News from Mike (LPU9, New Album)

Nameless

Mike just posted a couple of interesting notes on his blog, the first about his work on the new album:

I did a song where the music sounds like Santogold (or Santigold, if you like) meets Postal Service meets At The Drive In or something. Very weird...but even weirder, the vocals are crazy--I asked our engineers what they thought it sounded like, and the responses I got were things like "Peter Gabriel" and "Huey Lewis, in a really good way." Four-part harmonies that ebb and flow with the track. I feel like I'm on drugs when I'm listening to it. It's tentatively called "Chicken Basket." Next week, we're all going to get together and listen to everything and vote on stuff, to see how progress is going. I'll let you guys know how it goes...

But the most important info is:

"as it turns out, our LP Underground fan club is going to be friggin' amazing this year! In case you don't know, we always put out a CD with the club, and this year's CD is a monster. It contains 8 previously unreleased demos from Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and Minutes To Midnight, plus a NEW, UNRELEASED LINKIN PARK SONG recorded during the MTM sessions. That's 9 tracks in all (for LPU9, get it?)."

Unreleased song recorded during MTM.. maybe Japan, Grecian?

Tell us your toughts!

Also thanks Aiman for the info.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and how do you know it wont be ?

maybe it will

so i guess we will allready know 2-3 songs from lpu (HT demos)

still awsome tho

cant wait for that one

because rob said that they stopped working on grecian, and japan was nothing more than a vocal demo. they're not going to put incomplete songs on an LPU cd, especially when they have one that's more or less completed (strings are the last thing to put on a song, usually, so we know that that song is pretty much done).

still, it might not be "the 6th strings song," but it won't be japan or grecian.

Edited by parth196

I'm not sure or not, correct me if I'm wrong, but when MTM was being finished they had 17 tracks and then decided to cut 5? I can't reamber if this was stated somewhere or not.

No Roads Left, 6th String Song are only two that come to mind. Unless you count QWERTY stuido version (But I don't think this song was ever intended for the final cut).

So really, it could be the 6th string song or something we never knew was out there?

My guess is though that it is the 6th string song just cause Mike knows everyone knows about it and has been asking about it.

Can't wait till December! :)

Edit: Also, I hope Mike gives us some decent info next week about the new LP.

Edited by RedZero

17 songs for MTM. 12 on the CD, 13th is NRL.

4 bsides. 1 of them is the 6th string song and there are 3 more. It won't be Grecian or Japan, those were never finished.

My bet is that it's the 6th string song. I fucking hope it is, omg.

Thats what I thought, thanks for clearing that up for me. :)

And I'm with you man, I really hope its the 6th String song. (Hope we get more info soon and finally get a name for this song. If this is the one that is.)

Edited by RedZero

An early version of Somewhere I Belong and From the Inside would be nice, considering that they were one of the first songs written for Meteora.

I think an early version of faint and dont stay would be really sick too :D ...even a song like nobody's listening or lying from you (but imm not sure if they ever had demos)

Edited by LP_and_PIE

I dont wanna sound like a noob or anything cuz Im a huge LP fan like all of u are...i mean common we are on a freakin lp fansite/blog...is there any sound recordings or snippets of the 6th string song?...and if so can u post a link or pm me it...thanks

There's a tiny clip of it availible on the MTM dvd, you can find the rip of it here:

Starting at 3:31

6th string song! I'm calling it!

And an LP song that Mike describes as having a bit of a Postal Service feel? That's effing awesome. New album is definitely more synthy.

More synth, and 4 part vocal harmonies? Sounds like DBS may be influencing a bit.