Friendly Fire / Papercuts (Singles Collection 2000-2023)

martinez

1 hour ago, raptors661 said:

I think the high pitched vocal samples during the chorus is the single most obnoxious thing I've heard this band do. I almost skipped the track during my first listen. 

I listened to the entire discography yesterday and I had completely forgotten how annoying those vocals were, especially when you're playing the song loud. I also felt like skipping it when they started. I think the song is really good, Mike, blackbear and that other guy did great with it, but would be even better without those samples.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I listened to the entire discography yesterday and I had completely forgotten how annoying those vocals were, especially when you're playing the song loud. I also felt like skipping it when they started. I think the song is really good, Mike, blackbear and that other guy did great with it, but would be even better without those samples.

My issue is not the high pitched vocals, I like the song but i just can't imagine, now that we heard it, how can you leave out of the tracklist Friendly Fire and opt for SFN. FF is just too good for me 

34 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

My issue is not the high pitched vocals, I like the song but i just can't imagine, now that we heard it, how can you leave out of the tracklist Friendly Fire and opt for SFN. FF is just too good for me 

The band reworked on Friendly Fire recently (2023 I guess) even if we don't know to which extent it was changed. So we don't know what the 2017 version sounded like. According to the band this version sounds better.

36 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

I think Friendly Fire is just ok. Not awful, but nothing great. I can totally see why they would exclude it from an album, but there is indeed some pretty bad songs on One More Light. I'd say Friendly Fire is at least better than Halfway Right and Good Goodbye. Maybe Invisible too.

3 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

I think Friendly Fire is just ok. Not awful, but nothing great. I can totally see why they would exclude it from an album, but there is indeed some pretty bad songs on One More Light. I'd say Friendly Fire is at least better than Halfway Right and Good Goodbye. Maybe Invisible too.

I love HR, I love listening FF and HR back to back, they are complementary, that's the intimate/personal vibe that OML had in their intention. I love the album but GG, a good song, especially live, does not fit the vibe and Heavy would have been better without Kiiara (with all the due respect) 

Just now, Somebodyangry said:

Heavy would have been better without Kiiara (with all the due respect) 

Sometimes I forget that Heavy exists. Friendly Fire is better for sure. I agree that a version of Heavy without Kiiara could be more interesting than the album version.

1 hour ago, lpliveusername said:

Sorry For Now without Chipmunks s sounds so good check it out

I even replaced the album version w this one, I can't stand the original 

https://web.archive.org/web/20190803051221/https://instaud.io/3xeT

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

2 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Sometimes I forget that Heavy exists. Friendly Fire is better for sure. I agree that a version of Heavy without Kiiara could be more interesting than the album version.

I love the live version thery did, but the album version is too Chainsmokers wannabe. It's the only time I kinda agree with haters/detractors when they go "this is not Linkin Park". IO don't hate the song, it's sweet but should have been just Chester or Mike/Chester or Chester + someone who sounds less teen pop. Ilike Julia Micahels more on the song 

5 hours ago, lpliveusername said:

Im so bummed because I think the chorus, mikes verse, and the beat to good goodbye are pretty damn good. It’s the features that completely ruin it for me. Lazy, cringe inducing lyrics. If they had not been on the track and mikes live 2nd verse was put in their place, I’d love the song. Something about it is really catchy to me and it’s pretty different than what they’ve done before. 

Im reading all comments and you know what I think, stop crying. We all know OML was not the best album and from this time all songs sounds similar. I can bet if they make next album would be banger, but Chester not with us, so we never know how it could sounds. Im just happy to hear any old new song, because its someting extra, still hope we will get full songs from mtm/LT or AS which was not got through final cut.

4 hours ago, Hybrid1988 said:

Im so bummed because I think the chorus, mikes verse, and the beat to good goodbye are pretty damn good. It’s the features that completely ruin it for me. Lazy, cringe inducing lyrics. If they had not been on the track and mikes live 2nd verse was put in their place, I’d love the song. Something about it is really catchy to me and it’s pretty different than what they’ve done before. 

I like GG, just don’t like Stormzy, wish Mike used his demo verse which is really cool. But now that we have FF I just think that songs exactly represents the vibe of the record and the idea of personal and intimate song a lot more than GG does. GG could have been a MS/FM song or have a place on a record like LT. 

10 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Sorry For Now without Chipmunks s sounds so good check it out

I even replaced the album version w this one, I can't stand the original 

https://web.archive.org/web/20190803051221/https://instaud.io/3xeT

Hard to hear the guitar under the pitched vocal. Honestly didn’t know it was there until now. Nice edit!

3 hours ago, wenom1000 said:

Im reading all comments and you know what I think, stop crying. We all know OML was not the best album and from this time all songs sounds similar. I can bet if they make next album would be banger, but Chester not with us, so we never know how it could sounds. Im just happy to hear any old new song, because its someting extra, still hope we will get full songs from mtm/LT or AS which was not got through final cut.

We just want a new CLASSIC LP Record. No gimmick. just pure CLASSIC LINKIN PARK.

Doubt it but IF they release QWERTY as a single before the Papercuts release, they really should include the live version of the song:
1. QWERTY
2. QWERTY (Live version)

probably won't happen and then we have to wait for a streaming release of the live version to MAYBE be included in MTM20 or something, but a man can dream 😅

1 hour ago, LennyTobell said:

Doubt it but IF they release QWERTY as a single before the Papercuts release, they really should include the live version of the song:
1. QWERTY
2. QWERTY (Live version)

probably won't happen and then we have to wait for a streaming release of the live version to MAYBE be included in MTM20 or something, but a man can dream 😅

Yeah the live version is 1000 times better, the studio version is cool but is kinda toned down in energy

3 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

Yeah the live version is 1000 times better, the studio version is cool but is kinda toned down in energy

That's why Rick Rubin sucks. He ruined the song. I miss Don Gilmore so bad. Everything he touches turns into instant CLASSIC.

8 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

That's why Rick Rubin sucks. He ruined the song. I miss Don Gilmore so bad. Everything he touches turns into instant CLASSIC.

I love Rubin on ATS and MTM and even on LT (issue is mixing) but on QWERTY it's a mess

What would be really cool is a QWERTY release with a new video by Mark with studio footage from the MTM era. Imagine if they have even just a few clips of the band recording that one. And the band rehearsing it, there is definitely footage from Tokyo Zepp 2006 of that as Mark is backstage filming also pre-show there. The long version of LPTV has that clip. Mark has a tremendous talent with the video editing - I'd love to see what he could do with QWERTY.

Take the opportunity and put the live version out with it and put the Summer Sonic video on YouTube with that. Why not?

By the way - the band has that full Tokyo 2006 show as evidenced by the QWERTY, OSC, PMA, etc footage in that LPTV... we need that show so badly. Could be one of the best releases they've ever done if they put it out one day.

5 hours ago, LennyTobell said:

1. QWERTY
2. QWERTY (Live version)

Add "Grecian" in the single CD along with the live version and everyone will be happy.

Yes, the dream can go even further.