New Message From Mike

Stranger

I highly doubt that LP will be releasing the album in a month. I just can't happen. The leak from WB is more than enough proof to support that's when the 1st single will be release. Plus they're still putting the finishing touches on the album and haven't even begun to promote it yet, outside of the devoted fan online fan base. Plus the tour dates are another sign, with how far away they are.

This. I'm pretty sure that 'The Catalyst' is the single.

At least the puzzles weren't meaningless! Now what is 'A thousand Suns'?!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This. I'm pretty sure that 'The Catalyst' is the single.

At least the puzzles weren't meaningless! Now what is 'A thousand Suns'?!

Album title, I hope. That could result in some sick cover art.

Edited by SomedudeRemix

Am I the only one that doesn't like these new names?

Im split right now I don't really like "A Thousand Suns" as an album title. It sounds a bit generic for me. Meteora is still LP's best album name..Simple and unqiue.

As for "The Catalyst" as a single name. That KICKS ass!

Am I the only one that doesn't like these new names?

I don't mind them. I think "The Catalyst" should, if a the title of the album or single be just called "Catalyst". As for "A Thousand Suns" - I have no idea, just have to wait and see.

I like both names we have wheter they are only clues to a real title or if they truely are just titles of songs/the album. I told my girlfriend about "a thousand suns" and she went:-

"THE SUN AGAIN?!...."

Referencing how much she hated Shadow Of A Day. Can't win everyone over i suppose.

Wow, amazing. Not only that, but he's saying that Valentine's Day is also better than Bleed It Out. I didn't know it was possible to have such an opinion. Oh well, it's just a testament to how everyone's tastes are different. Anyone can think anything.

VD is actually thousand times better than BIO for me.

Word! That song is just the most epic song Linkin Park has done. And Chester's vocals are a thing of beauty on it. It is by far the most under appreciated song by LP because people don't know what to make of it since it is so far from what they're known for.

Yeah!! It took me some time to let it grow on me. But now that song is a MONSTER!!

Valentine's Day destroys the album version of Bleed It Out. There, I said it. I love Valentine's Day for its very unique song structure. BIO album version just does not bring it and doesn't do the song any damn justice. Now go listen to BIO from the best DSP ever (aka Auburn 2007) and THAT is a masterpiece. Slow -> fast outro at that show, DAMN.

BIO live is a monster. Well, it was in 2007. 2008 and 2009, it was cool, just not as epic. But BIO album version...yucky.

*highfive*

Haha!! There you have it!! LP's arguably biggest fan thinks the same way as me. WIN WIN!!

has anyone mention easier to run yet? i LOVE that song. its hard for me to pick my favorite LP song but if i absolutely had to ide pick ETR

Hey my collab brother, that's there with the best LP songs along with TLTGYA.

Though LP's devoted online fanbase is far larger than the overall fanbase of most bands :lol:

+1

One Step Closer, Somewhere I Belong, What I've Done and now..The Catalyst. It already sounds diferrent

It sounds more along the lines of the High Voltage, Figure.09, Points of Authority naming style. And I have always liked those names so this is looking good!!!

I have a feeling that this album, with it's new sound will somehow make the other three albums seem a little obsolete and once hearing it i will have a lot less intreast in listening to the older stuff.

To be fair, i'm listening to some of the recorded older stuff and i already have that feeling, listening to it live still has the same energy as before however.

I know this is probs nothing and completely wrong, but with Mike saying to not read to much into song names/album titles are we sure these are the titles?

A thousand suns = Atomic bomb.

The Catalyst = attack on perl Harbour, and the start of a chain of events that set it all off.

Which could just mean that the start of it all is August 2nd. Seems the album may have a war theme/concept.

One Step Closer, Somewhere I Belong, What I've Done and now..The Catalyst. It already sounds diferrent

Just realized....looking at the past singles, they have all had three words in them. Hahaha, almost as if A Thousand Suns should be the single...haha :P

Umm......

On August the 2nd, 1939 Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd write a letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt, urging him to begin the Manhattan project to develop a nuclear weapon. (Direct quote from Wikipedia)

Surely this was a Catalyst in developping nuclear weapons (which where hinted at by the thousand suns quote in the last messages?)