What's After "Pictureboard"? Discussing Linkin Park's "Holy Grail" Cuts

LPLStaff

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, hahninator said:

I agree but it also will have to do with new LP music.

If LP Album #8 drops in 2021, then Album #9 drops in May~ 2023, that's going to run right into Meteora. The band will have to strategically plan around it, although it honestly isn't even hard to do. You turn the album in and it comes out 5 months later, it's really easy to say "ok that will be 2 months" or "that'll be 6 months" in order to not drop the specific month before, of, or after the box sets. Seems easy enough to get around.

Great point about them being spaced so far apart that there is going to be enough of a demand for the next album's box set by then. Meteora has a chance to be absolutely insane, maybe even better than Hybrid Theory if we can believe that.

I love the enthusiasm but I don’t think it’s safe to assume that we’ll get 2 new LP albums in 3 years from now... I mean it’d be great but who knows 😊

Maybe I'm just cynical but I feel that HT is so big idk if they can top it. I would love and hope Meteora's is even bigger, I just can't help but think that was a unique perfect storm. The reasonable pricing, Mike on stream daily in terms of fan interaction, the first real release since OML imo. There was every incentive and time to put the effort in to launch them back in the spotlight, i reallllllly hope that they take HT's 20th release as a blueprint - not an outlier

3 hours ago, mattyice318 said:

Maybe I'm just cynical but I feel that HT is so big idk if they can top it. I would love and hope Meteora's is even bigger, I just can't help but think that was a unique perfect storm. The reasonable pricing, Mike on stream daily in terms of fan interaction, the first real release since OML imo. There was every incentive and time to put the effort in to launch them back in the spotlight, i reallllllly hope that they take HT's 20th release as a blueprint - not an outlier

The reason that other box sets could potentially top it, in terms of hype for us as hardcore fans anyway, is that the Xero through HT eras are by far the eras with the least amount of completely unreleased and unheard material. There are songs, like the Thoughts That Take Away My Pride demo, that we’ve known about and wanted to hear since before we even knew about Pictureboard.

In terms of sales, though? This one and maybe a Meteora one would be the pinnacle. Casual LP fans aren’t going to rush out to buy a THP box set as fast as they are buying an HT one, obviously. That’s not even a knock on that album, it’s just that HT is seen as a huge milestone in music in general.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

The reason that other box sets could potentially top it, in terms of hype for us as hardcore fans anyway, is that the Xero through HT eras are by far the eras with the least amount of completely unreleased and unheard material. There are songs, like the Thoughts That Take Away My Pride demo, that we’ve known about and wanted to hear since before we even knew about Pictureboard.

In terms of sales, though? This one and maybe a Meteora one would be the pinnacle. Casual LP fans aren’t going to rush out to buy a THP box set as fast as they are buying an HT one, obviously. That’s not even a knock on that album, it’s just that HT is seen as a huge milestone in music in general.

I assume that for THP LT and OML we’ll get smaller bundles, like a re issue of the album with maybe a vynil and a cd with some demos and that’s all. It makes sense to me 

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

'Till The Wall Comes Down (OML sessions)
That's one of the best titles they've given to a song.

No Roads Left with Chester has to be the most awesome thing ever... i imagine vocals like In Pieces on the soft part and The Messenger on the chorus.

3 minutes ago, vinifeijo said:

'Till The Wall Comes Down (OML sessions)
That's one of the best titles they've given to a song.

No Roads Left with Chester has to be the most awesome thing ever... i imagine vocals like In Pieces on the soft part and The Messenger on the chorus.

I was more curious of 'Can We Go Back' and Can We Go Back II/The Future". 

21 hours ago, Justin said:

I agree 100%. I think Meteora is just as spectacular, but in terms of other albums I think they all kinda declined in popularity bit by bit. Not a knock, they were just larger than life 00-04. 

HT and Meteora are one of the best selling albums in the history by any artist so for sure they will do the most for them. But after MTM i dont think so. I mean yeah maybe we will get some unreleased demos whatsoever but casuals will not care that much to get it.

Edited by sordomuda

Cuidado

Nocturnal

Shifter

Fire in the City

Grecian

Left Right

Please Don't Eat My Cow

Starscream

UIB fourth demo

Killing Fields

Spirals

Glistening

I Hate the World Right Now

El Chopo

Sleepwalking

This Sin is My Home

Edited by Qadir69

Late to add this, but one of my holy grails is whatever STP material exists out there. I feel like we heard a few times that Chester was working on an album with them right? I'd love to hear any songs they had, the EP they did will always be something special in Chester's catalogue to me. 

1 hour ago, YRQRM0 said:

Late to add this, but one of my holy grails is whatever STP material exists out there. I feel like we heard a few times that Chester was working on an album with them right? I'd love to hear any songs they had, the EP they did will always be something special in Chester's catalogue to me. 

I think they've said about that that they didn't get to the point of Chester adding vocals, but I'm not certain about that. There very well might not be anything to unearth.