Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

18 hours ago, arcyy57 said:

They've posted a music video teaser of Lost on their twitter! They're going in the AI direction and it'll be in a similar style to Breaking The Habit 

If the animation is 2004 made by the company that did animation for Kill Bil Vo. 1, I would love to see that 2004 animation style.

Good thing that Lost is not a demo, but a finalized song. I can't wait to listen and analyze the lyric. I hope we can find the lyric "TTTAMP" on Lost.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I figured out almost all the lyrics to the 2nd verse. Here's the lyrics:

[Verse 2: Chester Bennington with Mike Shinoda]

But I’m tired
I will always be afraid
Of the damage I’ve received
Broken promises they made
And I’ll [?] I believed
I will never break away (Can’t break free)
Cause when I’m alone

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by NJPLP

5 hours ago, NJPLP said:

I figured out almost all the lyrics to the 2nd verse. Here's the lyrics:

[Verse 2: Chester Bennington with Mike Shinoda]

But I’m tired
I will always be afraid
Of the damage I’ve received
Broken promises they made
And I’ll [?] I believed
I will never break away (Can’t break free)
Cause when I’m alone

Edit: Nevermind

Is this the same version that was featured in the Making of Meteora documentary in 2003? 

39 minutes ago, solidss said:

Is this the same version that was featured in the Making of Meteora documentary in 2003? 

It's almost the same. The only difference between what's on the sheet and what's in the finalized version is that the sheet had a demo chorus (TTTAMP) and the finalized version has a different chorus.

Edited by NJPLP

Has anyone seen the recent KROQ interview with him with him talking about "Lost"? I found some interesting information that he spoke about. He said this about "Lost": "Well, "Lost" was like, "Lost" at the time, if I remember right, it was a long time ago, so I think the vibe on that, there's, there's a vibe of, like, the, the inspiration for it was looking back on things that are, like, you get memories that you just sucked into. Right? And you get immersed in that nostalgia, or good feeling or bad feeling or whatever, in the case of this song, I think there was a bunch of not so good stuff, but, um, it's, but it's bittersweet, it's a mixed bag because there's good stuff in there too, like, no things aren't black and white or cut and dry and that's the complex, that's what I like about the song, the, the lyrics of the song, um, but it's also a song that, it was this close to being on the record. So, when you, when you make an album, you make, if you're gonna end up with 12 songs, you might have made 20 something songs more, and at some point, you put them in kind of an order of, like, this is, these are the best ones, and then from there it goes down, and the one right on the other side of the line was this song "Lost", and the only reason it didn't go on  is because it sounded, it had the same, like, intent in intensity as "Numb", and so we were like "Oh, we've already got that song, so we're gonna keep "Numb", we're gonna lose "Lost"."

He said this about "Fighting Myself": "There's a song called "Fighting Myself" in this batch as well and I always remember that song as having two verses and no chorus. That's as far as we got with it. And then our manager pulled out, found a copy of it, they're like "send it to me, like Mike, listen to this." And it had a chorus on it, and I was like "Wait, I don't remember doing this chorus. Do we have more, like where, where is that, what is that song? Do we have multi-tracks?", and he was like "I think we found them all" and he found the, the session with the multis. Um, they were like exports, so I brought, I got to take them in the computer and pick through what was there and we had the makings of a chorus that was like 90% done. To the listener, it's done. To me, I knew we had more further to go, but I was like "You know, I, I could like re-record some of my verses and make the lyrics better and improve the song or whatever", but yeah that's not what this is about, this is about, this is about 2003 or whatever."

Here's the video: 

Edited by NJPLP

Here's a breakdown of what I saw Lost Music Video:

-The White Rabbit (anime series)

But here's the important and interesting part:

-Live In Texas

-Breaking The Habit Music Video

-The Making Of Breaking The Habit (or is it called Behind The Scenes - Breaking The Habit)

-The Art Of Meteora

-The Making Of Meteora

-New Divide Music Video

-Somewhere I Belong Music Video

New Edit: Another Interesting part: at the end of the video, you'll see the band members like there's multiple stars, there's a reference of MTM Album alternative cover, just like this:

http://linkinpedia.com/images/2/2b/MTM_Alt_5.jpg

Edited by AJ93

The original “Lost” (2002 Mix) by Andy Wallace, who mixed Meteora is coming to the Deluxe CD. The version for the single is a 2023 official remaster by Mike, which is why it sounds so much like a fresh, awesome modern LP song, but keeping the general Meteora sound in it.

It’ll be really cool to hear the original mix too, we’ll get to hear what the song would sound like if released in 2003, and it’ll probably sound a lot more like the other album tracks.

(the instrumental heard in “Mike’s Shirt” and “Summer Sanitarium” is the 2002 Mix)

Edited by IWillWalkAway

26 minutes ago, EnhanX said:

Bye-bye TTAMP part :( We will not hear it, unfortunately

they talked about tttamp, its actually a lyric to Lost, but he changed it. that's what they said during discord. :(

Edited by AJ93

13 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

they talked about tttamp, its actually a lyric to Lost, but he changed it. that's what they said during discord. :(

It was actually the original demo bridge before they changed it to the final version we hear now. That's what Mike said on Discord during the Lost Q&A.

Edited by NJPLP

Mike basically confirmed Rob's drum track from The Making of Meteora will be on the box set. Mike was live on TikTok and played the clip of it from the documentary when asked about it, he said "you'll find out soon enough, maybe you should check out the Meteora box set".

This has been a "holy grail" for fans much like Pictureboard and Lost, I can't wait to finally hear all of it.