Fort Minor debuts new single, "Welcome"

RogueSoul

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding a new album...

Do you really think Mike would have spent this year teasing, produce merch, go on Conan, create an Instagram and Twitter, relaunch the FM site, for the sake of just ONE song?

It's all promotion for what's in store. It's to create publicity so he doesn't just release an album that falls on it's face because it's his first album in 10 years; an entirely new generation of fans.

I will say that I was all about the black and white texture one or whatever it was called, the one with the vague design on it. I would definitely buy that if it was $20 or $25.

The vinyl is still a price that's hard to swallow, but it makes more sense than the shirts. Song still sounds great, too.

I really hope that Fort Minor comes back in a big way this year or next year. The way Mike has been about promoting and hyping it implies that this won't just be a one-and-done, single-track deal, but we'll probably find out for sure on Conan tomorrow.

people will/may see it as art, which i do, and will shell out the cash for it

Ugh. Got the deluxe just because I'm a Mike Art whore. Will probably pick up a couple more with the inevitable price drops in a couple months.

Better get a full album and another art show!

same here!

Also to clarify for those who didn't see the periscope, Mike said he might play SOME shows, but "they'll be small and hard to get into, so good luck with that. No plans for a big tour".

Dunno if that means the shows will be for his friends, or probably just LA exclusive things.

Thought not a big fan, I'd take this over Mike's rap medley. Do wonder when exactly he'll be adding it to the LP set.

Also to clarify for those who didn't see the periscope, Mike said he might play SOME shows, but "they'll be small and hard to get into, so good luck with that. No plans for a big tour".

Dunno if that means the shows will be for his friends, or probably just LA exclusive things.

could be just art shows too, i dont think he mentioned specifically that they are music-related but i could be wrong

Edited by loulax07

The song is good but other than that the prices on the merch stuff are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to high :/ Add shipping to Europe and here goes 1/3 of your months salary (at least in my country) for a vinyl...that is a single by the way. Yeah I know that each vinyl comes with different cover but still, the price for a single is just stupid. Even Brennan has some doubts of getting it lol. Mike $hinoda right here.

n8hzj.jpg

Hahahaha exactly bro. My brain hurts. i don't know who to believe anymore. i want the hype train to go full speed a head! I think mike is actually telling the truth this time though. This is probably a one off song :(

could be just art shows too, i dont think he mentioned specifically that they are music-related but i could be wrong

He was referring to the shows after being asked about an FM tour, so I belive he was talking about music related shows. Really confused with this whole Ryu thing. Maybe we're overthinking and he just did a verse for Welcome that Mike decided not to use.

I can't see why he'd acquire the youtube channel and do all of this stuff if there wasn't more to come. A new site, new social media, youtube channel, all this new apparel just for one song? Unless this is all just normal for a one off single and no current intention to release any more music

The hype and excitement about just this song and the "FM comeback" is bigger than the last 2, maybe 3 LP albums and I like that. It's cool to see the fanbase blow up about this stuff. One thing I like that Mike did was he created a website again from the start, something DBS didn't do.

I'm not a huge fan of the song at all. It's mainly his rapping style. He can pull off the gangster rap style on songs like Cigarettes or the Magic Doors remix but it doesn't work here for me. But it's new music and he said shows, so I'll gladly take it. I think the vinyl for $95 is a little too much...I would buy it for $50. But Mike knows it'll sell out, so it is what it is. I'm the most excited for concerts to be announced.

The Ryu stuff is quite weird. I don't think this is all Mike has in store. It's odd he would wait THIS long after FM to decide to release one solo song, when we know he's been working on music by himself for years. My personal opinion is that Mike has been recording for FM for the past few years, putting it all together and will drop an EP or album this fall. He put too much work into the social media, website, etc for there not to be, IMO. Ryu even thinks he recorded a verse for Welcome, meaning they've been working together. Machine Gun Kelly was pictured with Mike too, right?

He probably has a whole album he's working on that he'll drop on us this fall. Mike won't have ANYTHING going on while Chester tours for STP, and Mike also had like 4 months off to start the year....I believe FM will come back big time this fall. This might be "just a song/just a single" for now but too much work was put into it for him to just not take it further. Mike sees the reaction it's getting....the LP fans are exploding. And look at the lyrics of the song, it's about the people that slept on The Rising Tied.

The hype and excitement about just this song and the "FM comeback" is bigger than the last 2, maybe 3 LP albums and I like that. It's cool to see the fanbase blow up about this stuff. One thing I like that Mike did was he created a website again from the start, something DBS didn't do.

I'm not a huge fan of the song at all. It's mainly his rapping style. He can pull off the gangster rap style on songs like Cigarettes or the Magic Doors remix but it doesn't work here for me. But it's new music and he said shows, so I'll gladly take it. I think the vinyl for $95 is a little too much...I would buy it for $50. But Mike knows it'll sell out, so it is what it is. I'm the most excited for concerts to be announced.

The Ryu stuff is quite weird. I don't think this is all Mike has in store. It's odd he would wait THIS long after FM to decide to release one solo song, when we know he's been working on music by himself for years. My personal opinion is that Mike has been recording for FM for the past few years, putting it all together and will drop an EP or album this fall. He put too much work into the social media, website, etc for there not to be, IMO. Ryu even thinks he recorded a verse for Welcome, meaning they've been working together. Machine Gun Kelly was pictured with Mike too, right?

He probably has a whole album he's working on that he'll drop on us this fall. Mike won't have ANYTHING going on while Chester tours for STP, and Mike also had like 4 months off to start the year....I believe FM will come back big time this fall. This might be "just a song/just a single" for now but too much work was put into it for him to just not take it further. Mike sees the reaction it's getting....the LP fans are exploding. And look at the lyrics of the song, it's about the people that slept on The Rising Tied.

Don't forget about the date "Nov 24" that displayed behind him. That's there for a reason.

I don't know about the Nov 24 thing since that's very old, but agree with Mark. Mike couldn't ask for better timing. 10 year anniversary and Chester already has committed the end of the year to STP (hoping that they do drop their album this fall/winter).

And from what I've seen everyone is still excited, even if it's just the one song. If he only intended on just doing the one song during LP shows, he could have just made the social media stuff and hosted it on LP or his website.

I just hope the shows are announced because he made it seem like they wouldn't be if he wished fans good luck about knowing and getting into them.

I mean Ryu was at the vinyl painting he did, he recorded music with Mike, Tak reposted it on Facebook...I don't think Mike's fooling anyone. Ryu can't say "I don't know who FM is" when he was at the art thing Mike did and knows Mike was doing it for Fort Minor, lol.