Friendly Fire / Papercuts (Singles Collection 2000-2023)

martinez

I don't even remember typing that honestly, but also I'm not here to be a top web whizz who knows every unspoken rule of the internet. I'm not like the most"internetly" smart or anything. I don't even participate in many other threads other than here. But no, I guess I don't normally like to be the one to post links in a thread like this, if there's not a good enough reason.

On 3/4/2024 at 12:55 PM, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

amazing response! i dont like to post links hahaha

I mean mocking like this isn't really necessary, but if it makes you feel better, no biggie i suppose.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

But no, I guess I don't normally like to be the one to post links in a thread like this, if there's not a good enough reason.

What reason is there that this thread would be any special to not post links yourself? Everyone can post links.

And it's recommended to provide actual sources to claims put in a discussion or else people might find different results when they search by themselves. And we end up discussing if it's the same result you've meant in the first place, when you could've cut this entire struggle short by just copy-pasting a link... Isn't that a good enough reason?

On 3/7/2024 at 1:30 PM, Rasputin 93 said:

What reason is there that this thread would be any special to not post links yourself? Everyone can post links.

And it's recommended to provide actual sources to claims put in a discussion or else people might find different results when they search by themselves. And we end up discussing if it's the same result you've meant in the first place, when you could've cut this entire struggle short by just copy-pasting a link... Isn't that a good enough reason?

I am aware of the significance of source provision.

I was concerned of getting banned if I did. Was not familiar with any link rules around here. Settled.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

1 hour ago, martinez said:

It's not in Germany only, Australia also have it and also describe it as exclusive to their store lol.

I'm talking about this - Click

The EMP bundle is exclusive because it comes with the hat. The link you posted is only the CD, which isn't available separately in other official stores.

9 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

The EMP bundle is exclusive because it comes with the hat. The link you posted is only the CD, which isn't available separately in other official stores.

Oh I forgot about the EMP bundle.

11 hours ago, martinez said:

It's not in Germany only, Australia also have it and also describe it as exclusive to their store lol.

that price, it's so expensive for single-track cd. 😭 love it but maybe not now.

On 3/13/2024 at 2:17 PM, martinez said:

Man, I would like to buy it, mainly because it's the only song from 'Papercuts' that was previously unreleased, but $14? Maybe if there was an extra song or two on the single, then maybe, but for 1 song? I don't know. It's an exclusive, so, maybe I could consider getting it.

Also, they say it's exclusive to Australia, but is it possible for it to be exported to the US?

Edit: It can be exported to ship to the US.

Edited by NJPLP

Here are official lyrics of FF, taken from the music video version with subtitles which was released by Warner on March 5. There are some mistakes on Linkinpedia that needs to be corrected.

Spoiler

Tell me the words I've forgotten
What we were fighting for
Starig right into the darkness
Through an empty open door

Can't put back what's been broken
Can't change the moment
We went too far

We're pullin' apart for no reason
We're pullin' a trigger in a useless war
And if we come back and go into the black (black)
What are we fighting for?

I was supposed to protect you
No matter what's to come
But somehow forgot when they told me
"We hurt the ones we love"

Can't change the moment
We went too far

And if we come back and go into the black
What are we fighting

It's just friendly fire, fire
Fire, fire

We're strangers in between the darkness
Diving underneath
I'll find you out on the horizon
We'll never be enemies

Can't change the moment
We went too far

What are we fighting

Fire, fire
Fire, fire
Fire, fire

On 3/12/2024 at 10:40 AM, Rasputin 93 said:

Interesting. This exact wording gets used on many other retailers, so I'd assume it's whatever was sent to them by Warner, yet neither Warner nor LP did promote it with such.

Probably. Ive seen a lot of other albums use that wording too. Maybe its a thing a certain company uses. I’d assume it’s the wording for some alternate official selling source of it, not sure which one. Though Warner is the main official one. I don’t know how any of that works though really, not an expert on that.

21 hours ago, martinez said:

Here are official lyrics of FF, taken from the music video version with subtitles which was released by Warner on March 5. There are some mistakes on Linkinpedia that needs to be corrected.

Reveal hidden contents

Tell me the words I've forgotten
What we were fighting for
Starig right into the darkness
Through an empty open door

Can't change the moment
We went too far

And if we come back and go into the black (black)

I was supposed to protect you
No matter what's to come
But somehow forgot when they told me
"We hurt the ones we love"

Can't change the moment
We went too far

What are we fighting

Fire, fire

We're strangers in between the darkness
Diving underneath
I'll find you out on the horizon
We'll never be enemies

Can't change the moment
We went too far

What are we fighting

Fire, fire
Fire, fire
Fire, fire

Might spend some of today to go through LP music again and remembering the dude and his unmatched musical ability. Happy birthday to Chester, today (20th)

Edited by IWillWalkAway

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder why no actual lengths of the songs have been listed in the tracklisting, do they usually wait to the release to put the lengths? I can’t remember if they waited with Meteora20. (I know we had the leaks though) Maybe it’s just they don’t need to cause everyone knows the songs and the lengths already, though. Still kind of odd not to include it in the info section.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

21 hours ago, LPsMart said:

Just saw on facebook that they promote the red and black splatter vinyl as "Bleed It Out" version. Hilarious

since March 2 already:

on papercuts.linkinpark.com about the vinyl edition names:

- "Numb" Sky Blue & Tangerine Splatter
- "Bleed It Out" Black/Red
- "Breaking The Habit" Bone White
- "Castle Of Glass" Milky Clear
- "Burn It Down" Smokey Grey

I'm glad that because of this spotify physical playlist was released we got Friendly Fire, the 4k of every video (BIO still missing) and people are talking about QWERTY.

I just wished that they made the tracklist special, martinez already pointed out that they just used the album version and didnt care about them having transitions to nowhere...

the video version of Castle Of Glass, which is the best version of the song remanins unreleased, it was the perfect opportunity to release that one too.

Im excited that we still have things to talk about, I hope that the on this release means something... like a rebirth, a message that there's still life for the band.

That’s just as goofy IMO. Like, sure, you don’t need to put too much work into a singles compilation, but what is the idea behind using the album versions when they won’t be cohesive? Compilations like this used to at least be cohesive to themselves, whether by using the single versions or new mixes that cut out the transitions. Is this some sort of Spotify backend thing where they need to be the album versions for tracking streams or something like that?