LPLStaff

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, AJ93 said:

I am so ready to hear it on friday. we need to do lyric for Lost. Also, it doesn't sound like a demo. it really sounded like a finalized song.

Here's what I got so far

And I'll never break away

(Can't break free)

Cuz when I'm alone

Chorus:

I'm lost in these memories

Leaving behind my own illusion

4 minutes ago, arcyy57 said:

Here's what I got so far

And I'll never break away

(Can't break free)

Cuz when I'm alone

Chorus:

"I'm lost in these memories

Leaving behind my own illusion" - hook or chorus

guys, I'm suprissed that this is not really a demo, it really sounded like a finalized song . this would have been a hit-song if it was added to meteora original album back in 2003.

Edited by AJ93

9 hours ago, AJ93 said:

guys, I'm suprissed that this is not really a demo, it really is a finalized song . this would have been a hit-song if it was part of meteora back in 2003.

Sounds like the chorus tbh, we'll find out later

9 hours ago, BrandonR24 said:

I feel like this song would do good on the rock charts if they decided to do the single route. I'm assuming this will be kind of just a streaming drop or whatever right? 

Looks like it. They sent the download and streaming link specifically for Lost, I assume they're doing it similar to She Couldn't. 

5 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

guys, I'm suprissed that this is not really a demo, it really sounded like a finalized song . this would have been a hit-song if it was added to meteora original album back in 2003.

Chester did say the songs they left off Meteora were really good but were left off because they didn't fit the album.

1 minute ago, rqthomazini said:

Maybe “thoughts that take away” and “lost” are different songs?   Maybe “resolution” is not just a demo but another song?

so many emotions, goddd

It´s the same, the intrumental is the same. They just have different lyrics

13 minutes ago, arcyy57 said:

Perhaps it's two different tracks. I believe the 2002 mix is one with the chorus thoughts that take away my pride and this one is a more "recent" one 

A different mix doesn't mean that it's an alternative version.

The thoughts that take... I think that part might be the bridge because it sounds very intense.

19 minutes ago, jopevc said:

I´ll right away try to figure out what the guitar plays in the chorus so I can do a cover right after the release

At first sight it looks like the guitar tuning is Drop B, just like Don´t Stay and Nobody´s Listening. And I think I got the chord progression

Here are the lyrics from the snippet: 

[Verse: Chester Bennington with Mike Shinoda]
And I'll never break away (Can't break free)
Cause when I'm alone

[Chorus: Chester Bennington]

Edited by NJPLP

Firstly, wow, holy shit. Secondly, "thoughts that take away my pride" isn't the chorus. So, I wonder if it's the chorus for the 2002 Mix or if it does appear at another point in the song. I'm blown away, this is a fully finished song that just didn't make the cut for Meteora, and I can't believe we're FINALLY getting it after 20 years. 

Edited by LPxDBZ
grammar

1 minute ago, LPxDBZ said:

Firstly, wow, holy shit. Secondly, "thoughts that take away my pride" isn't the chorus. So, I'm wonder if it's the chorus for the 2002 Mix or if it does appear at another point in the song. I'm blown away, this is a fully finished song that just didn't make the cut for Meteora, and I can't believe we're FINALLY getting it after 20 years. 

And we'll get to hear the full song Friday! Can't wait!

Edited by NJPLP