Wisdom, Justice, and Love is really, really cool.

- Robot Boy sounds nothing like I expected. It sounded a lot better.

- Those 30-second samples ain't got nothin' on this album!

Wow. I never post here just lurk lol but that was just incredable. All assumptions i had for this album were shatterd, burnt up and thrown away. This is truly a masterpiece. Ive never been more proub to be an LP fan :)

Best tracks- Waiting For The End, The Messenger, The Catalyst, Wretches and Kings and Iridescent.

I personaly feel that the lyrics in the Messenger were beautiful. Gonna go down as one of the best LP tracks in my book...

My first impressions are good, it's defiantly an album you have to listen though in full, in the correct order.

Iridescent - the first minute starts of beautiful but the rest is boring to me.

Some of the breaks are pretty intense, Wisdom, Justice And Love certainly is.

Blackout is amazing and Joe tears shit apart on that song, incredible.

I really enjoy Waiting for The End, defiantly a good choice as a second single, shame it's going to start a new shit storm with those STILL stuck in pre-MTM.

Still yet to make my mind up about The Messenger.

When They Come For Me isn't one I'm going to go back to, yeah it has attitude, but does nothing for me.

As a whole it's a lot more ambient then the last records, some cases for good some bad.

Edited by sizedude

I'm currently in the process of picking up all the pieces of my body, as I was completely blown away.

And this is coming from a person that began to doubt if Linkin Park could truly pull through with this record, especially these last few days of negative media surrounding the new sound.

As far as I'm concerned, A Thousand Suns is a complete and utter masterpiece.

Bravo Chester, Mike, Joe, Rob, Brad, and Phoenix.

Bravo Linkin Park.

So I listened to every single track now on YT

Heard just one Song with "CHESTER SCREAMS" : Blackout - is that right?

Just one song with our SCREAMING Chester, too less

The Requiem, The Radiance, Jornada del Muerto, Wisdom, Justice, and Love - JUST FUCK, what is going on?

These inderludes are needless and bad too.

I' ve waited for heavy tracks like given up - but no chance.

A heavy track on the album is blackout , and that is just a shit

so waht do you think guys?

Edited by FS84

It makes me happy that more of us here think it's a masterpiece than a master piece of crap.

You know what the worst part is? If a band other than Linkin Park released this album, it might actually get more positive reviews, because it's definitely a GREAT album, but a lot of people still stick too closely to their idea of what LP is or should be.

Wow, I definitely wasn't expecting this leak. I was thinking maybe in another couple days. I'm not listening to the whole thing until it comes out though. I did the same with M2M and Out of Ashes. I just listened to Waiting For The End (which was amazing) but that will be the last song I listen to. I can live off of The Catalyst, W&K, and WFTE for another week.

One of the problems with this album is the large number of interludes. 6/15 songs are interludes. I understand that this is partly because it's a concept album and it has something to tell. And I know some people will say "it's about quality, not quantity". I don't believe in that though. The reason is because when an album has a lot of instrumentals, the non instrumental songs have to be REALLY good to make up for the lack of real songs. It puts more pressure on the actual songs to be good. There's not as much room for error since there's not a lot of actual songs. And that's a bad thing IMO.

Anyway, if I listen to any other songs, I'm not going to have any surprises left when the album comes out. The only thing I'll have left to listen to is interludes. And I don't want that. As it stands now, I've only heard 3 of the actual songs plus the snippets. That means I have 6 real songs (non interludes) that I haven't heard. If I stop now, I'll have one more new song than I did with M2M plus I'll have all the interludes.

Making an album which is perfect is making an album which is loved by every single person on this planet. Which is Impossible because every person has a different opinion on everything.

Linkin Park could have easily made an album which old fans like and what most people like to hear.And the music industry would have continued the same way it was. But they decided to change the music that everyone is in habit of listening of. Which i think is only the first step. It takes a lot to try something completely new and what even you dont know is gonna be like.

I am very proud of the album.

It is truly a masterpiece. If the "Classic Album" series is still running its gonna be there.

Edited by linkindude

So I listened to every single track now on YT

Heard just one Song with "CHESTER SCREAMS" : Blackout - is that right?

Just one song with our SCREAMING Chester, too less

The Requiem, The Radiance, Jornada del Muerto, Wisdom, Justice, and Love - JUST FUCK, what is going on?

These inderludes are needless and bad too.

I' ve waited for heavy tracks like given up - but no chance.

A heavy track on the album is blackout , and that is just a shit

so waht do you think guys?

You want tracks like Given Up? Then go listen to One Step Closer, A Place for My Head, Faint, Don't Stay, Figure.09, From the Inside, No More Sorrow, QWERTY.

Hell, just go listen to Given Up.

Get over the idea that "ZOMG HEAVY IS TEH BEZZZT!" because if you've listened to anything Linkin Park over the last few years, you would realize that some of their best tracks are in fact moderately soft at the loudest.

This goes to everyone with this mindset. Open your options and opinions! Soft is not bad!

The only reason you don't like Blackout is because of the second half, am I right? Bingo.