Friendly Fire / Papercuts (Singles Collection 2000-2023)

martinez

2 minutes ago, Fleur de Lys said:

Very cool that they worked together on it.

I don't think it was just mixing. The distorted powerchords in the bridge/last chorus is not what they were going for with OML. Also, the huge drumfill before the last chorus.

I think they purposefully made it more rockband-esque. Even the intro with the organ-synth, I feel like it is more "rock" than the production that would have been on there in 2017... but it is, of course, just speculation. The song is only better for it imo, the band have a better idea of what they are now plus the OML-2010s-popsound is already dated.

yeah totally, like, the song probably went through some changes to make it iconic as it is, it's too good to be left out from the album. Almost "Primo" level 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Somebodyangry said:

There's this weird situation where the song is amazing, the video is incredible but the artwork is awful lol  

it's not tally at all. i'm not sure what's the direction that Frank Maddock heading but he surely know what he did was right. maybe not for us but for the company he worked for. 

14 minutes ago, Stranger said:

it's not tally at all. i'm not sure what's the direction that Frank Maddock heading but he surely know what he did was right. maybe not for us but for the company he worked for. 

Yeah they knew what they were going for, but I'm honestly not a fan of that kinda LPU artwork for an official release, but it's a minor complaint since we got an amazing song and video + QWERTY on stereaming  

2 hours ago, Stranger said:

That's the thing, high-end professional graphic artists know where the trends are going. They're probably deliberately going for something retro, Y2k style - which is both very in fashion plus it's the time of LP's commercial peak

2 hours ago, HT_lash said:

A video for QWERTY in the POA vibe would be great

Actually LP doesn't even have a qwerty video on their official channel, right? This could mean something huge for the song. I am happy that holy grail is getting more time in the sun. 

6 hours ago, Fleur de Lys said:

Very cool that they worked together on it.

I don't think it was just mixing. The distorted powerchords in the bridge/last chorus is not what they were going for with OML. Also, the huge drumfill before the last chorus.

I think they purposefully made it more rockband-esque. Even the intro with the organ-synth, I feel like it is more "rock" than the production that would have been on there in 2017... but it is, of course, just speculation. The song is only better for it imo, the band have a better idea of what they are now plus the OML-2010s-popsound is already dated.

I'm very surprised to see this quote because to me, everything on this track sounds like it could've been from OML. I'd love to hear the original demo now and compare, I bet it's gonna be really small stuff like an extra bar of intro sounds they cut out, a change in the way the vocals are layered or something we'll have to really listen for. I'd be surprised if any entire drum fill or any instrument really was recorded just for this release. 

18 minutes ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

dude this is the best idea!

I agree. I think the song and video for FF is beautiful and truly moving... and for QWERTY I hope they find the appropriate footage for us to just rock the fuck out. 

3 minutes ago, Justin said:

I agree. I think the song and video for FF is beautiful and truly moving... and for QWERTY I hope they find the appropriate footage for us to just rock the fuck out. 

It would be really wild if they had some more MTM studio footage of recording QWERTY and the like (hanging out at Lauren Canyon) and used that.

20 hours ago, Rasputin 93 said:

How do you see this?

8 hours ago, minuteforce said:

Did you come to this conclusion because these tracks aren't available in hi-res yet? I'm a bit confused

Both tracks are newly registered in 2024, which i believe the reason of that is they didn't have those in hi-res, so they had to export them to that quality and mastered them. So that would be probably the reason.

The video for FF was awesome, now I'm itching to see the footage for songs that we really got no insight into like Halfway Right or NCSM. I could just sit and listen to them talk about it for hours

Some info for you.

The scene in the FF video are not new. Well, alot of it.

I've watched the scence before somewhere, ends with chester talking about what he wants OML to become if memory serves correct.

im going to go try finding it

Edited by Subs

Do you guys think it’s safe to assume that on the Double LP, each side will include 5 songs? So Side 1A starts with Crawling, Side 1B starts with In The End, Side 2A starts with One More Light, and Side 2B starts with New Divide?