Friendly Fire / Papercuts (Singles Collection 2000-2023)

martinez

15 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

Isn't it a bit sad how we hype so much for a new release, then 1 week after it's realeased the magic is gone? It's a bittersweet feeling, like i'm taking things for granted.

Best example of this was Pictureboard, i think. 2 decades craving for it, and after the release it all just gets behind like it never happened or meant much.

I was thinking the exact same, there's this tendency of burning the hype for something too quickly, like, people going crazy over FF or Pictureboard and then the 2 songs come out and it's all over after a week. Like, we got a lot of holy grails in the last 4 years, shit! I'm so happy to have FF, Lost, FM and MTV, plus Healing Foot and Massive. We got an EP of songs with vocals in a year, I am still blown away

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

Isn't it a bit sad how we hype so much for a new release, then 1 week after it's realeased the magic is gone? It's a bittersweet feeling, like i'm taking things for granted.

Best example of this was Pictureboard, i think. 2 decades craving for it, and after the release it all just gets behind like it never happened or meant much.

Yeah I was just thinking about this listening to Healing Foot.  I feel like it's hardly talked about for being something people talked about so long.

Wish we could just talk about the songs themselves for a little bit longer like the LPA "one song at a time" thread from a few years ago. I want to talk about the lyrics, chord progressions, what works what doesn't etc. Everything from M20 is still so interesting to me a year later. 

3 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

FF crossed 6M on Spotify, pretty good. 30/40 milllions are kinda an easy target 

So far the song has been performing similar to Fighting Myself, maybe a little better. Fighting myself is close to 60 millions after less then a year. I think we can expect Friendly fire to close 2024 with around 50 millions if it keeps going well

7 hours ago, vinifeijo said:

6 hours ago, Somebodyangry said:

I was thinking the exact same, there's this tendency of burning the hype for something too quickly, like, people going crazy over FF or Pictureboard and then the 2 songs come out and it's all over after a week. Like, we got a lot of holy grails in the last 4 years, shit! I'm so happy to have FF, Lost, FM and MTV, plus Healing Foot and Massive. We got an EP of songs with vocals in a year, I am still blown away

4 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

Yeah I was just thinking about this listening to Healing Foot.  I feel like it's hardly talked about for being something people talked about so long.

Wish we could just talk about the songs themselves for a little bit longer like the LPA "one song at a time" thread from a few years ago. I want to talk about the lyrics, chord progressions, what works what doesn't etc. Everything from M20 is still so interesting to me a year later. 

Satisfaction is the death of desire

Whats wierd is the lack of promotional interviews etc. regarding Papercuts. Or are there some new articles etc.? I have been busy this week so I might be out of loop

9 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

Whats wierd is the lack of promotional interviews etc. regarding Papercuts. Or are there some new articles etc.? I have been busy this week so I might be out of loop

maybe because it's a compilation/greatest hits album? not really a "new" album to them? unlike M20, it's celebrating 20th anniversary, they were really proud and hype bout it. besides, the band wasnt really into this compilation. 

8 hours ago, ScottiePippo said:

So far the song has been performing similar to Fighting Myself, maybe a little better. Fighting myself is close to 60 millions after less then a year. I think we can expect Friendly fire to close 2024 with around 50 millions if it keeps going well

Let’s hope so ! 

37 minutes ago, Stranger said:

maybe because it's a compilation/greatest hits album? not really a "new" album to them? unlike M20, it's celebrating 20th anniversary, they were really proud and hype bout it. besides, the band wasnt really into this compilation. 

yeah, it might be. Id expect a little bit more regarding FF or even QWERTY. 

43 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

yeah, it might be. Id expect a little bit more regarding FF or even QWERTY. 

true! because FF is a brand new vault song and QWERTY is fan-club exclusive track. cant wait for people to hear QWERTY for the first time.

25 minutes ago, Stranger said:

true! because FF is a brand new vault song and QWERTY is fan-club exclusive track. cant wait for people to hear QWERTY for the first time.

there might be a little bit more once the whole compilation is released, at least I hope

2 hours ago, Stranger said:

Imagine someone who is a casual fan and discovers FF and QWERTY hearing them side by side 😂😂😂 delicate bittersweet pop song about the nonsense of arguing and going mad about little things and then BEHIND YOUR LIIIIIIIIIES WHAA blows up on your face 😂

16 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

Imagine someone who is a casual fan and discovers FF and QWERTY hearing them side by side 😂😂😂 delicate bittersweet pop song about the nonsense of arguing and going mad about little things and then BEHIND YOUR LIIIIIIIIIES WHAA blows up on your face 😂

hahahah! it will blown their minds! even for hardcore fans, listening QWERTY on streaming platform surely gonna be different vibes! 

hopefully, they releases "QWERTY (Official Music Video)" on the release day. 

On reddit there are many question about what version of Qwerty will be here on Papercuts, you can point the link to this post on reddit to anyone who have that question. I already confirmed that there will be no any changes on Qwerty but, since there are two versions of it I will just point out which version will be on Papercuts and the answer is the 2008 version. We can called it like that because there was only one release with it which came in 2008 which was "Songs From The underground" CD released worlwide outside the LPU fanclub. Here are the differences between the LPU 6.0 version and 2008 version:

LPU 6.0

- the length is 3:21

- at the beginning it contains transition from 'Announcement Service Public'

2008 version

- length is 3:23

- no transition from 'Announcement Service Public'

- plus one and half seconds of silence at the end

5 hours ago, Stranger said:

hahahah! it will blown their minds! even for hardcore fans, listening QWERTY on streaming platform surely gonna be different vibes! 

hopefully, they releases "QWERTY (Official Music Video)" on the release day. 

Yeah hope so 

11 hours ago, Bambitt said:

I think it's pretty telling, based on Mike's comments that he didn't really want to do a greatest hits and this, that the band isn't in love with this release. I'm sure releasing Friendly Fire was cool for them but they haven't ever seemed like the band to want to do a greatest hits release. They are always looking forward, not backward.

2 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

I think it's pretty telling, based on Mike's comments that he didn't really want to do a greatest hits and this, that the band isn't in love with this release. I'm sure releasing Friendly Fire was cool for them but they haven't ever seemed like the band to want to do a greatest hits release. They are always looking forward, not backward.

True, true. Hopefully we’ll get some info regarding looking or even moving forward. 

6 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

FF will debut #1 in the billboard rock and alternative airplay chart. LP still big as fuck 

This is a sign that LINKIN PARK is still missed by many. A comeback album would be even bigger if the time is right.

P.S. - What will going to happen to the HYBRID THEORY band when the real, legit LINKIN PARK comes back? 

Why can't a tribute band exist at the same time as a normal band? Metallica's tribute band Hardwired follows the Metallica tour around and even plays the same cities the night before the Metallica shows. It's genius. 

5 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Why can't a tribute band exist at the same time as a normal band? Metallica's tribute band Hardwired follows the Metallica tour around and even plays the same cities the night before the Metallica shows. It's genius. 

I dislike bands that dont have the approval of the actual band. the HT fake band is already playin in arenas and festivals,thats messed up.

i dont mind cover bands playing clubs.

1 minute ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

I dislike bands that dont have the approval of the actual band. the HT fake band is already playin in arenas and festivals,thats messed up.

i dont mind cover bands playing clubs.

Totally messed up. I can't believe that they are booked for Rock in Rio for festival show.

1 hour ago, RYG4R said:

Totally messed up. I can't believe that they are booked for Rock in Rio for festival show.

didnt know about Rock in Rio damn... totally awful! seems like their approach is to replace LP.

The label should take action. this is not a tribute its just an easy cashgrab.

3 hours ago, RYG4R said:

This is a sign that LINKIN PARK is still missed by many. A comeback album would be even bigger if the time is right.

P.S. - What will going to happen to the HYBRID THEORY band when the real, legit LINKIN PARK comes back? 

Well, Queen came back with Adam Lambert and their tributes are still touring around, hasn't been a problem so far.

Tributes when they perform at a such large level they pay copyright holders, so that's a fair use of a creative piece. I'm pretty sure nobody ask Mozart if they could perform his pieces everywhere in the world for centuries to come, yet nobody waited for him to be dead to play his music, you know? I think the 70s-90s did a huge disservice to music by enshrining the cult of personality. It's the same endless discussion with the band even getting back together... there will always be people moaning that Chester cannot be replaced, and that is the only way the band can sound, and otherwise they should not sound at all. Yet most bands change guitarists and drummers like shirts and nobody bats an eye.