LPU XIII Released!

hahninator

Hey remember the 3 instrumental clips Mike made that were on LP.com in 2007? My files of them are from May 3, 2007.

new lp.com clip 1: 2:03

new lp.com clip 2: 1:53

new lp.com clip 3: 1:32

I wonder if those demos had names or not. Clearly they're just pieces he made during the MTM sessions but I like them and it seems a lot of the fans are unaware of them even though they aren't extravagant. It's music though. If anyone wants them I can upload them. I wonder if we've ever heard a clip of any of them in anything else (like in Stagelight, LPTV, etc).

Anyway, at that time, those 3 reminded me of what Mike created that went between SOTD/WID. I'm sure that clip on the album was longer and came from a "batch" of these 4+ (probably more) instrumentals he made.

http://lpiblogsite.blogspot.com.br/2009/07...ound-music.html

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

songs that will definitely get more rotation:

01 Basquiat [2007 DEMO] - sounds like that interlude between sotd and wid

02 Holding Company [2011 DEMO]

03 Primo [i’LL BE GONE - LONGFORM 2010 DEMO]

05 Cumulus [2002 DEMO] - another awesome meteora instrumental

09 Foot Patrol [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.2] - i LOVE until it breaks, cool to hear this

10 Three Band Terror [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.3] - see Foot Patrol. i think brad should sing more

11 Truth Inside A Lie (BY RYAN GILES) [LPU SESSIONS 2013]

decent at best, occasional playback:

04 Hemispheres [2011 DEMO]

06 Pretty Birdy [sOMEWHERE I BELONG 2002 DEMO] - disappointed it didnt have lyrics

07 Universe [2006 DEMO] - i can finally try to enjoy this without hearing lupe fiasco

08 Apaches [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.1] - the weird howling sound kind of ruins it for me

probably will never play again:

12 Change (BY BETA STATE) [LPU SESSIONS 2013]

overall pretty okay cd. disappointed there was no high quality Super zero or crawling demos. i thought for sure those would be released based on lpu 11 & 12. one thing that irks me though is how LP arent consistent with those song titles year after year!! the year comes before the word demo now. unreleased coming before the word demo on some and not others. brackets instead of parenthesis now. i know it sounds dumb but it bothers me :P

songs that will definitely get more rotation:

01 Basquiat [2007 DEMO] - sounds like that interlude between sotd and wid

02 Holding Company [2011 DEMO]

03 Primo [i’LL BE GONE - LONGFORM 2010 DEMO]

05 Cumulus [2002 DEMO] - another awesome meteora instrumental

09 Foot Patrol [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.2] - i LOVE until it breaks, cool to hear this

10 Three Band Terror [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.3] - see Foot Patrol. i think brad should sing more

11 Truth Inside A Lie (BY RYAN GILES) [LPU SESSIONS 2013]

decent at best, occasional playback:

04 Hemispheres [2011 DEMO]

06 Pretty Birdy [sOMEWHERE I BELONG 2002 DEMO] - disappointed it didnt have lyrics

07 Universe [2006 DEMO] - i can finally try to enjoy this without hearing lupe fiasco

08 Apaches [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.1] - the weird howling sound kind of ruins it for me

probably will never play again:

12 Change (BY BETA STATE) [LPU SESSIONS 2013]

overall pretty okay cd. disappointed there was no high quality Super zero or crawling demos. i thought for sure those would be released based on lpu 11 & 12. one thing that irks me though is how LP arent consistent with those song titles year after year!! the year comes before the word demo now. unreleased coming before the word demo on some and not others. brackets instead of parenthesis now. i know it sounds dumb but it bothers me :P

seriously you never play again "Change" by Beta State? I think that is one of the best song in the album.

I really want guitar tabs for Primo, Three Band Terror, and Cumulus.

The SIB demo sounds like what it SHOULD sound like. They began that song with the acoustic guitar-backwards-cut-up-paste-layered effects and then added parts from 2001. A year later, I think it's pretty decent. The guitar and drums do sound primitive but I like how the guitar pars are a little different, especially in the bridge. In the beginning, it just sounds louder or higher. And the chorus guitar sounds ways too drowned out by static effects to hardly hear the chord changes. What surprises me is that the lyrics remained unchanged since then. Doubt that a 2001 version had different lyrics, let alone any.

Primo is fucking incredible. No wonder they chose it to promote LPU - it's a gorgeous (and essentially finished, thank god) alternate path for I'll Be Gone.

Basiquiat and Holding Company are great instrumentals. The direction LP has gone in the past three years has really made them step up their instrumental game.

Hemispheres and Cumulus are alright. Neither of them stuck in my head. Same for Universe - all these instrumentals are blending in my head.

Though I understand SIB being instrumental more than the five thousand other Meteora instrumentals we've received the past few years, it still irks me that there's apparently not a single Meteora demo with vocals.

The UIB demos are cool as hell to hear - especially Brad's, though his voice sounds way worse on this demo than it does on the finished product.

Ryan Giles and Beta State put out good material, but I question the wisdom of having these songs on an LPU release instead of something separate.

Overall, this is another great year for LPU. Looks like ten demos a year is going to be the norm.

What does it mean if I honestly consider Beta State's song to be one of the best, if not the best, songs on the CD?

It's a good song it really doesn't fit with the cd, it has that average sounding, nothing special, with this kind of tracks they won't have success.

I REALLY MISSED CHESTER! Oh shit, no vocals from him in a LP cd? never thought that day would come, he is really the soul of the band.

I listened to the whole cd with my gf i told her ''some songs may not have vocals, do you really want to listen to it? yeah sure!'' she said

Oh god it was a punch in my face to not have a lot of vocals, we were saying ''the next one will have vocals for sure!'' we were really surprised that the first track with vocals was Apaches (we skipped Primo)

Some of the demos should have sounded awesome with vocals, specially Basquiat.

My favorite part of the cd was the HOWLING during APACHES, it sounds so epic! also a special mention to Brad, they should have let that song grow on its own.

Edited by Linkin JZÉ

It's a good song it really doesn't fit with the cd, it has that average sounding, nothing special, with this kind of tracks they won't have success.

I REALLY MISSED CHESTER! Oh shit, no vocals from him in a LP cd? never thought that day would come, he is really the soul of the band.

I listened to the whole cd with my gf i told her ''some songs may not have vocals, do you really want to listen to it? yeah sure!'' she said

Oh god it was a punch in my face to not have a lot of vocals, we were saying ''the next one will have vocals for sure!'' we were really surprised that the first track with vocals was Apaches (we skipped Primo)

Some of the demos should have sounded awesome with vocals, specially Basquiat.

My favorite part of the cd was the HOWLING during APACHES, it sounds so epic! also a special mention to Brad, they should have let that song grow on its own.

No vocal from Chester? Then, who's singing in "Primo"? Hahah

very boring LPU CD ... :ph34r:

01. Basquiat [2007 DEMO] 3/10

02. Holding Company [2011 DEMO] 4/10

03. Primo [i’LL BE GONE - LONGFORM 2010 DEMO] 9/10

04. Hemispheres [2011 DEMO] 3/10

05. Cumulus [2002 DEMO] 2/10

06. Pretty Birdy [sOMEWHERE I BELONG 2002 DEMO] 5/10

07. Universe [2006 DEMO] 1/10

08. Apaches [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.1] 8/10

09. Foot Patrol [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.2] 7/10

10. Three Band Terror [uNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.3] 10/10

11. Truth Inside A Lie (BY RYAN GILES) [LPU SESSIONS 2013] 7/10

12. Change (BY BETA STATE) [LPU SESSIONS 2013] 1/10

Very much waited for the new demo tracks with vocals .. but ... waiting for the album in 2014.

Edited by My4oKFanLP

Great release. Would've loved it if we had one completely new finished song (like ATL, WWDK, Slip etc.) but whatever. The Until It Breaks demos were really cool.

01. Basquiat - Reminds me a lot of the interlude between Shadow Of The Day and What I've Done on MTM. It's fitting because it's from 2007, same year MTM was released. Maybe this was one of the options considered for the interlude to bridge those? I remember reading somewhere once that Mike did Bang Three (What I've Done) and a few other demos as a batch. Anyways, great song. I like it. Has a very moody, dark kind of vibe to it. Very different for LP. 8/10

I don't think so. It's structured more like a normal full Linkin Park song (verse, chorus, bridge etc.) but the year 2007 is quite unusual for that kind of instrumental demo. The other two songs from 2007 that we have were finished songs. I think that Basquiat was actually a finished song with vocals (maybe under a different title though) that was supposed to be released on MTM, but What I've Done took its place because Warner decided the album needed a big lead single.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong, LP fucked up the year for the song (wouldn't be the first time) and they just used the Basquiat synth patch for the interlude because they thought it fits.

Is it even possible to buy the LPU13 laminate or the Merch package without an LPU13 account? I'm still on LPU12 and I can't access these pages at all. Anyone else having the same problem?

OK the email says:

You must join LPU XIII to choose from the add on items.

EDIT: And those who went for the full package, whats the digital gift?

Basquiat - The keyboard at the beginning of this sounds a LOT like the interlude between Shadow of the Day and What I've Done.

this.

I picked that up immediately, I love that they re-use little pieces of demos etc. in live interludes.

did you also notice how the Primo outro piano chords could pretty much lead right in to Roads Untravelled?

I knew I recognised the name...

"Basquiat" refers to Jean-Michel Basquiat ("ba-skya") - a hugely influential, and very political primitivist NY grafitti artist from the 70s/80s (of whom Mike will certainly be aware). his work is ugly, messy stuff but it makes his commentary far more powerful than if it were presented in a refined and well-formed way. (swearing on Given Up...?)

MTM was the first time LP overtly dealt with politics, it doesn't surprise me that Mike was clearly drawing reference from this.
Basquiat is worth reading about if anyone's interested

I knew I recognised the name...

"Basquiat" refers to Jean-Michel Basquiat ("ba-skya") - a hugely influential, and very political primitivist NY grafitti artist from the 70s/80s (of whom Mike will certainly be aware). his work is ugly, messy stuff but it makes his commentary far more powerful than if it were presented in a refined and well-formed way. (swearing on Given Up...?)

MTM was the first time LP overtly dealt with politics, it doesn't surprise me that Mike was clearly drawing reference from this.

Basquiat is worth reading about if anyone's interested

The first time I saw the name, I thought "Basket" or something. Lol, nice to know it actually has a good meaning behind the name.

These CD's are always way overhyped. Its cool to hear some demo's, but they really don't hold much "re listen" value..at least for me. And I honestly don't understand people going crazy for PRIMO...the drums are awful and sound out of place from the second they arrive in the song. I wish LP would realize that not every song needs some type of computerized drum beat in it.