Friendly Fire / Papercuts (Singles Collection 2000-2023)

martinez

2 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

didnt know about Rock in Rio damn... totally awful! seems like their approach is to replace LP.

The label should take action. this is not a tribute its just an easy cashgrab.

They've paid for all the samplers they use in their live shows, so everything's legal, like it or not.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant samples. Anyway, if you use something like the Moscow intro to open your show, believe me that if they were doing that without paying anything, Warner would have noticed. We're not talking about an small underground tribute band.

7 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

I meant samples. Anyway, if you use something like the Moscow intro to open your show, believe me that if they were doing that without paying anything, Warner would have noticed. We're not talking about an small underground tribute band.

how did you know all about these information?

On 2/28/2024 at 10:16 AM, LPLStaff said:

The original mix of Lost is so strange compared to what the band released last year. Not sure how BIG it would have been on Meteora originally, but it definitely is a strong enough song to be on the original release.

I don’t actually think it’s the mix Andy did but actually rather the mastering in the deluxe CD Lost is the reason it sounds the way it does. Maybe they did it like that on purpose to make it stand out a little more as it is labeled “2002 mix”, or give it a more “demo” feel, or some other reason idk but it’s a possibility the actual mix itself could sound cleaner than the one on the Meteora20 CD. But we’ll never know that for sure, unless ITF they include it on a Meteora re-release again, and it actually sounds a little better.

50 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

I don't know about another countries, but in the European Union ones you have to pay royalties to the original owner if you include samples of other songs in your albums or play a cover for a live album. When it comes to simply playing live, as many bands do,it usually gets overlooked, because the band isn't gaining profits from something that isn't their "property". 

It would be quite reckless of them to publish a live show screaming at the world that they're using samples without have paid for them previously. 

PS: Correct me if I'm wrong, I am not an authority on this topic by any means. But what I mean to say is: Hold your superhero syndrome, Hybrid Theory isn't stealing anything from Linkin Park.

Edited by bloodbath

8 minutes ago, Plear said:

I’ve never really seen this discussed but how would you guys feel about the band returning but to play shows only? As in no new music but as a touring band maybe with guest vocalists or just Mike and having the crowd sing Chester’s parts? Might be kind of cool. I feel like this way fans wouldn’t be upset that Chester was being replaced as they wouldn’t be doing new music but we could still get LP shows. 

With LINKIN PARK shows moving forward, they will have every opportunity to dig deeper into their catalogs. Mike could revive the HIP-HOP medley, High Voltage in full, heck even majority of Reanimation because it's been re-imagined HT as hip-hop/electronica. Mr. Hahn can have 10 minutes of highlights with Rob Bourdon (probably Session). Bring Phoenix to showcase his cello skills or let him play the violin part of In Between. Each members have their own moment to shine.

2 minutes ago, Plear said:

Yes this would be nice. And anthems like Faint or In The End, Mike can do his parts and let the crowd sing Chester’s. Or if they have touring bands, maybe guest vocalist? Would be cool. There is a lot of stuff they could play with Mike as main frontman too. They also don’t need to do 2 hour + shows if they don’t want to. 

A tour is possible if only and ONLY if they make a comeback. A comeback tour means there should be a comeback album to promote. Unfortunately, for a comeback album, it needs to be a universal album where the music, the lyrics, the production should be catchy and anthemic with MS doing the lead vocals. It needs that familiarity of CLASSIC LP sound but also a bit of experimentation here and there.

2 hours ago, bloodbath said:

It would be quite reckless of them to publish a live show screaming at the world that they're using samples without have paid for them previously.

It happens. There are plenty of artists who got sued for not paying for the samples used in their songs. Black Eyed Peas, Jay-Z, Limp Bizkit, ...

29 minutes ago, RYG4R said:

A tour is possible if only and ONLY if they make a comeback. A comeback tour means there should be a comeback album to promote. Unfortunately, for a comeback album, it needs to be a universal album where the music, the lyrics, the production should be catchy and anthemic with MS doing the lead vocals. It needs that familiarity of CLASSIC LP sound but also a bit of experimentation here and there.

There are plenty of so called "legacy acts" who haven't released an album in over 10 years but still tour on a regular basis. You really only need to want to play shows, which Mike has stated that it's off the table for Linkin Park at the moment. The way things are going, it seems more likely for them to release new songs than to tour. Basically what Mike has been doing with his solo career, releasing random singles but playing no shows at all.

8 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

It happens. There are plenty of artists who got sued for not paying for the samples used in their songs. Black Eyed Peas, Jay-Z, Limp Bizkit, ...

There are plenty of so called "legacy acts" who haven't released an album in over 10 years but still tour on a regular basis. You really only need to want to play shows, which Mike has stated that it's off the table for Linkin Park at the moment. The way things are going, it seems more likely for them to release new songs than to tour. Basically what Mike has been doing with his solo career, releasing random singles but playing no shows at all.

Fair enough. Are bands supposed to comply their contracts? and part of that is that, every new song, you go on tour, promote the hell out of it. I know, we are currently living in a dystopian LP era because of what happened, so WB probably amended their contracts? or did I miss something?

10 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

I don’t actually think it’s the mix Andy did but actually rather the mastering in the deluxe CD Lost is the reason it sounds the way it does. Maybe they did it like that on purpose to make it stand out a little more as it is labeled “2002 mix”, or give it a more “demo” feel, or some other reason idk but it’s a possibility the actual mix itself could sound cleaner than the one on the Meteora20 CD. But we’ll never know that for sure, unless ITF they include it on a Meteora re-release again, and it actually sounds a little better.

No, Mike said the 2002 mix was also mastered in the same time when they mixed/mastered the album in 2002/2003. All 14 songs in the deluxe CD were mastered in 2002/2003. The 2022 version with different mix was mastered by the same person as 2002 mix. If not the different mix there will be very hard to tell the differences.

5 hours ago, martinez said:

No, Mike said the 2002 mix was also mastered in the same time when they mixed/mastered the album in 2002/2003. All 14 songs in the deluxe CD were mastered in 2002/2003. The 2022 version with different mix was mastered by the same person as 2002 mix. If not the different mix there will be very hard to tell the differences.

Is it actually said the Deluxe CD holds all the original 2002-2003 mastering?

Because from what I heard the songs were remastered with the release. Everything in Lost Demos was, so if no word on it, the original Meteora album and most else, at least studio tracks on Meteora20 probably were too. I don’t think LP has ever given their stuff “remastered” labels on re-issued remastered songs and things very often get remastered on a re-release.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

20 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Is it actually said the Deluxe CD holds all the original 2002-2003 mastering?

I will say that again but differently: in the M20 3CDs deluxe version, the CD1 with Meteora album and the 2002 mix of Lost wasn't remixed or remastered.

24 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Because from what I heard the songs were remastered with the release. Everything in Lost Demos was, so if no word on it, the original Meteora album and most else, at least studio tracks on Meteora20 probably were too. I don’t think LP has ever given their stuff “remastered” labels on re-issued remastered songs and things very often get remastered on a re-release.

Re-mastering is when something was mastered before.

All tracks from the "Lost Demos" (including the 2022 mix of Lost) were mastered for the first time in the year of 2022. They were not mastered before. Is that a satisfying answer?

1 hour ago, martinez said:

I will say that again but differently: in the M20 3CDs deluxe version, the CD1 with Meteora album and the 2002 mix of Lost wasn't remixed or remastered.

Re-mastering is when something was mastered before.

All tracks from the "Lost Demos" (including the 2022 mix of Lost) were mastered for the first time in the year of 2022. They were not mastered before. Is that a satisfying answer?

Yes I’m aware of what remastering means. A little mistake on my behalf, I know the Lost demos 2-14 were not mastered before, I just forgot to specify that. My bad

There are numerous sales I have now seen of the 3CD stating the album has been digitally remastered on that release. So that answers that.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

21 hours ago, RYG4R said:

They just mentioned it in an interview about their show in Rock In Rio (in Portuguese). They mentioned when they get booked for a show these fees are negotiated in a way that the event producer runs with them.

5 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Yes I’m aware of what remastering means. A little mistake on my behalf, I know the Lost demos 2-14 were not mastered before, I just forgot to specify that. My bad

There are numerous sales I have now seen of the 3CD stating the album has been digitally remastered on that release. So that answers that.

you mean this type of posts?

Linkin Park 'Meteora' (20th Anniversary Edition) 3CD Deluxe - NEW & SEALED 93624880974 | eBay

On 2/22/2024 at 6:13 AM, martinez said:

Reminder that if you post or ask for links you'll get banned. This includes posts asking for PMs here.

A brand new song "Friendly Fire", realised during the OML album sessions is released this Friday. The song is also part of the album "Papercuts" which is a compilation of the singles the band released from 2000 to 2023. The album will be released digitally and physically on April 12, 2024.

"Papercuts" album tracklist:

01.Crawling
02.Faint
03.Numb/Encore
04.Papercut
05.Breaking The Habit
06.In The End
07.Bleed It Out
08.Somewhere I Belong
09.Waiting For The End
10.Castle Of Glass
11.One More Light
12.Burn It Down
13.What I’ve Done
14.QWERTY
15.One Step Closer
16.New Divide
17.Leave Out All The Rest
18.Lost
19.Numb
20.Friendly Fire

What do you think about the new song?

Source: Apple Music/Qobuz | HQ cover: album

I wonder if we will get a download link on this site for it....

3 hours ago, yagamilight207 said:

The release I’m referring to yeah, CD version of Meteora 20. But no that one doesn’t say remastered in the description. A handful of sales I’ve seen do though.

What they say specifically “Deluxe three CD edition. Digitally remastered and expanded 20th Anniversary.” A lot of artist rereleases say those same words for remastered albums.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

6 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

The release I’m referring to yeah, CD version of Meteora 20. But no that one doesn’t say remastered in the description. A handful of sales I’ve seen do though.

What they say specifically “Deluxe three CD edition. Digitally remastered and expanded 20th Anniversary.” A lot of artist rereleases say those same words for remastered albums.

if you have the picture or link to the sales mentioned Meteora is indeed remastered, please put it here so that we can take your word for it.  As above you only mentioned that you heard.

Everything will stay hearsay unless proven otherwise.

as Martinez have mentioned, all the tracks for CD1 is repackaged as it is, including the 2002 Mix which was mastered by Andy Wallace at the same time as all the Meteora tracks.

On 3/3/2024 at 7:15 AM, yagamilight207 said:

if you have the picture or link to the sales mentioned Meteora is indeed remastered, please put it here so that we can take your word for it.  As above you only mentioned that you heard.

Everything will stay hearsay unless proven otherwise.

as Martinez have mentioned, all the tracks for CD1 is repackaged as it is, including the 2002 Mix which was mastered by Andy Wallace at the same time as all the Meteora tracks.

Meteora “digitally remastered”

^

In a web search and you’ll find them.

No not saying they haven’t been mixed again, all songs on CD1 are still 2002 mixes by Andy Wallace. Mastering is by Brian “Big Bass” Gardner.

Edited by IWillWalkAway