30 Second Snippets of "A Thousand Suns" Out Now!

Teagan

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's stupid that everybody here is fighting because "fans" have different opinions. I respect their change. I respect how brave they are for putting music on album that has no old LP vibe in it, just because they love it. They are actually enjoying the music they make, and they've changed. As simple as that. I fell in love with A Place For My Head. I would die to have more songs like that, but that doesn't mean that I should forget how their music helped me and to start hating what they've become. I love HT, but I also like this change! It's fresh, they're not constantly duplicating themselves, so if I don't like all of their new songs, at least I respect the effort and enthusiasm, and I think that that makes a fan, not bitching on six pages how they suck now... <_<

I think it's stupid that everybody here is fighting because "fans" have different opinions. I respect their change. I respect how brave they are for putting music on album that has no old LP vibe in it, just because they love it. They are actually enjoying the music they make, and they've changed. As simple as that. I fell in love with A Place For My Head. I would die to have more songs like that, but that doesn't mean that I should forget how their music helped me and to start hating what they've become. I love HT, but I also like this change! It's fresh, they're not constantly duplicating themselves, so if I don't like all of their new songs, at least I respect the effort and enthusiasm, and I think that that makes a fan, not bitching on six pages how they suck now... <_<

+8294389423047891074012

It comes as no surprise to me that the majority of the people already trash-talking this album (based on a total of 7 minutes and 18 seconds of material from a 48-minute album, mind you) come from "metal up your ass" country (a.k.a. Europe). I'm sorry, but if you people seriously expect "good music" to always consist of songs with heavy guitars, lots of screaming, and hard rocking drums, you've been following the wrong band for the last 10 years. Go listen to Korn or Godsmack or some other relic of the nu metal era if that's the kind of music you want to hear. You'll probably find their albums in the bargain bin at your local retailer.

I'm sure we should all bow before your superhuman powers of foresight.

Posted Image

I don't think anyone here actually cares about anyone else's personal opinion. If you want to criticize the snippets, try to do it on a MUSICAL level, not on a personal "omg i dunt lik tis, gime hybrid thery bak" level cuz that's just asking for an argument.

On that note, this definitely was not what I was expecting. A lot of the music and the melodies are just...nothing new. I would say that based on these snippets, ATS has more unoriginal tracks than MTM. Both musically and melodically, these song snippets just don't seem to bring anything new. The lyrics, while seemingly generic, they do feel very inspired, so they don't bring the tracks down. But I usually look forward to listening to LP songs because they bring something completely new to my ears, and from what I've heard so far, only When They Come For Me, Jornada Del Muerto, Blackout, and The Catalyst have really done that for me. I really HOPE that the full length songs turn out to be less generic, and end up blowing me away. I still like how the other tracks sound, but I would much rather be taken to a whole new place with this album.

Edited by Krylon

Astat: "It comes as no surprise to me that the majority of the people already trash-talking this album come from "metal up your ass" country (a.k.a. Europe)"

You do know Europe isn't a country right?

Haven't you heard? Its a country if you're in America. :rolleyes:

Astat: "It comes as no surprise to me that the majority of the people already trash-talking this album come from "metal up your ass" country (a.k.a. Europe)"

You do know Europe isn't a country right?

He didn't literally mean country as in a nation. It's an expression. Here, I did you the liberty of citing one definition of "country" from google:

Definitions of country on the Web:

area: a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography); "it was a mountainous area"; "Bible country"

[/englishlesson]

Edited by Krylon

He didn't literally mean country as in a nation. It's an expression. Here, I did you the liberty of citing one definition of "country" from google:

Definitions of country on the Web:

area: a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography); "it was a mountainous area"; "Bible country"

[/englishlesson]

Take a look at which post you quoted.

[/forumlesson] :lol:

Edited by Ash

I love the intro

Its like Apocaliptic

2.(Radiance), not care to much but is one complement.

3.¿?Normal Song, nothing special

4.Other complement

5.I was waiting one strong rap.

6.I like Robot boy. Strange.

7.¿? the synth is horrible, is like one Rave rythm.

8.Pop Song ¬¬

9.I like it, some influences from NIN, just i dont like the effect on the voice, (like, li li li li linkin park....)lol

10.Nice song, i just dont like the pre-chorus, the drum.

11,12,13,14,15 I dont have time to describe it, i go to work.

Note:

Mike said that the album will be more instrumental, this clips, i think, are the climax of each song.

Why mike say that the album is something not heared before?. (80% Of the sounds has been listened)

Who say that is a mike album?

WTF

Is more Chester Bennington Album.(In the Clips)

Im not see the HOLE ALBUM connected, so many different parts,

(REANIMATION IS LIKE ONE BIG SONG)but this i dont think so.

We have to wait more.(listened before?)

puffffffffff.