30 Second Snippets of "A Thousand Suns" Out Now!

Teagan

My first impression... WTH IS GOING ON?!?! :o

My second impression, this is the first time I can hear materials from other artist/songs.NOT a copy, but some "songs/snippets" sound like the eurovision song contest stuff. :blink:

My third impression, there is a lot of cool new stuff and I'm very very very curious about the live peformance from this Album. :)

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy electronica a lot.

So if some of you aren't into this kind of music and would rather go listen to your rapcore and try to be uber tuff and angsty, cool go do that. I'll be enjoying myself over here.

+1

Blackout clip sounds like a section of an Innerpartysystem remix. YES.

I managed to restrain myself and only listen to like 3 previews. I like what I'm hearing though.

Also, can everyone stop BAWWWing over 30 second clips? Seriously? Who do you think you are to be calling LP such names for less than 10% of the album in random bits and bursts? It's like listening to the album, but you're dropping acid so you end up blacking out for a good deal of the album and remembering random parts of the songs, and then telling your friends you don't like it.

You didn't hear most of it, so stop acting like you did.

Also, people complained that they were going mainstream in MTM with Leave out all the rest and shadow of the day. Oh wait, or was that Meteora with Numb? It doesn't matter. Mainstream or not, good music is good music. If you don't like LP for the music they make, then you're not a Linkin Park fan, you're a nu-metal fan in denial.

Edited by Acodemaster

A few hours, but it seems that history wont be repeating itself this time. Oh well we only have to wait till Friday when all American stores will be receiving their shipments of it, if not earlier of course.

I'm sure we'll be getting it earlier since world-wide stores are selling it on Friday. I had held to my guess of today for a while, but it seems like it's not happening.

Oh well, only a little bit longer now regardless.

I was so afraid by what I heard in these previews so I stopped each one like 5 seconds in. I can already tell this album is going to test me in ways their previous albums never have. Hearing everything I've heard it makes Minutes To Midnight seem like Hybrid Theory Part III. (Sarcastic poke at those who consider Meteora a copy/paste album and also used to point out how after being out for a few years MTM doesn't seem like that much of a leap from their previous work. At least, not genre crushing like this album seems like it will be.) I won't lie in saying that my opinions have been affected by what I've heard so far, but I will in no way bash any aspect of this album until I hear it completely through a few times. I'll be listening to this the entire time I'm on my way to NYC so I'm sure by the end of the day I'll have a solid first opinion of the album. Until then, people save your bias and naive child-like-influenced opinions until you hear the whole thing. You'll do these forms, the LP fan base and yourself a huge favor by holding everything back until you actually hear the entire body of work these guys have spent years making.

Edited by Biggiee2180@aol.com

this album might kill my love to LP.

if there were more songs like WaK, it would be great but this is too soft again.

songs im going to like:

The Requiem

The Radiance

Empty Spaces

When They Come For ME

Jornada Del Muerto

Blackout

Wretches And Kings

Wisdom, Justice...

maybe Iriscedent

Fallout

The Catalyst

The Messenger

songs i find too softy:

Burning In The Skies

Robot Boy

Waiting For The End

well, for me it's going to be like MTM: Some songs i like, some not.

Edited by tschenneck

I honestly like that there are some people who love it and some people who hate it. Because how boring would it be itf everyone loved it? All the comments would be exactly the same. I read the comments because I want to see the people who think differently of me. I havent even listened to it yet, im waiting for the album.

I honestly like that there are some people who love it and some people who hate it. Because how boring would it be itf everyone loved it? All the comments would be exactly the same. I read the comments because I want to see the people who think differently of me. I havent even listened to it yet, im waiting for the album.

I love how many people hate it (already!) because it's exactely what I thought will happen. The sound is softer, right, but I think the lyrics have gotten rougher.

If people don't like the snippets, I don't think they will like the album, because it's not getting totally different or something, it stays that way.

But If you'll listen to the Album from the beginning to the end and listen carefully, you will recognize that it's not only electronic music and actually it's a masterpiece. It's not metal, yes, but as usual I can say, if you want a HT or Meteora, listen to HT or Meteora.

I love it, and I'm proud on Linkin Park and proud to be their fan, cause they are musicians, and musicians don't make metal, hiphop, pop or electronica. They make music!

For those of you who label this album as "mainstream" keep this in mind: LP's been mainstream for their entire career. The music on HT and Meteora was the same kind of music you would find on any major rock radio station, along with Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Papa Roach. To claim that they "went mainstream" with M2M or this album is a lie. They have always been mainstream, and they always will be. Nothing you do or say will make them go "underground" or "anti-mainstream" Also, they told us that this album would be different, and that none of the songs would sound the same, so take these previews with a pinch of salt.

that's my 2 cents, which probably will get lost in the hate/flame war in this thread.

For those of you who label this album as "mainstream" keep this in mind: LP's been mainstream for their entire career. The music on HT and Meteora was the same kind of music you would find on any major rock radio station, along with Korn, Limp Bizkit, and Papa Roach. To claim that they "went mainstream" with M2M or this album is a lie. They have always been mainstream, and they always will be. Nothing you do or say will make them go "underground" or "anti-mainstream" Also, they told us that this album would be different, and that none of the songs would sound the same, so take these previews with a pinch of salt.

I've been trying to tell my friend that for three years now. In the minds of the stubborn "old-school" LP fans, Minutes to Midnight will always be a "sell-out, mainstream" record, and Hybrid Theory (which went Diamond) and Meteora (7x Platinum, I believe) were not mainstream.

I don't know what to think. It's different, hell fucking yes, but it's... I dunno' what to say.

I think this'll be similar to Minutes To Midnight in the sense that it'll take me a year or so to truly appreciate it. Still reserving full judgement 'til I get my copy of the album.

LP have pushed the genre label since day one. People who are hating on them now are the ones who really liked what they did 10 years ago. Keep in mind when M2M came out they lost old fans and gained new ones. They will continue to do this as they progress as musicians. There isn't a single thing you can do about it. You either like the new stuff or you stick to HT and Meteora, no one is wrong in these arguments. What is wrong is when people slander each other because they dont like the 30 second clips or vice versa. I personally am on the fence with this album but I felt the same way when I first heard M2M, and now thats my favorite album of theirs. If I may take a line from Chris Jericho...LP are the best in the world at what they do. I have faith in them and dont think they will disappoint me and even if they do oh well, I still love what they have released in the past and I've always got that.

LP have pushed the genre label since day one. People who are hating on them now are the ones who really liked what they did 10 years ago. Keep in mind when M2M came out they lost old fans and gained new ones. They will continue to do this as they progress as musicians. There isn't a single thing you can do about it. You either like the new stuff or you stick to HT and Meteora, no one is wrong in these arguments. What is wrong is when people slander each other because they dont like the 30 second clips or vice versa. I personally am on the fence with this album but I felt the same way when I first heard M2M, and now thats my favorite album of theirs. If I may take a line from Chris Jericho...LP are the best in the world at what they do. I have faith in them and dont think they will disappoint me and even if they do oh well, I still love what they have released in the past and I've always got that.

I don't think anyone could have said it better. And I believe on that note, we should all cease this waging war and WAIT to listen to the whole thing.

God bless us, everyone - we're a broken fanbase debating on a thousand suns...lol goodnight ppl