And I'll never break away (Can't free)
Cause when I'm alone

[Chorus: Chester Bennington]
I'm lost
These memories
Leaving behind my own illusion

A few fixes:

In these memories

Mike said Can't break free, if you listen closely, you can make out the word break

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

Here are the lyrics from the snippet: 

[Verse: Chester Bennington]
And I'll never break away (Can't free)
Cause when I'm alone

[Chorus: Chester Bennington]
I'm lost
These memories
Leaving behind my own illusion

i had a feeling they’d be different than what we heard, though who knows maybe those lyrics we heard are the bridge or something who knows. I’m betting this was probably the song they had to rewrite 97 times, as Chester said in the DVD.

Cant wait to hear this gem. Holy fuck.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

2 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

i had a feeling they’d be different than what we heard, though who knows maybe those lyrics we heard are the bridge or something who knows.

If not, then I'm thinking the TTAMP line is the chorus for the 2002 Mix. I'm just wondering why the WM store didn't list the 2002 Mix on the box set, the absence of it is the only difference between what Martinez leaked here last month and what the WM store listed. Hopefully when the page officially goes up this time it gets included. 

Just now, LPxDBZ said:

If not, then I'm thinking the TTAMP line is the chorus for the 2002 Mix. I'm just wondering why the WM store didn't list the 2002 Mix on the box set, the absence of it is the only difference between what Martinez leaked here last month and what the WM store listed. Hopefully when the page officially goes up this time it gets included. 

Let’s hope so! I’d love to hear a 2002 mix of it too. Sounds like this version we’re hearing is the official “2003” Mix (remastered), because goddamn it sounds like a Meteora album track.

5 minutes ago, LPxDBZ said:

Martinez said that what he leaked was a digital tracklist if I remember right. Basically Lost 2002 mix may not be part of the physical box set but possibly with the digital release on services like Spotify, iTunes etc. Although that is not confirmed either. Hopefully it will be 

4 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

i had a feeling they’d be different than what we heard, though who knows maybe those lyrics we heard are the bridge or something who knows.

Personaly, I don´t think it´s a bridge or something. Here´s why I think that:

-First, the chord progression of the chorus of the teaser sounds the same as the chord progression from the clip from Making of;

-Second, the clip from the Making of sounds like a chorus and not like a bridge;

-Third, if you see carefuy the lyric sheet of TTAMP, you can see that the last word before the chorus looks like "alone" and the last word from the sentence before that looks like "away". The last word from the snippet of Lost before the chorus is "alone" and the last word from the sentence before is "away".

But again, its just my opinion, I could be totally wrong

1 hour ago, AJ93 said:

I am so ready to hear it on friday. we need to do lyric for Lost. Also, it doesn't sound like a demo. it really sounded like a finalized song.

Because they fully finished 15 Meteora songs. It isn’t a demo. It’s a legit complete song. 

2 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

Listened to it 2 times. Not gonna listen the snippet anymore.

In previous releases i kept hearing all the snnippets over and over and it kinda ruins the experience of hearing the full song first time.

Meanwhile, I can't stop, lol. It's too catchy. Heck, the lyrics I heard in the snippet are already stuck in my head, lol. Anyway, I can't wait to hear the full song on Friday.

Edited by NJPLP

Really excited to get the whole song. Preview sounds great. Can't wait for the rest.

The whole lp.com game was a mess though. They exchanged the tape we apparently found somehow (so the tiktok link) with a new link to the Lost preview now, so I assume the game is. The whole game was probably rearranged at one point to fit a different schedule and that's why it made no sense. There are a couple of resources left that were not used, I'll link them below, and I think the tape should have arrived through that package that we were supposed to pick up at the warehouse at Friday. That way the game would have made some more sense I think. Something must have gone wrong and they had to replan a lot of things.

https://www.linkinpark.com/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/9L7Cgr7o24aD.png Recovered package

https://www.linkinpark.com/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/s4rN5nrz1EPO.png - Thanks note, this one used to say Friday 6 AM in the beginning but the original files were deleted on the second update on Thursday and these new versions got added

https://www.linkinpark.com/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/51x7tlFj1t6A.png - Thanks note, but bigger (probably when you would have clicked on it)

https://www.linkinpark.com/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Mobil.png - PDA style phone

https://www.linkinpark.com/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/modal-7-postit.png - post it with all items crossed out (big)

https://www.linkinpark.com/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/Computer-7-Postit.png - same post it, bug small

https://www.linkinpark.com/sites/g/files/g2000015666/files/PHONE.png - iPhone, I would really have loved to see how that would fit into the game, but I guess we never find out.

5 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

Listened to it 2 times. Not gonna listen the snippet anymore.

In previous releases i kept hearing all the snnippets over and over and it kinda ruins the experience of hearing the full song first time.

Oh man, I shouldn't have done that.. now I'm afraid it'll be the same

43 minutes ago, xeroboi said:

Why was linkin park hiding this song for long?  

It's not that they were hiding it, on the Meteora DVD, they said they recorded like hundreds of songs and got rid of what didn't fit the Meteora album.  They never had a reason to release those tracks since they just kept recording new music.

On 2/2/2023 at 10:42 PM, AJ93 said:

They're gonnaa release one of the track from Lost Demos on February 9 or 10. allow me to show you the comparision dates on the next reply

HT:

One Step Closer: August 29, 2000 (Tuesday) (Lead single for HT original album)

She Couldn't: August 13, 2020 (Thursday) (Lead single for HT20)

--------------------------------------------------

Meteora:

Somewhere I Belong: February 24, 2003 (Monday) (Lead single for Meteora original album)

Unknown track: February 9, 2023 (Thursday) (Lead single for Meteora|20) (It's a what-if).

See any difference?

So I was right....

Then the second single could be one of the tracks from LPU Rarities 2.0 (M20thAE), which it could be released on:

March 3 (friday)

or

March 10 (friday)

or

March 17 (Friday). Just like they releassed ht20's second single In The End (Demo) on october 1, 2020 (a week before ht20' released october 9th, 2020)

Edited by AJ93

I am beyond hyped for this after hearing that new clip. This is a dream come true. Not only does this song sound relatable as hell to me, personally, because it sounds like it’s gonna be about feeling lost when you’re all alone. This has always been a way LP has always resonated with me. But THE INSTRUMENTAL is something else, and i’ve always been dying to hear it without Brad joking about touring in small vans and Chester mocking Brad’s signature XD. I cannot wait for Friday. That’ll probably be on repeat in my headphones on Spotify for a couple hours at least. Man, Chester was such a talented mf. I miss him so damn much.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

8 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Oh it's beautiful 

Definitely see why it was left off Meteora since it doesn't really sound like the rest of the album. But God damn does it sound great.

Exactly! Like if they continued their classic “sound” that def woulda probably been on the next record and a hit for sure!