Friendly Fire / Papercuts (Singles Collection 2000-2023)

martinez

16 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Even more frustrating after all the mess that was the Hybrid Theory 20th anniversary box set. You'd think they learned something from that, but it's pretty obvious they didn't.

Nah, Imagine spending 200 bucks on a boxset, and then having songs cut, DVDs swapped... This is just a regular 10 bucks CD that half of us will buy when it's on offer

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Nah, Imagine spending 200 bucks on a boxset, and then having songs cut, DVDs swapped... This is just a regular 10 bucks CD that half of us will buy when it's on offer

As a customer, you shouldn't accept this in any way. Regardless of how much you spent on the product. CD isn't the only format for this album. They're selling various vinyl variations which cost a lot more than "10 bucks". Add shipping costs and (if you're from a different country) customs charges to that. And keep in mind that not everyone lives in the US. Paying in dollar can get pretty expensive.

Anyway, can't wait for Linkin Park to comeback with a female singer and release their first studio album of this new era with parts of songs missing or with the wrong songs included in the album.

11 hours ago, martinez said:

09.Waiting For The End (03:51)

- fixed with 2010 version
 - additionally it contains small fade out at the end, right before the transition to Blackout, after the fade out the rest of the track (400-500 milliseconds) was cut
 - new quality: 24-bit/44.1kHz

With "Waiting For The End", the version initially on "Papercuts" before this was the 2012 one, right? I don't have any edits of that 2012 version w/ the different vocal effects, how many of those exist?

14 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

It seems like all are correct versions except the What I've Done intro now, right?

Except What I've Done single version. It has an album version again but modified. I don't know why is that? They can't find the single version of it? I have the CD single of WID I can send it to them. I would love to have the single version of it on streaming platforms in the WID digital single.

14 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

Yes it's a mix of album/single but for example some of the album versions ARE the singles versions.

Yes.

Just want to point out how easily sometimes they can make a single version of the album song. Here's an example: Leave Out All The Rest - they didn't even have to mastered it again, all they did, they took already mastered album version and cut the outro to BIO and that's all. The same they did for the new Papercuts edition, they took 24-bit 2012 master (yes it's the 2012 remastered version, also Justin Smith is credited as a masterer) and they just edit it and remove the outro for BIO, without mixing it or remastering it.

9 hours ago, minuteforce said:

With "Waiting For The End", the version initially on "Papercuts" before this was the 2012 one, right? I don't have any edits of that 2012 version w/ the different vocal effects, how many of those exist?

Yes. The 2012 version is available in all of those releases:

A Thousand Suns (Apple Digital Master + 24-bit) [Clean] // {15tr, 093624949305} link

Studio Collection 2000-2012 (Apple Digital Master + 24-bit) // {84tr, 093624945765} link

A Thousand Suns (Deluxe Edition) (Apple Digital Master + 24-bit) [Clean] // {18tr + Blackbirds, TC video, WFTE video, 093624948933} link
A Thousand Suns (Deluxe Edition) (Apple Digital Master + 24-bit) // {18tr + Blackbirds, TC video, WFTE video, 093624948940} link
A Thousand Suns (Apple Digital Master + 24-bit) [Explicit] // {15tr, 093624949312} link

Besides the deluxe editions (which are available only on iTunes) all other are available on various digital platforms. If you are looking for any specific platform, I can help to find it. It might be the last time to legally get it because they will be fixing it soon in those releases too.

10 hours ago, minuteforce said:

I think the 2012 version it's on the physical release too. 

On 5/8/2024 at 11:32 PM, martinez said:

Besides the deluxe editions (which are available only on iTunes) all other are available on various digital platforms. If you are looking for any specific platform, I can help to find it. It might be the last time to legally get it because they will be fixing it soon in those releases too.

I buy off Qobuz so I'd like to know which edition there would have it

9 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Question: Is there any way to tell apart the CD versions that contains LOATR single version and album version? Something like a barcode. I'd like to have the former since it's 10/11 seconds shorter

If the back cover says "Made in Germany" it will contain the single version of LOATR. https://lpcatalog.com/item/2024_papercuts/cd/0093624846017_de