• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

modal-proofs.png

at the bottom right, there's a date 2/05/03

I couldn't tell if the date is a concert in US or International, where they played/previewed the track Faint (just like the https://www.linkinpark.com/faint242).

Can anyone confirm if Linkin Park ever played a concert on this date 2/05/03 ?

The date is 2/25/03, not 2/05/03

Still, LP didn’t play live on either of those dates. 2/23/03 and 2/27/03 were their first concerts of 2003.

13 minutes ago, LPxDBZ said:

Maybe the "lost" package will be a cassette tape for the recorder? We still have to "Call M about the old spot" too, whatever that means. Still several updates left, I imagine. 

Probably only one or two updates left after this, actually. We’ve already had like 3 now.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Could the demo "Rhinocerous" had vocals at somepoint or maybe become one of the songs that reached the final process of the album? I was playing "Rhinocerous" on my guitar and I noticed something odd. This song has a guitar lead during the chorus, playing a melody. I went to see the tabs for all Meteora songs and demos, and none of them has something like that. A thought came to mind that maybe the guitar melody was done to be a guiding line for the future vocal melody on the chorus. But the song doesn´t have live drums, so...idk. What do you guys think?

37 minutes ago, jopevc said:

Could the demo "Rhinocerous" had vocals at somepoint or maybe become one of the songs that reached the final process of the album? I was playing "Rhinocerous" on my guitar and I noticed something odd. This song has a guitar lead during the chorus, playing a melody. I went to see the tabs for all Meteora songs and demos, and none of them has something like that. A thought came to mind that maybe the guitar melody was done to be a guiding line for the future vocal melody on the chorus. But the song doesn´t have live drums, so...idk. What do you guys think?

LP is very experimental, and do a wide variety of things and there’s a ton of songs that do things no other LP song does, so honestly it probably doesn’t have to do with vocals. It’s a possibility that it received vocals at one point.

My favorite early Meteora demos are “Halo”, “Soundtrack” and “Cumulus”. Wish those 3 had vocals too.

Another thing I’ve mentioned before, the demo “Cumulus” made it to the final process of the album recordings, as it’s on the song board at NRG. so clearly it’s got to be another unreleased song possibly with vocals we haven’t heard, and I think there’s a chance the final product became either “Fighting Myself” or “More The Victim”

Edited by IWillWalkAway

2 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

LP is very experimental, and do a wide variety of things and there’s a ton of songs that do things no other LP song does, so honestly it probably doesn’t have to do with vocals. It’s a possibility that it received vocals at one point.

My favorite early Meteora demo currently is tied between “Halo” and “Cumulus”. 

Another thing I’ve mentioned before, the demo “Cumulus” made it to the final process of the album recordings, as it’s on the song board at NRG. so clearly it’s got to be another unreleased song we haven’t heard, and I think there’s a chance the final product became either “Fighting Myself” or “More The Victim”

Hope your theory is right and we get to hear that, Cumulus is my favorite Meteora instrumental demo as well. Didn’t know that it actually got vocals, that’s a nice catch! 

11 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

@Capacity said if you click on the image on LPcatalogs site, it takes you to a SoundCloud…and it does, the account says Meteora2023 and the song has been deleted or is set to private by the account user…

It was the lying from you voicemail, https://soundcloud.com/meteora2023/lying_from_you_voicemail

Edited by Capacity

Lost, Fighting Myself, More The Victim, Massive, Healing Foot, A6 (Meteora|20 Demo), Cuidado (Lying From You Demo), Husky (Hit The Floor Demo), Interrogation (Easier To Run Demo), Faint (Meteora|20 Demo), Plaster 2 (Figure.09 Demo), Shifter (From The Inside Demo), Wesside, Resolution

Can anyone tell me why they add the "Meteora|20" for these 2 tracks (in bold)? Are they re-editing/re-do, or kinda like complete the unfinished tracks?

Also, comment down below on which of these tracks are: instrumental or with vocals (in your opinion). Or think of it as bet.

My bet is that Healing Foot, Husky, and Interrogation are instrumental tracks.

Edited by AJ93
without length

7 minutes ago, AJ93 said:

Lost [3:19]

Fighting Myself [3:21]

More The Victim [2:41]

Massive [3:08]

Healing Foot [3:31]

A6 (Meteora|20 Demo) [3:55]

Cuidado (Lying From You Demo) [3:18]

Husky (Hit The Floor Demo) [3:14]

Interrogation (Easier To Run Demo) [3:40]

Faint (Meteora|20 Demo) [3:56]

Plaster 2 (Figure.09 Demo) [2:57]

Shifter (From The Inside Demo) [3:25]

Wesside [3:14]

Resolution [4:37]

Can anyone tell me why they add the "Meteora|20" for these 2 tracks (in bold)? Are they re-editing/re-do, or kinda like complete the unfinished tracks?

Also, comment down below on which of these tracks are: instrumental or with vocals (in your opinion). Or think of it as bet.

Cause it isn't the ones on the lpu demo tracks 

1 hour ago, AJ93 said:

the simple reason is that iTunes and Apple Music require such wording for duplicate tracks now or they simply won’t host it on their channels.

2 hours ago, AJ93 said:

There are demos of both songs from LPU9 on the LPU Rarities disc. This is to differentiate from those versions.