Fort Minor debuts new single, "Welcome"

RogueSoul

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://genius.com/Fort-minor-welcome-lyrics

Lyrics are already up so no need to transcribe.

I really like the first verse because of his rhyme scheme and patterns. Reminds me of how Eminem bends the endings to a lot of words to make them rhyme (like Mike does with singing and hanging). Chorus makes me think of Drake for some reason, and I don't even listen to Drake. Something about the way he's singing a little lower but I still like it. Second verse isn't great but the second half of that verse is better, except his rhyming is lazier. The theme of the song is different from the cocky rapping that Mike has been doing for the last 5 years and I like how it's more of a return to rapping this way as the idea, but it could be a bit stronger.

That instrumental bridge is pretty much perfect. I really hope Mike plays the synth on Conan for that part (otherwise he might as well just leave after the second chorus and then come back at the end). I like how it uses some stuff outside of the typical scales and some "wrong notes" are in the right spots. The end of that with the high notes is great.

Looking forward to seeing how it is performed live, and the single artwork looks nice. Hoping the video is cool too and I can picture a lot of graffiti and panorama shots.

I believe this is only a one-song comeback in support of a charity project (college funds, MFR, Nepal). That's why this whole thing gets so hyped on the internet and on Conan tomorrow, they are trying to maximize the attention for the cause. That's why I assume the merch and LE vinyls are produced to raise money.

Edited by BNCMajor

I believe this is only a one-song comeback in support of a charity project (college funds, MFR, Nepal). That's why this whole thing gets so hyped on the internet and on Conan tomorrow, they are trying to maximize the attention for the cause. That's why I assume the merch and LE vinyls are produced to raise money.

But then why would he make the lyrics sound as if he's reaching out to fans, apologising for only making one FM record etc? If this was just a charity hit, surely the song would be themed, similar to LTGYA

God damn this song is sick. Solo in the middle is weird, but the rest is great.

I can't believe this is actually happening. What did that website look like before it got taken down?

EDIT: http://41.media.tumblr.com/bce7c1b8c17b96980ede51a57d2edf7b/tumblr_nqb7qpieFi1snsn6fo1_1280.png There it is, I think.

EDIT 2: I read the letter again and, knowing that each copy of the album is coming straight from Mike, signed and drawn on and all that, the prices make more sense. I still think that it could at least be a full album, but whatever.

Edited by Final Destiny

Every vinyl jacket is a piece of the art that's displayed next to the vinyl. There are a 1000 total. So $95 gets you a boring piece mostly white or whatever and the deluxe for $145 a better piece, just look at the examples. Each is one of a kind but still pretty expensive if you ask me.

We'll probably get hit with a big blast of official information tomorrow. Mike's probably laughing his ass off right now somewhere.

I really do think he enjoys watching us try and piece everything together through pure speculation lol.

I said it before we'll get an announcement of some kind tomorrow. Even if it IS just one song, I would expect solid confirmation one way or the other.

I'm sorry, but if a song like that really gets people this excited, then I just don't get it. The song is fine, but come on, it's nothing special. We're at the point where Mike/LP could put out anything and everyone would be freaking out and screaming about how "epic" it is.

People tend to be excited to some degree when a band/artist that hasn't been active for a full decade suddenly puts out a song with no prior warning. I think that's a little easier to understand, and I also think you're oversimplifying the situation here. It's not like it's "just another Linkin Park song" or whatever. Did you see this sort of excitement when that Steve Aoki track dropped a few months ago? Was the hype too much for you then, too?

I'm sorry, but if a song like that really gets people this excited, then I just don't get it. The song is fine, but come on, it's nothing special. We're at the point where Mike/LP could put out anything and everyone would be freaking out and screaming about how "epic" it is.

Not sure bout everyone else but for me, this track is special! Why? simple. because it's a freaking FORT MINOR song after a decade. unless you didnt enjoy FM, well cant say much bout it.

I love FM, but this song isn't all that special. Doesn't matter that it's been years since any new FM tracks came out, it's just not worth the ridiculous hype it's getting here. People were saying it was going to be a radio hit? Please, there's no chance of that. You'll be lucky to even hear it on the radio.