30 Second Snippets of "A Thousand Suns" Out Now!

Teagan

my god... the broken-english-hate-rants are getting irritating VERY quickly.

i'll be honest... the clips are totally not what i was expecting. does that mean i have to come on here and whinge: "omgz, stupid LPs, hope theyre nue albumz flops so theyz cna go back to makingz the better musiks!"

lame. wait and hear the whole album. then if you don't like it - voice your opinion and don't disparage anyone elses. but for god's sake - don't come on here and suggest that they need to experience a flop so they can go back to making the 'nu-metal' they supposedly once played. you are the same people who constantly claim the band have 'sold-out'... but going back to their more 'socially and commercially acceptable sound' just for the sake of selling a few more albums isn't selling-out?! geeeeeeZUS!

i would much prefer they be honest and make the music they choose to - even if it means 5 people are buying their albums... no one is forcing you to continue listening...

Edited by Narc85

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's hypocritical; people don't tend to hate or dislike their favorite anything.

People who don't allow any room for negativity are those whom we call obsessed.

Just because someone analyzes a flaw in what they enjoy does not indicate that they don't truly favor it.

Blackout Lyrics:

You push it back down, NOOOOOOOO!

You'll never get it in sight, push it back down, black out, blood in your eye!

B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BLACKOUT BLOOD IN YOUR EYE!

YOU PUSH IT BACK DOWN! PUSH IT BACK DI-DI-DOWN!

YOU-Y-Y-Y-Y-YOU PUSH IT BACK DOWN! BLOOD IN YOUR EYE!

Keep singing! Maybe you'll scare all of the haterz away. lolololololz

Edited by ShinigamiPWN

People who don't allow any room for negativity are those whom we call obsessed.

Just because someone analyzes a flaw in what they enjoy does not indicate that they don't truly favor it.

Those who take everything a given person says literally, fail to see the point.

Don't nit-pick; i was talking extremes. Not someone who finds a flaw. There's damn sure a good number of LP tracks i don't like at all.

Besides the fact that you disregarded the overall point of my message.

:P

Those who take everything a given person says literally, fail to see the point.

Don't nit-pick; i was talking extremes. Not someone who finds a flaw. There's damn sure a good number of LP tracks i don't like at all.

Besides the fact that you disregarded the overall point of my message.

:P

Your entire point was for people to refrain from expressing their dislike of what they are hearing, which goes hand in hand with what I said. I did not disregard a single word of your post. ;)

Your entire point was for people to refrain from expressing their dislike of what they are hearing, which goes hand in hand with what I said. I did not disregard a single word of your post. ;)

not ...at ...alll haha

i said don't tell me you love lp, they're your favorite band, then go say you hate ATS on the same beat. That's FINE if you do, it's just that LP is the same band that put out ATS. sooo you (general "you" not you, rav0k) aren't really making sense

besides, that one sentence WAS NOT MY POST's POINT.

my point was don't put money into something you claim to dislike. if you want to send a message to warner or lp, don't buy the album. or at the very least, don't buy the tracks you dislike.

Edited by McArt

my point was don't put money into something you claim to dislike. if you want to send a message to warner or lp, don't buy the album. or at the very least, don't buy the tracks you dislike.

Agreed.

On the matter of criticizing your "favorite" anything, I think it's impossible for someone to like every single thing that a band does.

I know but, WAK gave false illusions of a hard Album. You know, for the complainants...

True. :lol:

Edited by rav0k

Agreed.

On the matter of criticizing your "favorite" anything, I think it's impossible for someone to like every single thing that a band does.

i'm glad we could agree on something :P

as for the second part, there's no sense in continuing to beat that topic; i'll blame it on poor word choice on my part.

I know but, WAK gave false illusions of a hard Album. You know, for the complainants...

I completely agree. I heard the orevies and I was like, wow none of these songs sound like WAK or TC. I don't mind that, but i don't like it giving off false impressions, cause i hate the complaints

i'm glad we could agree on something :P

as for the second part, there's no sense in continuing to beat that topic; i'll blame it on poor word choice on my part.

I was really just defending myself on terms of supporting the band since I became a fan upon Hybrid Theory's release. I have always respected their choices but there were definitely a handful of songs that I really disliked (mainly Minutes to Midnight era). So far, I am not disappointed with this album and I'm really glad to have heard these clips. The excitement is only greater now.

I was really just defending myself on terms of supporting the band since I became a fan upon Hybrid Theory's release. I have always respected their choices but there were definitely a handful of songs that I really disliked (mainly Minutes to Midnight era). So far, I am not disappointed with this album and I'm really glad to have heard these clips. The excitement is only greater now.

understood. and i agree. i've been down since hybrid theory. but i've also disliked plenty.

what i was trying to say is that people shouldnt purchase the album because LP is their favorite band. Purchase an album if you like it. Send a message if you don't.

Side note to other forum members: This is how people discuss things civilly :P

hahaha

That's horrible and sad.

This album is nothing but mainstream. I only can hear computers making music and this drum sounds suck. This snippets sound like the album was recorded during two hours or so.

WAK also is terrible getto music. But maybe some kits will buy that s***t. But luckily there are lots of other good releases in the moment. Rob and Brad should look for new jobs.

Once again one of the best comunities ever and LP doesn't give anything back, just my opinion.

You know that one song, The Catalyst? ..Have you heard the full thing?

You must not be a big LP fan, because...no. They don't even really give a fuck about anyone's expectations.

Actually, I'm a huge LP fan. However, I'm not going to go crazy over everything they put out just because it's LP. I don't care what some of you say, they could put out an album of dance tracks and country music and you would be falling over yourselves to say it was "so original", and " so epic." The snippets are a fairly good representation of what we can expect to hear on the album, and I think it's crap. If they truly don't care what people think, good for them, but I guarantee you this album will be reviewed poorly and will not sell anywhere near as well as their previous albums. Half the tracks sound like bad dance remixes. To me, this is a classic example of a band over thinking. You want a new direction, fine, but don't completely alienate your old sound. There is a way to make things sound fresh without making a 90% electronic record. What the hell does Brad do on these songs?? It's ridiculous, and it saddens me that my favorite band has chosen to go in this direction.

I dont remember the band ever once saying that this was going to be a hard album. I do remember them saying it was going to be something we never heard before. I haven't heard the snippets personally yet. Ill listen to everything when the album drops. WAK wasn't really a false illusion. LP themselves said that not one single song on the album was going to be alike I believe.

That's horrible and sad.

This album is nothing but mainstream. I only can hear computers making music and this drum sounds suck. This snippets sound like the album was recorded during two hours or so.

WAK also is terrible getto music. But maybe some kits will buy that s***t. But luckily there are lots of other good releases in the moment. Rob and Brad should look for new jobs.

Once again one of the best comunities ever and LP doesn't give anything back, just my opinion.

What a well thought out argument about why these 30 second snippets are horrible! My opinion has been changed! Linkin Park should stop making pop Ke$ha songs and go back to angsty distorted guitar screaming songs so that I can get my fix of angry music since there aren't any other bands out there like that!

I don't think about the negative thoughts about other people, after they heard snippets and begin with the same shit of three years ago, is impossible to try to contradict someone who expected a Hybrid Theory: "Linkin Park Returns" or Meteora v2.0, I want to hear the whole album, because I liked, some songs more than others but it's a journey and the old style of LP was destroyed three years ago...so I prefer to grow with the band :) I want start the journey A Thousand Suns ^^ well that was my opinion after listening to the previews.