News from Mike (LPU9, New Album)

Nameless

There's a tiny clip of it availible on the MTM dvd, you can find the rip of it here:

Starting at 3:31

thanks i've never seen this video before...save to favorites...6th string sounds cool for a 4 second snippet...hope we get this or japan on LPU9...OMG!!! THAT WOULD MAKE ME WANNA GO JUMP OFF A BUILDING!!! (NOT REALLY JK) :D

Edited by LP_and_PIE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6th string song?

What is that? :mellow:

When LP was recording MtM, they had a live orchestra come into the studio to do the string parts (violins, cello, stuff like that).

They had the orchestra contribute to 6 songs. Only 5 made the album. The 6th one was played for about 5 seconds in the MtM DVD showing some dude standing there recording it. I think someone posted a link a few posts ago.

idk if anyone caught this but mike posted this on lp.com forums today.

"I hope you guys realize (as I do) that no matter what goes on the LPU9 CD, there will be people who say "it sucks and the band is lame for insulting us with such garbage." And there will be people who say, "This is my favorite CD of all time, anyone who says otherwise is obviously mentally deranged."

Regardless, here's what the LPU9 CD really is: 1.) an insight into our recording process, with some early versions of songs you will recognize, plus 2.) a song you've never heard. The end. Wait until December to find out more..."

Edited by LP_and_PIE

idk if anyone caught this but mike posted this on lp.com forums today.

"I hope you guys realize (as I do) that no matter what goes on the LPU9 CD, there will be people who say "it sucks and the band is lame for insulting us with such garbage." And there will be people who say, "This is my favorite CD of all time, anyone who says otherwise is obviously mentally deranged."

Regardless, here's what the LPU9 CD really is: 1.) an insight into our recording process, with some early versions of songs you will recognize, plus 2.) a song you've never heard. The end. Wait until December to find out more..."

Mike knows LP haters' minds. ;)

Yeah! Coming soon on December!

And an LP song that Mike describes as having a bit of a Postal Service feel? That's effing awesome. New album is definitely more synthy.

More synth, and 4 part vocal harmonies? Sounds like DBS may be influencing a bit.

I thought the same *laughs* I love The Postal Service, so let's see what might come out of that!

Rob 'piano song' : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v9fcLagTHw

From 1:30 to 2:00 :D

That's not the song that's being discussed here. They're talking about the one that shows Rob playing piano in one of the LPTV 2007 episodes, it was an MTM song that didn't make the cut.

Bottom line regarding the 6th strings song: There's a 25% chance that we'll get it on LPU9. There are 4 fully completed MTM b-sides that haven't been released, and that's one of them.

That's not the song that's being discussed here. They're talking about the one that shows Rob playing piano in one of the LPTV 2007 episodes, it was an MTM song that didn't make the cut.

Bottom line regarding the 6th strings song: There's a 25% chance that we'll get it on LPU9. There are 4 fully completed MTM b-sides that haven't been released, and that's one of them.

How do we know that it was the finished song?

Well, I'm actually referring to the song vyonizr talked about

Very interesting! Can't wait, dude!

I'm hoping for the instrumental track aka Rob Drum Test on MoM!

It was my mistake to put 'piano song' :lol:

When LP was recording MtM, they had a live orchestra come into the studio to do the string parts (violins, cello, stuff like that).

They had the orchestra contribute to 6 songs. Only 5 made the album. The 6th one was played for about 5 seconds in the MtM DVD showing some dude standing there recording it. I think someone posted a link a few posts ago.

Thanks Xero21 ...21 is my fav numero :)

well i think the demos will be rare demos like, i dont know, papercut, or faint o given up, that kind of stuff...

and the unreleased song... one of the 5 cuts of MTM that have most similarity sounds with the new Record...

sorry for the poor english guys

Hey?

I never heard of the 6th String song? :) Can anybody give me some more informations?

and sry 4 offtopic but

has anyone of you the Making Of MTM (THE FULL VESRION)? I only found the shorter version @YT?

as said earlier in this topic

It's a shame that this website has uploaded the Making of, but here's the link: http://www.tmf.nl/video/12578/highlights/0