• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I copied the problem list for HT20 from LPCatalog and I got that answer:

"
Hello Grzegorz,

Thanks for your message.

Very sorry to hear that your order arrived damaged.

In order for us to look into this, please provide us with images of the damage to the item and we will investigate this for you.

We do apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused and we look forward to be hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

Oliver
Your Warner Music Customer Service Team"

I have the impression that we did not understand each other. How do I take photos of the replaced DVDs for example?

4 minutes ago, lostek815 said:

So, I copied the problem list for HT20 from LPCatalog and I got that answer:

"
Hello Grzegorz,

Thanks for your message.

Very sorry to hear that your order arrived damaged.

In order for us to look into this, please provide us with images of the damage to the item and we will investigate this for you.

We do apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused and we look forward to be hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

Oliver
Your Warner Music Customer Service Team"

I have the impression that we did not understand each other. How do I take photos of the replaced DVDs for example?

THAT is the problem we are dealing with at the moment. Warner doesn't seem to be able to/ not interested in trying to grasp the issues that present. Heck even I included the "error list" in my emails and got a generic mail in reply. Hence why I contacted Adam to see if that does anything.

1 hour ago, lostek815 said:

I took pictures and annotated everything with Skitch. It was a pain in the ass but maybe it helps that other person to actually try to understand it.

1. Be patient, we all are waiting for a reply from the label

2. Yest they know and yes they have seen every single error/issue/damage along with a decription and photos so they ARE aware what's going on. I'm talkign about the core management responsible for the HT20 release, not local folks who have no idea and are just sending copy-paste answers "you have the right to refund/exchange". So really no point of asking detailed questions because other than a refund (after you send them your box) I believe there is nothing they can do at the moment - again I'm talking about local people working at warner/or stores you have purchased the box in.

To be honest, the only thing I'm a bit bitter about is the trimmed version of Chair and Hurry, as the biggest reason I purchased the package was to satisfy my greed for an  "All HT stuff on Official CD" (well, minus Part of Me Demo and Fuse, obviously).

I know it's 2 instrumental demo's, nothing outstanding, but it's still 2 more tracks I'd have to look up somewhere else (which I'd be too lazy to do). 

Still happy with the product as a whole. 

25 minutes ago, Qwerty18 said:

To be honest, the only thing I'm a bit bitter about is the trimmed version of Chair and Hurry, as the biggest reason I purchased the package was to satisfy my greed for an  "All HT stuff on Official CD" (well, minus Part of Me Demo and Fuse, obviously).

I was thinking about that more today at work, Part of Me got screwed over twice on this release between the missing demo and Chair being trimmed. Has anyone determined if Part of Me is the only significantly different demo we are missing from this set? No others come to mind immediately

Edit: 2-Track Demo A Place for My Head

Edited by jFar920

5 hours ago, jFar920 said:

I was thinking about that more today at work, Part of Me got screwed over twice on this release between the missing demo and Chair being trimmed. Has anyone determined if Part of Me is the only significantly different demo we are missing from this set? No others come to mind immediately

Edit: 2-Track Demo A Place for My Head

Plaster, Dust Brothers, another APFMH, Part of Me with Chester screaming, Papercut demo, I'm sure there are more.

It comes down to what LP themselves want to release.

I want to let myself fantasize about how I would like to see the Hybrid Theory 2020 tracklist. It seems strange to me that something is left uncovered. It would be strange to release tracks from this era in the future, so I don't think the band will go back to that again. Therefore, we would like to see this release as the most complete. For me, grouping like in this release doesn't look very logical (it's logical, but I don't like it). I would do something like this (more like chapters).
Your attention:

Hybrid Theory:
1. Papercut
2. One Step Closer
3. With You
4. Points Of Authority
5. Crawling
6. Runaway
7. By Myself
8. In The End
9. A Place For My Head
10. Forgotten
11. Cure For The Itch
12. Pushing Me Away
13. High Voltage
14. My December

Hybrid Theory Live CD
(All live recordings from this era for each song, maybe including covers, I won't list them)

Hybrid Theory EP
1. Carousel  
2. Technique (Short)
3. Step Up
4. And One 
5. High Voltage
6. Part Of Me

Hybrid Theory Demos (From Hybrid Theory 9-track demo CD):

1. Untitled 
2. Points & Authority 
3. Super Zero 
4. Crawling 
5. Carousel 
6. Part Of Me 
7. Rhinestone 
8. Esaul

Alternative Demos/Versions:
1. Plaster (David Kahne mix)
2. Papercut (Hybrid Theory 6-track demo)
3. Crawling (Hybrid Theory 6-track demo)
4. Points of Authority (Hybrid Theory 6-track demo)
5. Dust Brothers (Hybrid Theory 6-track demo)
6. By Myself (Hybrid Theory Unmastered or Much Too Easy)
7. The Cure (Hybrid Theory Unmastered)

Outtakes:
1. She Couldn't
2. Technique (Original ver.)
3. Dedicated
4. Slip
5. Pictureboard
6. Could Have Been
7. So Far Away
8. Blue
9. Coal
10. Stick N Move

Sketches:
1. Oh No
2. Grr
3. Sad (Acetate)
4. Stick And Move (LPU9)
5. Hurry
6. Chair
7. Pods

Xero Demos (Zomba Sessions):
1. Rhinestone 
2. Esaul
3. Pictureboard

I guess during the Zomba Sessions, only these tracks were recorded. "These demos (which were re-recorded with Chester) have live drums, and for example the track "Slip" has a program beat. I don't think it was recorded with Mark. These three tracks must have been sent to Chester on the audition tape. 
Maybe Rapology tracks could be included here.

Xero Cassette (instead of a Hybrid Theory sampler):
1. Rhinestone
2. Reading My Eyes
3. Fuse
4. Stick N Move
5. Dialate (I don't know exactly where to put it)

It's strange that only Reading My Eyes was released from this tape. It seems that a cassette release would be more interesting.

Something like this. I must have missed something. I think In The End Demo and Esaul from LPU11 could remain LPU exclusives. 
I wouldn't include Reanimation here.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. I apologize if something is written incorrectly, I use Google Translate)

I forgot - instead of Rock Am Ring it was necessary to release something else... This show was not seen probably only by a blind person) It would be possible to release at least Rock Im Park.

Edited by EgorN

14 hours ago, EgorN said:

It would be possible to release at least Rock Im Park.

As far as I'm concerned, there is neither a proper video recording nor proper audio from both RIP01 shows, that's so sad - cause I love the HV into PB (with first verse actually) into ITE

I saw the dvd's
fillmore is a great show, complete with pranks, pause between songs,  they repeat "in the end" because the first take was weird lol.

although the PR02 show left something to be desired, they cut all the jokes and made a mix between the shows, it could have been just the images from las vegas, it would have been a lot better, the show is better with these cut scenes and edition was left without the emotion of a complete show with, pauses, jokes, speeches, and etc ...
I know you hear a lot of fights and breaks at PR02 shows, BUT AND SO? it would be much more exciting, more so.
it is very good, but not so good.
😉
maybe someday a show of that full will appear.

Edited by Hybridtheory

20 hours ago, EgorN said:
I want to let myself fantasize about how I would like to see the Hybrid Theory 2020 tracklist. It seems strange to me that something is left uncovered. It would be strange to release tracks from this era in the future, so I don't think the band will go back to that again. Therefore, we would like to see this release as the most complete. For me, grouping like in this release doesn't look very logical (it's logical, but I don't like it). I would do something like this (more like chapters).
Your attention:

Hybrid Theory:
1. Papercut
2. One Step Closer
3. With You
4. Points Of Authority
5. Crawling
6. Runaway
7. By Myself
8. In The End
9. A Place For My Head
10. Forgotten
11. Cure For The Itch
12. Pushing Me Away
13. High Voltage
14. My December

Hybrid Theory Live CD
(All live recordings from this era for each song, maybe including covers, I won't list them)

Hybrid Theory EP
1. Carousel  
2. Technique (Short)
3. Step Up
4. And One 
5. High Voltage
6. Part Of Me

Hybrid Theory Demos (From Hybrid Theory 9-track demo CD):

1. Untitled 
2. Points & Authority 
3. Super Zero 
4. Crawling 
5. Carousel 
6. Part Of Me 
7. Rhinestone 
8. Esaul

Alternative Demos/Versions:
1. Plaster (David Kahne mix)
2. Papercut (Hybrid Theory 6-track demo)
3. Crawling (Hybrid Theory 6-track demo)
4. Points of Authority (Hybrid Theory 6-track demo)
5. Dust Brothers (Hybrid Theory 6-track demo)
6. By Myself (Hybrid Theory Unmastered or Much Too Easy)
7. The Cure (Hybrid Theory Unmastered)

Outtakes:
1. She Couldn't
2. Technique (Original ver.)
3. Dedicated
4. Slip
5. Pictureboard
6. Could Have Been
7. So Far Away
8. Blue
9. Coal
10. Stick N Move

Sketches:
1. Oh No
2. Grr
3. Sad (Acetate)
4. Stick And Move (LPU9)
5. Hurry
6. Chair
7. Pods

Xero Demos (Zomba Sessions):
1. Rhinestone 
2. Esaul
3. Pictureboard

I guess during the Zomba Sessions, only these tracks were recorded. "These demos (which were re-recorded with Chester) have live drums, and for example the track "Slip" has a program beat. I don't think it was recorded with Mark. These three tracks must have been sent to Chester on the audition tape. 
Maybe Rapology tracks could be included here.

Xero Cassette (instead of a Hybrid Theory sampler):
1. Rhinestone
2. Reading My Eyes
3. Fuse
4. Stick N Move
5. Dialate (I don't know exactly where to put it)

It's strange that only Reading My Eyes was released from this tape. It seems that a cassette release would be more interesting.

Something like this. I must have missed something. I think In The End Demo and Esaul from LPU11 could remain LPU exclusives. 
I wouldn't include Reanimation here.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. I apologize if something is written incorrectly, I use Google Translate)

I forgot - instead of Rock Am Ring it was necessary to release something else... This show was not seen probably only by a blind person) It would be possible to release at least Rock Im Park.

This is pretty cool! I'm also a completionist and had to make a playlist for myself with all the demos in rough order!

All I'd change here, is keep High Voltage/My December with the "outtakes" (as realistically, adding 2 more tracks to the HT vinyl would make it too long to fit on two sides)
And I'd put dialate with them too, as Coal is also a Xero demo. :D

Edited by 1996_LP
typo

19 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

I saw the dvd's
fillmore is a great show, complete with pranks, pause between songs,  they repeat "in the end" because the first take was weird lol.

although the PR02 show left something to be desired, they cut all the jokes and made a mix between the shows, it could have been just the images from las vegas, it would have been a lot better, the show is better with these cut scenes and edition was left without the emotion of a complete show with, pauses, jokes, speeches, and etc ...
I know you hear a lot of fights and breaks at PR02 shows, BUT AND SO? it would be much more exciting, more so.
it is very good, but not so good.
😉
maybe someday a show of that full will appear.

Including Fillmore all interludes (Crawling, Papercut, One Step Closer), Intro and Outro?