New Message From Mike

Stranger

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree on your BIO points. it's amazing live, while the album version pales in comparison.

and i appreciate your use of "yucky"

ha

Yes, i also agree. BIO is amazing live. Especially the Road to Revolution version

Valentine's Day destroys the album version of Bleed It Out. There, I said it. I love Valentine's Day for its very unique song structure. BIO album version just does not bring it and doesn't do the song any damn justice. Now go listen to BIO from the best DSP ever (aka Auburn 2007) and THAT is a masterpiece. Slow -> fast outro at that show, DAMN.

BIO live is a monster. Well, it was in 2007. 2008 and 2009, it was cool, just not as epic. But BIO album version...yucky.

Very True. Bleed it Out is a live song. I never liked it till i saw them perform it live and i became a huge fan. In fact, many of the songs on M2M never fully hooked me till i saw them play it live. But Valentine's Day is an awesome song both in studio and live. I loved Brad's guitar intro. It gave the song a mood. Chester's vocals are awesome in it just like in TLGYA.

I thought the worst was TLTTGYA.

kill the blasphemer

just kidding

Oh god the BIO snippet, I hated that thing. It pissed me off because it was seven seconds of a repeating chorus.

When'd the 30 second WID snippet come out? A month before? (we could be able to gauge when a snippet of The Catalyst comes out if we know)

EDIT: ...holy shit where'd these four other pages come from, oh my fucking god

Edited by SomedudeRemix

Bleed It Out is awesome in my opinion. One of the best LP's ever put out souly based on the fact that its one of the most unique songs they've ever written. They can do anything to it live, and holds true to the fundamental aspects of the band while at the same time trying something new, like that entire album did. I would never hold Valentine's Day above Bleed It Out, but that is an amazing song. Out of their 3 albums, I would have to say In Between is their worst song. I give kudos to the band, and Mike, for experimenting with their music creativity, but that song pushed it. No Roads Left was a painfully obvious choice to replace that song on the record. I wish Mike would've preformed that live just once, even if it were just a studio or radio session. My reason for believing why they never played it is because I don't believe Mike's voice could handle that song live after rapping/singing for n entire show. Don't get me wrong, he's a great vocalist but he's not Chester. Even he's not perfect every time. I don't think we'll ever hear that song live. Lets hope we'll have more chances from Mike on this album, and I hope that one song Mike mentioned during the 1st batch of songs on his blog with him and Chester singing together surfaces on this new album. That would be pretty sweet. And Lying From You is LP's best track thus far. Papercut's a close 2nd

http://www.linkinpark.com/forum/topics/lin...ge=114#comments

Go to the last page. Mike says not to speculate single/album names!

Based on what Mike said maybe The Catalyst is the album and it is coming out on August 2nd.

On another note, my favorite LP songs are In the End, Don't Stay, Faint, and Leave Out All the Rest.

My Favorite Songs from Hybrid Theory are In the End, One Step Closer, Crawling, and Papercut

My Favorite Songs from Meteora are Don't Stay, Faint, Somewhere I Belong, and Breaking the Habbit

My Favorite Songs from MTM are LOATR, In Between, In Pieces, and Given Up.

That is my opinion.

I highly doubt that LP will be releasing the album in a month. I just can't happen. The leak from WB is more than enough proof to support that's when the 1st single will be release. Plus they're still putting the finishing touches on the album and haven't even begun to promote it yet, outside of the devoted fan online fan base. Plus the tour dates are another sign, with how far away they are.