Fort Minor debuts new single, "Welcome"

RogueSoul

I love FM, but this song isn't all that special. Doesn't matter that it's been years since any new FM tracks came out, it's just not worth the ridiculous hype it's getting here. People were saying it was going to be a radio hit? Please, there's no chance of that. You'll be lucky to even hear it on the radio.

Well, if you dont like it and dont want to join the "hype", my suggestion for you is just keep quiet and ignore this news. go listen to something else.

Edited by Stranger

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but if a song like that really gets people this excited, then I just don't get it. The song is fine, but come on, it's nothing special. We're at the point where Mike/LP could put out anything and everyone would be freaking out and screaming about how "epic" it is.

We are excited because its the first Fort Minor song we have gotten in a long, long time. It's a song where Mike really puts himself out there. He wrote this to build his confidence as an artist up. We being the hardcore fans that we are understand that and love the song and are very excited that he released this. Sorry if you don't get that.

We are excited because its the first Fort Minor song we have gotten in a long, long time. It's a song where Mike really puts himself out there. He wrote this to build his confidence as an artist up. We being the hardcore fans that we are understand that and love the song and are very excited that he released this. Sorry if you don't get that.

Finally! +1

This is exactly what I'm talking about...fanboy bullshit at its best. Whatever, obviously you guys are hyped up for this. Enjoy it.

Welp, castro doesn't like the song. Anyone who does MUST be nothing more than a fanboy who couldn't possibly genuinely like the song.

Merch prices are psychotic. $35 for a t-shirt, Mike? Come on, man.

Also, I bought the single through iTunes before I found out the site was live, so that's that. Oh well. (I also accidentally bought The Rising Tied when browsing through, so that'll be fun to refund.)

Merch prices are psychotic. $35 for a t-shirt, Mike? Come on, man.

Also, I bought the single through iTunes before I found out the site was live, so that's that. Oh well. (I also accidentally bought The Rising Tied when browsing through, so that'll be fun to refund.)

I agree. I'm not sure who they are trying to market to with these "urban/street/hip/artsy/fashion-centric" merch items. I've never known any LP fans (let alone any music fan) that gave a shit what kind of shirt their design was printed on etc. It all seems kinda trendy and pretentious. Not digging the direction LP has been going with their merch since THP. Raised prices for items that other bands sell for less. I guess they can get away with it though because a ton of fans blindly buy their stuff without a second thought. As cool as the vinyl idea was, i'm gonna pass.

I will say that I was all about the black and white texture one or whatever it was called, the one with the vague design on it. I would definitely buy that if it was $20 or $25.

The vinyl is still a price that's hard to swallow, but it makes more sense than the shirts. Song still sounds great, too.

I really hope that Fort Minor comes back in a big way this year or next year. The way Mike has been about promoting and hyping it implies that this won't just be a one-and-done, single-track deal, but we'll probably find out for sure on Conan tomorrow.

Two things I'm dying for, that 360 video to be taken off private and those Instrumentals and Accapellas to be officially released. Oh and an album with a full tour if we are granting wishes here.

I love FM, but this song isn't all that special. Doesn't matter that it's been years since any new FM tracks came out, it's just not worth the ridiculous hype it's getting here. People were saying it was going to be a radio hit? Please, there's no chance of that. You'll be lucky to even hear it on the radio.

I rarely agree with Castro, but I have to say, I'm not really feeling this song either. I do think it's got potential on the radio, it's very much in line with what's on the radio in terms of male-fronted rap these days. But holy crap, Mike's fake tough guy voice has GOT to go. It's embarrasing. Like, shuffle your feet, avoid eye contact, and lie about it when someone asks "Isn't that the dude from Linkin Park?" embarrasing. Mike's perfectly capable of writing good verses without slurring his speech like he just stepped off the streets of Chicago. He's a half Japanese, half white guy from a pretty well-to-do family in one of the nicer Los Angeles neighborhoods. Mike Shinoda is not gangsta, but he's good enough at what he does that he shouldn't have to pretend to be. The first Fort Minor record had a handful of good songs on it. This song is more cringeworthy than the worst song from that record, though.

I rarely agree with Castro, but I have to say, I'm not really feeling this song either. I do think it's got potential on the radio, it's very much in line with what's on the radio in terms of male-fronted rap these days. But holy crap, Mike's fake tough guy voice has GOT to go. It's embarrasing. Like, shuffle your feet, avoid eye contact, and lie about it when someone asks "Isn't that the dude from Linkin Park?" embarrasing. Mike's perfectly capable of writing good verses without slurring his speech like he just stepped off the streets of Chicago. He's a half Japanese, half white guy from a pretty well-to-do family in one of the nicer Los Angeles neighborhoods. Mike Shinoda is not gangsta, but he's good enough at what he does that he shouldn't have to pretend to be. The first Fort Minor record had a handful of good songs on it. This song is more cringeworthy than the worst song from that record, though.

So Mike should stop experimenting with his voice? holy mother of fuck.