What's After "Pictureboard"? Discussing Linkin Park's "Holy Grail" Cuts

LPLStaff

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

06. Rob's Meteora drum track

This one is it for me. Ever since I watched the LPTV episode for the very first time in... January(?) 2003 (imagine all the hype after so much time without any real new LP stuff!) I couldn't get it out of my head. To this day I catch myself humming the melody of this thing and I hope we'll get it with Meteora20 (which has to be a thing). For all I know it could be the same as "Thoughts That..." but however it may be, receiving this song will be a full circle kind of thing for me.

Pretty much all my holy grails are from the HT and Meteora days. So one down, one more to go ;).

9 hours ago, IntensityJS said:

August 7th, my question was the second one that day, about 1 hour 56mins in. He even pulled up the youtube link on stream.

Thank you, we must have missed the last 2 Q&A summaries, we'll get to them ASAP.

7 hours ago, lpplus said:

for me:
Summer Sonic 2006

Rock Am Ring 2007

and MSG 2008 proshot

Yeah those 3 are must-haves. Not sure if they filmed MSG 2008, LP didn't start filming every single show until the ATS era. But SS06 and RAR07 are ABSOLUTE must haves for release.

3 hours ago, Zoom said:

This was just a live show outro, maybe not a real track but again, Attached was used in that format in 2001 so you never know.

45 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

This one is it for me. Ever since I watched the LPTV episode for the very first time in... January(?) 2003 (imagine all the hype after so much time without any real new LP stuff!) I couldn't get it out of my head. To this day I catch myself humming the melody of this thing and I hope we'll get it with Meteora20 (which has to be a thing). For all I know it could be the same as "Thoughts That..." but however it may be, receiving this song will be a full circle kind of thing for me.

Pretty much all my holy grails are from the HT and Meteora days. So one down, one more to go ;).

That'd be great. Hopefully they do Meteora. HT20 is going to have to have very good sales for them to even consider it, most likely.

My top ones are probably:
1. Thoughts That Take Away My Pride

2. No Roads Left w/ Chester

3. In Between w/ Chester

4. Friendly Fire

5. Rob's Meteora drum track

If they have something with A-Six with vocals, that'd be great.

47 minutes ago, hahninator said:

That'd be great. Hopefully they do Meteora. HT20 is going to have to have very good sales for them to even consider it, most likely.

My top ones are probably:
1. Thoughts That Take Away My Pride

2. No Roads Left w/ Chester

3. In Between w/ Chester

4. Friendly Fire

5. Rob's Meteora drum track

Meteora is probably one of their most well known albums which is considered by many to be a classic. After MTM they lost a lot of their earlier fans. The first two albums are often in the run for best LP album by more casual people. Plus I think it would make a great package overall because there was a lot more stuff during that era.

Oh, and obviously "No Roads Left" with Chester  would be on my top 2 list, too.

I'm interested in acoustic versions of OML songs, since they talked so much about how the songs initially existed only as acoustic demos. Also whatever Mike's cowbell sound ended up on, as well as "Locked outside" since it made its way onto the board in that one photo along with friendly fire. 

1 hour ago, Trumtram said:

Meteora is probably one of their most well known albums which is considered by many to be a classic. After MTM they lost a lot of their earlier fans. The first two albums are often in the run for best LP album by more casual people. Plus I think it would make a great package overall because there was a lot more stuff during that era.

Oh, and obviously "No Roads Left" with Chester  would be on my top 2 list, too.

That’s a good point. They more than made up for any lost fans with MTM because MTM into New Divide was the peak of the band, they were bigger then than ever globally. More sold out shows on the MTM tour than any previous tour. 

Would love both a Meteora and MTM box set. 

16 minutes ago, YRQRM0 said:

I'm interested in acoustic versions of OML songs, since they talked so much about how the songs initially existed only as acoustic demos. Also whatever Mike's cowbell sound ended up on, as well as "Locked outside" since it made its way onto the board in that one photo along with friendly fire. 

I doubt there would be any ready to release demos. the ideas they had were probobly only recorded to remember the idea not really professionally with piano or guitar for wht I remember

MTM could be another one where the vault opens and a mountain of shit we don't have the slightest clue about falls out. Cartoonish amount of stuff could be on an MTM box set.

I also wonder if future hypothetical box sets would bundle in the live albums, like how HT20 includes Reanimation. You could throw in Live in Texas, maybe re-sequence the CD to include the LPU 3 tracks, and do the same for MTM and Road to Revolution. I wonder if the Meteora box would stretch as far as including Collision Course stuff - that might be too far removed from the era proper, though.

3 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Friendly Fire sounds like a cool song title but it will probably suck due to it being a song from OML sessions.

Meteora full b sides are a must have.

I thought you said WAYW was "fucking epic". If you love WAYW, you might also love Friendly Fire.

4 hours ago, gorast said:

MTM could be another one where the vault opens and a mountain of shit we don't have the slightest clue about falls out. Cartoonish amount of stuff could be on an MTM box set.

I also wonder if future hypothetical box sets would bundle in the live albums, like how HT20 includes Reanimation. You could throw in Live in Texas, maybe re-sequence the CD to include the LPU 3 tracks, and do the same for MTM and Road to Revolution. I wonder if the Meteora box would stretch as far as including Collision Course stuff - that might be too far removed from the era proper, though.

I wish them to do that, but since they haven't released shows on their complete form like Monterrey/Berlin 2012 when they had the chance (on bonus DVDs) I'm quite skeptikal 

17 hours ago, hahninator said:

Yeah those 3 are must-haves. Not sure if they filmed MSG 2008, LP didn't start filming every single show until the ATS era. But SS06 and RAR07 are ABSOLUTE must haves for release.

we have part of numb/encore in proshot.this was a special place and special time for the band.I'm pretty sure they have this one in proshot

Boxset of live Xero sets on CD and dvd along with a compilation CD of remaining Xero tracks from the vaults and any studio/home video footage they may have on another dvd coupled with a nice booklet featuring artwork pictures and more. Now that would be my grail lol 

Something that works in our favor is that HT, Meteora, and MTM are all 3 years apart. That's a long enough time IMO to keep releasing sets and going all out. If HT and Meteora droppped within a year and a half I'm not sure if they'd do all this for either one.

51 minutes ago, mattyice318 said:

Something that works in our favor is that HT, Meteora, and MTM are all 3 years apart. That's a long enough time IMO to keep releasing sets and going all out. If HT and Meteora droppped within a year and a half I'm not sure if they'd do all this for either one.

I agree but it also will have to do with new LP music.

If LP Album #8 drops in 2021, then Album #9 drops in May~ 2023, that's going to run right into Meteora. The band will have to strategically plan around it, although it honestly isn't even hard to do. You turn the album in and it comes out 5 months later, it's really easy to say "ok that will be 2 months" or "that'll be 6 months" in order to not drop the specific month before, of, or after the box sets. Seems easy enough to get around.

Great point about them being spaced so far apart that there is going to be enough of a demand for the next album's box set by then. Meteora has a chance to be absolutely insane, maybe even better than Hybrid Theory if we can believe that.

Live :

Pro shot of Reading My Eyes, Hit The Floor, My Own Summer and Nobody's Listening with the Standing In The Middle verse.

Studio:

Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, Rob Drum Demo Track, My December (DJ Crook Remix), The Meteora B-sides we know and Chicken Basket

2 hours ago, Diaux said:

Live :

Pro shot of Reading My Eyes, Hit The Floor, My Own Summer and Nobody's Listening with the Standing In The Middle verse.

Studio:

Thoughts That Take Away My Pride, Rob Drum Demo Track, My December (DJ Crook Remix), The Meteora B-sides we know and Chicken Basket

Proshot of Nobody's Listening with Xzibit. Any proshot with guests TBH.