Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

7 hours ago, rqthomazini said:

New snippet here we go y'all

https://vocaroo.com/1gl5Zamo57a8

It sounds like it's a part of the bridge based off the instrumental sounding exactly like the instrumental in the chorus from the other snippet/teaser. Anyways, here's the lyrics from this new snippet:

[Chester Bennington]

I try to keep this pain

Inside my mind

That'll never be alright

I-

It sounds like at the end, because it cuts off, that it most likely repeats again.

Edited by NJPLP

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone mentioned Meteora “sequels” to songs on Hybrid Theory so here’s my personal list on how I feel about which 13 songs are kind of “sequels” to HT tracks. This is split between some being more similar instrumentally and others more similar lyrically.

1 Papercut - Faint

2 One Step Closer - Figure.09

3 With You - Somewhere I Belong

4 Points of Authority - Hit The Floor

5 Crawling - Easier To Run

6 Runaway - Don’t Stay

7 By Myself - From The Inside

8 In The End - Lost

9 A Place For My Head - Lying From You

10 Forgotten - Nobody’s Listening

11 Cure For The Itch - Session

12 Pushing Me Away - Numb

13 My December - Breaking The Habit

Edited by IWillWalkAway

People, don't know if this was already debated, but when you click the album on the desk, it links to a wathever site to guess a secret word or password.

The correct answer is "shelf"...

Probably the name of an upcoming demo, maybe this will link us to the song in the next couple days, maybe... 🤔

7 minutes ago, mario8988 said:

People, don't know if this was already debated, but when you click the album on the desk, it links to a wathever site to guess a secret word or password.

The correct answer is "shelf"...

Probably the name of an upcoming demo, maybe this will link us to the song in the next couple days, maybe... 🤔

Yes, that actually was the first step of the game, but it's over now!

The song is called "Lost" and it will be out this Friday!

1 hour ago, thigolpbr said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASqUpH8y1sg&list=PL7VoPWKqmzfNxx0m62wHGenix0cDOngm3

Could it be that this material which is the "work progress" that will be on the 20th dvd? if it is, we won't have anything new so regarding the making of, of course we will have better quality though.

Maybe, it could be like the third Frat Party 

Lost has that sound to it that leans more toward Meteora but also sounds a bit like an MTM demo. It was probably early influence for the album, similar to the “Attached” demo. It’s strange though too because it also has a kind of Hybrid Theory singing style Chester does too. It’s like all three eras in one song.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

6 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Lost has that sound to it that leans more toward Meteora but also sounds a bit like an MTM demo. It was probably early influence for the album, similar to the “Attached” demo. It’s strange though too because it also has a kind of Hybrid Theory singing style Chester does too. It’s like all three eras in one song.

It reminds me a lot of “modern” LP too, some In my remains vibes 

56 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

49 minutes ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

I think it has all 7 of the studio album eras mixed into one song. It's a demo from the Meteora era, it has a kind of Hybrid Theory singing style that Chester does, as @IWillWalkAway mentioned, it has "In My Remains' vibes, as @STRANGELOVE92 mentioned, it sound a bit like a MTM demo, as @IWillWalkAway mentioned, it kind of also has a ATS singing style, similar to "Burning In The Skies", "Waiting For The End", or "Iridescent", in my opinion, it kind of also has a OML singing style, and it kind of also has "Until It's Gone" and "Final Masquerade" vibes too, in my opinion.

Edited by NJPLP

1 hour ago, STRANGELOVE92 said:

It’s interesting. I would say one reason it gives the modern LP vibes is because it’s been remastered for Meteora 20. I think we’ll also get to hear the original 2002 Mix too, which probably won’t be all too different. All Meteora tracks would probably sound a little like “modern” LP if remastered in 2023.

The music has changed throughout the years but it’s always been tied together with the same distinctive sound, so that’s probably why. I can easily recognize it as a Meteora-era track, because of how heavy the drums and guitar are but it gives some later vibes too in some of the leads we hear in there.

There’s a lot of keyboard sounds on Lost too, which makes it pretty interesting to listen too, especially for a Meteora track, where songs would usually be 5-8 percent keyboard.

1 hour ago, NJPLP said:

I think it has all 7 of the studio album eras mixed into one song.

That’s bold. I don’t know how much I think it sounds like later than MTM LP. I think ATS and on have a more “new” sound to them, electronically. Lost doesn’t really give me any THP or OML vibes.

In my opinion, Lost really does have the sound to a good late 90s-early 2000s rock song in the chorus as far as some of the keyboard sounds go, and the echo effect on the guitar, like some other tracks on Meteora have too, like BTH’s clean guitar.

Also, Lost does have 2 guitars in it. I wonder if Astat will eventually do a cover of it. I don’t know if he’s still doing covers, but he’s got the sound.

I’ve already figured out (I think) the guitar for Lost. The only problem is while I play guitar, I absolutely cannot write out guitar tabs but I’ll try to do my best to make it make sense.

(number are written in the order of string 6 to 1)

tuning: standard LP drop Csharp

song key: C Major

tempo: 105 4/4 time signature

D pwr chord (1,1,1,0,0,0) , F pwr chord (4,4,4,0,0,0) , C pwr chord (6,4,6, 0, 0, 0) G pwr chord (6,6,6, 0, 0, 0)

other guitar:

A octave (high) (0, 0, 8, 0, 11, 0)

I guess it’s played the same way as the octave guitar part on “Crawling” but this time never switches notes.

3 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Someone mentioned Meteora “sequels” to songs on Hybrid Theory so here’s my personal list on how I feel about which 13 songs are kind of “sequels” to HT tracks. This is split between some being more similar instrumentally and others more similar lyrically.

1 Papercut - Faint

2 One Step Closer - Figure.09

3 With You - Somewhere I Belong

4 Points of Authority - Hit The Floor

5 Crawling - Easier To Run

6 Runaway - Don’t Stay

7 By Myself - From The Inside

8 In The End - Lost

9 A Place For My Head - Lying From You

10 Forgotten - Nobody’s Listening

11 Cure For The Itch - Session

12 Pushing Me Away - Numb

13 My December - Breaking The Habit

That would be me mentioning Numb is a sequel to Pushing Me Away, along with the sequel topic I made.

Someone from Discord mentioned that Plaster 2 (Figure.09 Demo) is a sequel to Plaster (One Step Closer Demo).

1 hour ago, IWillWalkAway said:

That’s bold. I don’t know how much I think it sounds like later than MTM LP. I think ATS and on have a more “new” sound to them, electronically. Lost doesn’t really give me any THP or OML vibes.

In my opinion, Lost really does have the sound to a good late 90s-early 2000s rock song in the chorus as far as some of the keyboard sounds go, and the echo effect on the guitar, like some other tracks on Meteora have too, like BTH’s clean guitar.

Also, Lost does have 2 guitars in it. I wonder if Astat will eventually do a cover of it. I don’t know if he’s still doing covers, but he’s got the sound.

I’ve already figured out (I think) the guitar for Lost. The only problem is while I play guitar, I absolutely cannot write out guitar tabs but I’ll try to do my best to make it make sense.

(number are written in the order of string 6 to 1)

song key: C Major

tempo: 105 4/4 time signature

D pwr chord (1,1,1,0,0,0) , F pwr chord (4,4,4,0,0,0) , C pwr chord (6,4,6, 0, 0, 0) G pwr chord (6,6,6, 0, 0, 0)

other guitar:

A octave (high) (0, 0, 8, 0, 11, 0)

I guess it’s played the same way as the octave guitar part on “Crawling” but this time never switches notes.

@HFL377 mentioned that the song is in the key of B minor but he thought the guitars were tuned to Drop C#.

33 minutes ago, NJPLP said:

@HFL377 mentioned that the song is in the key of B minor but he thought the guitars were tuned to Drop C#.

The song “Lost” is in the key of C Major or A Minor. (Tuning is Drop C#) (Alternatively Drop B tuning could also work but it would mess up the quick slide effects between frets.) There’s a slide between D and F (measure 1 to 2) and G and D (measure 4 back to 1) I used software to isolate the guitar and that’s how I could really hear how it’s played. It’s actually the same progression as “Numb”, just different keys (frets).

Edited by IWillWalkAway

2 hours ago, IWillWalkAway said:

Okay so when I said the guitars maybe were in Drop B, I actually played that exact chord progression (but in Drop B). So I guess the only thing I got wrong was the tuning, and I wouldn´t be that wrong since they used Drop B tuning in Don´t Stay and Nobody´s Listening

6 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

The song “Lost” is in the key of C Major or A Minor. (Tuning is Drop C#) (Alternatively Drop B tuning could also work but it would mess up the quick slide effects between frets.) There’s a slide between D and F (measure 1 to 2) and G and D (measure 4 back to 1) I used software to isolate the guitar and that’s how I could really hear how it’s played. It’s actually the same progression as “Numb”, just different keys (frets).

What software did you used? I got the chord progression just by listening over and over and over again, possibly making me think the guitars were in Drop B XD

7 minutes ago, jopevc said:

Okay so when I said the guitars maybe were in Drop B, I actually played that exact chord progression (but in Drop B). So I guess the only thing I got wrong was the tuning, and I wouldn´t be that wrong since they used Drop B tuning in Don´t Stay and Nobody´s Listening

It’s actually not the same tuning as on Don’t Stay and Nobody’s Listening. That threw me off too because at first I thought it was. It’s the same tuning as Numb, Faint, Lying From You, etc. The low C (3rd measure of the chorus) is not a drop C 5th powerchord.

And to answer your question, I just used LALAL.ai online music isolating software. It’s free for previews of like 30secs. Not great, not terrible.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

14 minutes ago, IWillWalkAway said:

It’s actually not the same tuning as on Don’t Stay and Nobody’s Listening. That threw me off too because at first I thought it was. It’s the same tuning as Numb, Faint, Lying From You, etc. The low C (3rd measure of the chorus) is not a drop C 5th powerchord.

And to answer your question, I just used LALAL.ai online music isolating software. It’s free for previews of like 30secs. Not great, not terrible.

Yeah that low C was the note that was throwing me off! That note made me think that the guitars were not in Drop C#.

Thanks!

Edited by jopevc