Mike's New Tease

Jay_Sensei

While looking for a quote, I found this:

Describing the record in more depth, Shinoda added: "This isn’t necessarily a record that tells a story about a character or anything like that, but I do hope the record has a sonic identity, from beginning to end, that’s distinguishable from the other stuff we’ve done and distinguishable from everything else out there."

Source: Ultimate Guitar

Sonic Identity? Sounds like a concept album to me....

LP concept albums are different from other bands. It's not as much a story then just a central theme. like MTM, it refers to the doomsday clock the whole album but no overall plot. now for the sonic part, that's just the genre and sound of the album i think...i don't think it's the sonic way of the lyrics..

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LP concept albums are different from other bands. It's not as much a story then just a central theme. like MTM, it refers to the doomsday clock the whole album but no overall plot. now for the sonic part, that's just the genre and sound of the album i think...i don't think it's the sonic way of the lyrics..

You can't call MtM a concept album. The main difference here, is that they picked the title, after they finished the album. They searched for a name that could fit to the music. On a real concept album you're doing your album with some kind of a plan. they did their songs on mtm independent from each other which is the main difference between a normal album and a concept album. a concept album is planned somehow. I hope you get what I mean. You should reread what a concept album is. LP had never done a concept album.

But they're doing the same with this one.. Picking the name after creating songs.

The difference I think is that the new album is going to have a constant sound and lyrical themes I guess, and the artwork relates to the music. We'll know when we hear it.

Edited by Xero21

You can't call MtM a concept album. The main difference here, is that they picked the title, after they finished the album. They searched for a name that could fit to the music. On a real concept album you're doing your album with some kind of a plan. they did their songs on mtm independent from each other which is the main difference between a normal album and a concept album. a concept album is planned somehow. I hope you get what I mean. You should reread what a concept album is. LP had never done a concept album.

yeah i understand you there. It just that MTM did follow a theme, and it was best described as the doomsday clock. thats why mike picked it....but there was a universal theme in that album. and if i remember correctly, mike said theme lyrical theme of this album was to "Not Suck???" dunno if that was mike messing with us or if he was being serious at the same time

yeah i understand you there. It just that MTM did follow a theme, and it was best described as the doomsday clock. thats why mike picked it....but there was a universal theme in that album. and if i remember correctly, mike said theme lyrical theme of this album was to "Not Suck???" dunno if that was mike messing with us or if he was being serious at the same time

That was a joke.

M2M is the COMPLETE opposite of a concept album. Given up doesn't relate to loatr which doesn't relate to blead it out which doesn't relate to shadow of the day and so on. Not lyrically or instramentally. Haha just sayin

ive figured it out!

through many hours of calculation, editing, staring and speaking with professionals, ive come to the conclusion that it is a bunch of dots sweeping across a background of grey.

Posts like this are the reason Tylenol was invented.........

The songs having a "sonic identity" doesn't mean anything. Maybe MTM wasn't, but both HT and Meteora had a "sonic identity" as well. Not that the songs are lirically related, but they had a similar structure and atmosphere. In the end, that's what most of albums are about, so I can't see the difference with this one.

The difference I think is that the new album is going to have a constant sound and lyrical themes I guess, and the artwork relates to the music. We'll know when we hear it.

And that's exactly what I don't want. When they initially announced that the album was going to be a concept album, I was seriously afraid of that. I don't think it would be good for all the songs to follow a certain lyrical theme. In order for this album to be as lyrically strong as some of the past albums, I think it has to have lyrics that are about various different themes. If the lyrics are all related to one common theme, the meanings in the songs are going to not be varied enough and they might be too shallow or too similar. It really all depends on what the theme is. The problem with a concept album is that it's a hit or miss. If the lyrics are about a good theme, it's good. If not, then it's not so good.

With all the different things being said, we truly won't know anything about the sound or direction of the album until the first preview or song leaks.

In order for this album to be as lyrically strong as some of the past albums, I think it has to have lyrics that are about various different themes.

LP's lyrics have never been strong in my opinion. :P MTM was their best as far as lyrics are. Perhaps we just like different lyrical styles.

Edited by Xero21

I bet Mike's laughin' his ass off cause this is just some joke to see what fans would do

in My opinion LP make us Worder or ... maybe it has to do with the Album theory ...

Maybe it's something Weard (in a good way ... -not an elephant :P )

so ... they try our imagination

.... of course they get some people ungry .... but ....

I THINK IT's Got A WORTH all this ......

(sory for not good english)

EDIT : SOMEONE KNOWS WHAT IS THIS ????????????????????????

http://lpr.ya-music.de/img/lpr7teaser.jpg

post-2677-1276725782.jpg

Edited by lplfan