News from Mike (LPU9, New Album)

Nameless

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda bummed it's not a new song, but we'll see what we get. I wonder what the choices are from the MTM sessions. They have 4 tracks - one is the 6th strings song. I wonder if any of the other 3 are heavy.

I don't care if it's heavy I just wanna here more of Mike rapping :lol:

I don't care if it's heavy I just wanna here more of Mike rapping :lol:

same here...I didnt like Minutes to Midnight that much, because there was hardly any rapping at all from Mike...Mike's rapping makes up half of LP's sound in my opinion...hope to here more of it in next year's album

Edited by LP_and_PIE

same here...I didnt like Minutes to Midnight that much, because there was hardly any rapping at all from Mike...Mike's rapping makes up half of LP's sound in my opinion...hope to here more of it in next year's album

I still love MTM but I just get sick of listening to the same old stuff over and over again. FM was great and it has since made him a much better rapper. I mean QWERTY was pretty bad (in terms of rapping) but everything after that was awesome (in my opinion) especially We Made It.

Even though there is almost no chance for Japan, it would still be awesome to hear an acapella version of it. Besides that, I am also hoping for the 6th strings song. I remember the first time I heard that on the DVD and I wondered if that was a completed song or just a snippet for something else that was a demo or not complete. Just the snippet though made it sound epic and I hope the song sees the light of day soon if not on LPU9. The snippet sounded too epic for the rest of it to never be heard.

Previously unreleased has no big meaning, for example the SIB single refers to Step Up and My December live as previously unreleased.

It simply means it was not released before. So it can be something that is totally new or something that wasn't released by them in an official way.

you want an acapella that goes "na na na na na" repeatedly?

No, and as far as I know, the only thing that is known about the song is that it wasn't completed. Just because it wasn't completed doesn't mean that there's not more to the song than what we've heard on the making of the album. I think its possible that the band probably has a demo which contains more than just "na na na na na na the pieces of the secrets, thats something that I'll never find." I think they wrote more lyrics to it. It just wasn't released.

I'm gonna start referring to that 6th strings song as:

6SS.

I hope 6SS gets released, and LP plays it live. lmao.

me too :D ...so the only snippet we have of this song is this

? Can someone post the full Making of Minutes to Midnight that shows the recording of strings,etc. I've seen it before but I forgot where and I really wanna see it again...can't wait till December!!! :blink:

How do we know that it was the finished song?

Because strings are the absolute last thing recorded for LP's albums, they do them after vocals are done even. If a song got to the point of having strings recorded for it, it was a totally finished song otherwise.

BTW, only 4 of the 6 string songs made the album (Leave Out All the Rest, Shadow of the Day, Hands Held High, TLTGYA), No Roads Left was one of the other 2.

Genre Pop

Holy fuck. :blink:

LP has been "pop" since Hybrid Theory.

I still think it would be awesome for a full version/vocals version of Lockjaw....don't know the likelihood of that though :blink:

Saying you want a "full version" of Lockjaw makes about as much sense as saying you want a "full version" of Session or Wake...what we have IS the full version. I don't get why it's so hard to fathom that some songs are recorded with the intent of being instrumentals.

Saying you want a "full version" of Lockjaw makes about as much sense as saying you want a "full version" of Session or Wake...what we have IS the full version. I don't get why it's so hard to fathom that some songs are recorded with the intent of being instrumentals.

True...I guess I never accepted it as just an instrumental lol I just think it'd be cool to have it with lyrics or something. but good point