Friendly Fire / Papercuts (Singles Collection 2000-2023)

martinez

1 minute ago, OKCrew said:

Do you guys think it’s safe to assume that on the Double LP, each side will include 5 songs? So Side 1A starts with Crawling, Side 1B starts with In The End, Side 2A starts with One More Light, and Side 2B starts with New Divide?

We don't have to assume

Vinyl%20Track%20List.jpg?sw=550&sh=550&s

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, linkindan said:

Linkin Park, presented by Grey Daze

Not by a single chance. It is a common practice to release colour variants of vinyls. I’m surprised that there’s only a few variants tbh. Spiritbox did like 9 different variants with their latest EP and it was cool af

1 hour ago, Bambitt said:

Not by a single chance. It is a common practice to release colour variants of vinyls. I’m surprised that there’s only a few variants tbh. Spiritbox did like 9 different variants with their latest EP and it was cool af

Grey Daze = Cash Grab

Literally anyone else = Cool AF

25 minutes ago, linkindan said:

Grey Daze = Cash Grab

Literally anyone else = Cool AF

Selling 1000 variants of a vinyl months few months after Chester's death

Selling posters of Chester during his time in LP despite being a GD album

Implying that Chester wasn't happy with LP and his true band was GD

There are HUGE difference between what LP and GD have done.

Please, don't fucking compare 

Edited by bloodbath

38 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Selling 1000 variants of a vinyl months few months after Chester's death

Selling posters of Chester during his time in LP despite being a GD album

Implying that Chester wasn't happy with LP and his true band was GD

There are HUGE difference between what LP and GD have done.

Please, don't fucking compare 

AND selling posters and t-shirts with A PHOTO OF CHESTER THAT I TOOK WITHOUT MY PERMISSION 

Edited by wesleylpbr

I just had a silly thought: any chance this release was planned for late 2023?
This would make more sense for "This will be a good year for Linkin Park fans", and also the incorrect name, Singles Collection 2000-2023

I am completely pulling this out of my ass, so I am probably wrong...that being said, I got the feeling that the LP/Warner contract is ending soon and Warner wants to squeeze the cow as much as possible. AFAIK they renew the contract every 10 years or so. I have no idea what would happen if LP won't renew...there might be a shift in royalties, merch rights, distribution rights etc etc. as I said, no idea what would actually happen if they dont sign, but it fits my cow-milking theory.

Edited by Alexonlyalex

1 hour ago, Vinescence said:

This would make more sense for "This will be a good year for Linkin Park fans", and also the incorrect name, Singles Collection 2000-2023

Well, it doesn't sounds crazy. Wouldn't be the first time that some marketing campaign comes out late

58 minutes ago, Alexonlyalex said:

I am completely pulling this out of my ass, so I am probably wrong...that being said, I got the feeling that the LP/Warner contract is ending soon and Warner wants to squeeze the cow as much as possible. AFAIK they renew the contract every 10 years or so. I have no idea what would happen if LP won't renew...there might be a shift in royalties, merch rights, distribution rights etc etc. as I said, no idea what would actually happen if they dont sign, but it fits my cow-milking theory.

As mentioned here, the band probably renewed their contract for 5-album deal during OML era. If you count it chronologically;

- One More Light LIVE

- [HYBRID THEORY] 20

- METEORA 20

- Papercuts - Singles Collection 2000-2023

- ???

Who knows what would be the 5th release on this deal. Idk, it could be the final studio album, who knows.

M2M20th I think that's it for 20ths unfortunately....I think they are teasing the m2m already i.e the logo is the m2m logo also 20 years of m2m is 10 years of oml and the obvious 2027 is a long ways away tho 😆 

Edited by droppedjacobs

4 hours ago, Vinescence said:

I don't think so. 2023 was a good year for LP fans with Meteora20. I don't think wb would plan two "major" release in the same year, They only did that in 2003 and 2017 with a live album following studio album, and I think that was little different from this. Especially because meteora20 and papercuts have the same marketing strategy (new unreleased lp with chester) so wb would want a little time to pass between the two. I'm honestly surprised papercuts came so soon. The fact that the title says 2023 instead of 2024 I think is delibarate. These releases and their campaign are planned way in advance so they would have had the time to correct to 2024 if they wanted to imo. 

20 hours ago, droppedjacobs said:

M2M20th I think that's it for 20ths unfortunately....I think they are teasing the m2m already i.e the logo is the m2m logo also 20 years of m2m is 10 years of oml and the obvious 2027 is a long ways away tho 😆 

It would also be 15 years of 'Living Things', too.

17 hours ago, Sukotto said:

Let’s mock that up…

https://ibb.co/HHP7nw8 👀 

That looks so cool!

Something tells me they omitted 'The Hunting Party' for a reason. We know this year that the album is celebrating its 10th anniversary in June. Maybe they are planning something for the album.

Just something I was thinking about out loud.

About Friendly Fire :  after a couple more listens,  I appreciate the track a bit more, but it is definitely nothing spectacular IMO. 

One thing that bugs me is how the instrumental gets no space to breath. From second 1, Chester is singing over a nice but forgettable sonic background. Everything feels compressed into the typical mid-tempo verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus structure. Take the same melodic idea, the same guitar layers, the same synths, but play a bit more with the dynamics,  add some short but sweet instrumental parts, experiment a bit more, and I'd like the song a lot more.

Nothing against the "verse/chorus" thing in itself. But if you go for it, I feel the song need to have other highlights to really shine, and I don't see those highlights here.

5 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

About Friendly Fire :  after a couple more listens,  I appreciate the track a bit more, but it is definitely nothing spectacular IMO. 

One thing that bugs me is how the instrumental gets no space to breath. From second 1, Chester is singing over a nice but forgettable sonic background. Everything feels compressed into the typical mid-tempo verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus structure. Take the same melodic idea, the same guitar layers, the same synths, but play a bit more with the dynamics,  add some short but sweet instrumental parts, experiment a bit more, and I'd like the song a lot more.

Nothing against the "verse/chorus" thing in itself. But if you go for it, I feel the song need to have other highlights to really shine, and I don't see those highlights here.

an acoustic bridge segment divided into 2 sets where the rhythm guitar on the second set kicks in before going back to the last chorus would be cool.

Up to 7 vinyls now. That's not a good look when the band their entire career has been so meticulous about every single merch item and thing they put out. OML had what, 3? A normal and 2 others?

Looks very cash grabby to do something like that when you have the press and fans running wild about "unreleased song featuring Chester Bennington vocals" combined with the fact the band and label are both VERY aware the LP fans collect every single item with the band's name on it. The attention to detail here the band usually has on physical releases, including HT20 and M20, is just not there for this.

You need some degree of sensitivity when something with Chester comes out, for a billion reasons.

There are good aspects of this, of course - the Friendly Fire music video is fantastic. But who was really pushing/itching to do a release here? It sure doesn't look like the band, especially coming after Mike's comments about greatest hits collections. There are some personal notes from the band in this - you have to do SOME sort of press or statement when your name is on a release. But for something that comes out with their band's name on it, the attention to detail/care for this doesn't look even remotely comparable to anything the band has ever released previously. Even RECHARGED was significantly better.

27 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Up to 7 vinyls now. That's not a good look when the band their entire career has been so meticulous about every single merch item and thing they put out. OML had what, 3? A normal and 2 others?

Looks very cash grabby to do something like that when you have the press and fans running wild about "unreleased song featuring Chester Bennington vocals" combined with the fact the band and label are both VERY aware the LP fans collect every single item with the band's name on it. The attention to detail here the band usually has on physical releases, including HT20 and M20, is just not there for this.

You need some degree of sensitivity when something with Chester comes out, for a billion reasons.

There are good aspects of this, of course - the Friendly Fire music video is fantastic. But who was really pushing/itching to do a release here? It sure doesn't look like the band, especially coming after Mike's comments about greatest hits collections. There are some personal notes from the band in this - you have to do SOME sort of press or statement when your name is on a release. But for something that comes out with their band's name on it, the attention to detail/care for this doesn't look even remotely comparable to anything the band has ever released previously. Even RECHARGED was significantly better.

"and record companies killed me, try to force me to stray and obey" - Rakim 

We all know this is all on WR. they become fkin greedy with the successful of M20. maybe they're tired of waiting for the band to move forward and release new album, so instead of waiting, "Hey let's put out Greatest Hits album and releases tons of fkin variation vinyls, fans gonna dig it!".

that's how label works. but hey, they owned them. and the label has right for everything. unlike GD, which you all know.. 🫣🤑

The multiple versions of the same album in general is completely overdone right now and it needs to stop. TS is taking this to a whole new level with her upcoming album.

It's an insult to fans. There is no way arguing around it. Create one product that people want to buy. If you want to make bank, which is totally fine, make a package that is worth spending money on (like the anniversary bundles) but don't create the same product in different colors with the only goal to make people buy it multiple times. I don't know in which world this is acceptable from any artist.

And please don't start this "It'S aLl On ThE rEcOrD lAbEl" bullshit. LP was big enough to negotiate contractual terms in their favor, there is no way they are hostages of the record label (and they continuously repeated that they are very happy with their relationship with Warner anyway).

Edited by Coizu