LPU XIII Released!

hahninator

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute. Let's discuss this price here.

The package was $60 with a Summit and now it's $57 WITHOUT a Summit? Who in the world decided to do that?? How much are the Summits? I sure hope it's $3. The ENTIRE incentive in LPU 12 to get the full $60 membership was the Summit pass because it was really discounted (aka you get way more bang for your buck) if you bought the whole package.

Why is it so expensive? If a Summit pass hypothetically is $50, then that's $107 for LPU? Do what?

Linkin Park now costs just under $100 to see a show. That's around $200 if you go to a Summit show. Huh.

Wait a minute. Let's discuss this price here.

The package was $60 with a Summit and now it's $57 WITHOUT a Summit? Who in the world decided to do that?? How much are the Summits? I sure hope it's $3. The ENTIRE incentive in LPU 12 to get the full $60 membership was the Summit pass because it was really discounted (aka you get way more bang for your buck) if you bought the whole package.

Why is it so expensive? If a Summit pass hypothetically is $50, then that's $107 for LPU? Do what?

And a friend of mine said that it will cost 90 dollar to buy the whole package with shipping to Germany.... plus maybe also tax here.... wtf!

I've listened the CD two times now and my ultimate decision is that the CD isn't great, but it's not TERRIBLE I guess. It has some cool demos on it. Releasing Primo early was probably a mistake, but oh well. Primo, Cumulus and Hemispheres are my favorite tracks on the CD. I do think putting the 3 UIB demos on was a bit crappy, but I guess some people wanted to hear those, so it's cool. My real complaints are with 'Pretty Birdy' sounding exactly like what I would expect a garage band covering SIB to sound like. I expected a cooler demo for SIB, seeing as how it had 30 different chorus changes, multiple different melodies, different lyrics, etc while writing it. Oh well. I also don't like how Universe is essentially the same instrumental for that Download To Donate song. I wonder if Mike realized that when compiling this tracklisting or he just forgot. This is probably my least favorite LPU CD compared to 9, 10, 11 and 12, but I'm not completely let down. There is somewhat of a replay value. I'll wait to give a track by track review until a lot of other members start doing it.

As far as the actual package goes, wtf. I understand that paying 60 dollars for the year which includes a Summit pass is understandable. I didn't even read before purchasing LPU13 for 60 dollars that it didn't include the Summit pass. That is some bs. I bet it will cost 50 bucks just like it did in previous years for members who didn't get the 60 dollar pass. That really is kind of a rip off. I guess that there is a possibility that there won't be a summit near me that I can attend, but if there is, I'll be mad.

The jersey idea is kind of cool, better than a crappy t-shirt like LPU12 had I suppose. The whole exclusive content on your phone thing is a bit strange. I always put all my music/pics/videos on my computer, I don't download anything to my phone really. We will see how that works out. The poster is very cool, I just hope it doesn't get bent or crumpled during shipping and handling. I still thought the flag idea for LPU11 was a bit cooler.

Edited by Geki

I've listened the CD two times now and my ultimate decision is that the CD isn't great, but it's not TERRIBLE I guess. It has some cool demos on it. Releasing Primo early was probably a mistake, but oh well. Primo, Cumulus and Hemispheres are my favorite tracks on the CD. I do think putting the 3 UIB demos on was a bit crappy, but I guess some people wanted to hear those, so it's cool. My real complaints are with 'Pretty Birdy' sounding exactly like what I would expect a garage band covering SIB to sound like. I expected a cooler demo for SIB, seeing as how it had 30 different chorus changes, multiple different melodies, different lyrics, etc while writing it. Oh well. I also don't like how Universe is essentially the same instrumental for that Download To Donate song. I wonder if Mike realized that when compiling this tracklisting or he just forgot. This is probably my least favorite LPU CD compared to 9, 10, 11 and 12, but I'm not completely let down. There is somewhat of a replay value. I'll wait to give a track by track review until a lot of other members start doing it.

You hit the nail on the head. I really like the first instrumental, but SIB is a complete let down. I'm pretty sure that's a very finished demo compared to what they could have released. Universe as well, but Primo is an incredible demo and I think they should have saved it for the actual release.

They should make the summit passes a lot cheaper then, on the other hand like 99% of the people basically paid for a summit they never got.

That Primo is the best or one of the best songs was really not hard to guess. Why should they promote it with a weak instrumental track? It got them exactly the hype they expected.

So $20 is just for a membership.

• 12 months access to Members only community
  • Pre-Sale tickets Opportunities
  • Meet & Greet Opportunities
  • Band Chats
  • Access to Exclusive Music
  • Access to Exclusive Events*
  • Downloadable LPU App
  • LPU Auctions
  • LPU-TV / LPTV Downloadable Episodes
Then the other $35 is merch

• Welcome Letter from Joe
  • LPU XIII Jersey (Available in Men’s and Women’s sizes)
  • LPU PlugAir (Unlock exclusive content via iPhone and Android)
  • LPU / HARD ROCK Poster (created by LPU member Andhika Nugraha)
  • LPU XIII Lanyard + Laminate (Unlocks Early Entry Benefit)
  • LPU XIII CD (Featuring 10 demos and 2 LPU Sessions tracks)
So I don't know, is it fair? The Jersey only would be like $50 or something ridiculous in the LPU store. The poster is nice. The CD is $10. Not really counting the PlugAir thing because I think it's silly. No one wants the crap on their phone, give us a PC/Mac option.

I think Merch price is fair, but paying for $20 membership only pays off if there's a show in the next 12months or an "exclusive event". And even then can you get in with the lanyard in the merch package?