Linkin Park Announces "Hybrid Theory 20" Release

LPLStaff

1 hour ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Yeah it’s like “hey there’s a slightly different  version of our most famous song !” And you grab their attention 

Yeah basically lol. Some casual fans will be like "Woah! It's In The End with totally different lyrics! This is awesome!" and meanwhile most hardcore fans heard this demo a million years ago lol

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of Untitled as a next "single" if you want to call it that. But i hate the fact the newsite would be using it for clicks with titles like "Never heard before In The End demo from 20 years ago" but i guess thats totally expected and it would probably get more people excited for the album.

It would be cool if they make a video for it, similar to the one they made for She Couldn't

Looking on Amazon UK listing of deluxe package...

Disc 14 lists the following:
24. Beat 23 (Joe Hahn)

31. Beat 10 (Mike Shinoda)

39. Beat 4 (Mike Shinoda)

also 45. One Step Closer (Live from London, 9/16/2001)) doesn’t appear anywhere else. 

any ideas?

not sure which disc this is, as there’s a lot of mixed up tracks from all the other discs. 

Edited by Sukotto

2 hours ago, Sukotto said:

Looking on Amazon UK listing of deluxe package...

Disc 14 lists the following:
24. Beat 23 (Joe Hahn)

31. Beat 10 (Mike Shinoda)

39. Beat 4 (Mike Shinoda)

also 45. One Step Closer (Live from London, 9/16/2001)) doesn’t appear anywhere else. 

any ideas?

not sure which disc this is, as there’s a lot of mixed up tracks from all the other discs. 

It's from the documentary on the Projekt Revolution 2002 DVD. The sequel to Frat Party. Possibly the soundtrack used in the video. We'll have to compare it when it's out.

Looks like the Points of Authority on Forgotten Demos is probably the "stop the talk show" version since it's the same length as the album version unlike the shorter demo that appears on LPU rarities. Makes sense because I doubt they would have put two extremely similar demos of Points of Authority on there but I hadn't considered that until right now.

2 hours ago, NJPLP said:

We are also getting Step Up twice. There will be one on the Hybrid Theory EP & one on the B-Side Rarities. Do we really need two of the same track? 

Oversight I guess since the B-Sides & Rarities is the only version of an HTEP on CD

20 minutes ago, Justin said:

Are they really going be the exact same versions though? Just straight up duplicates with a slightly different title?

Considering the In The End single contains the exact same version as the EP and the boxset contains both versions since one is vinyl and one is CD in the physical version...soooo

Don't understand why we're having two carousel demos

One is the HTEP version and the other is probably from the 9/8 track demo or whatever leaked demo we have it from.

so it's all clear now. OK, so the first one is original version (not demo) and the second one is demo, I checked it and it matches with version from "Hybrid Theory 8-track Demo CD (1999)".