LPU XIII Released!

hahninator

Maybe Apaches was still the working title for the joined songs before they changed the name to Until it breaks. I hope we get some good track comments that clear that up.

I think it's a bit ignorant to assume that they keep/have tons of in between versions of the songs. I'm not an Pro-tools engineer so I don't know how they handle things. If they render new versions out all the time, if they just mute stuff, if they delete unneeded stuff from the song projects. I know that from video projects that you clean up sometime and you can't keep all that shit in your project.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are really not liking that the WFTE intro is referred to as the Apaches intro.

Maybe they chose that because the name sounds cooler than Foot Patrol intro??

I'd like to here a Blackout demo. We know from the LPTV episode years ago that it had slightly different lyrics

Where is evidence that there was another demo brought in that was 'Chester's demo'? Maybe they added the singing part after combining the three demos to add more to it, who knows. I don't think there was another demo from that small Chester section in UIB, unless there is evidence somewhere that says this.

Where is evidence that there was another demo brought in that was 'Chester's demo'? Maybe they added the singing part after combining the three demos to add more to it, who knows. I don't think there was another demo from that small Chester section in UIB, unless there is evidence somewhere that says this.

Mike Shinoda (MTV.com 25 May 2012):

Some songs we'll come up with demos, and they won't ever turn into anything ... we'll hear them, and we'll know they're not ever going to be a great song on their own. But there may be a section of it, a little glimmer of cool something in it, and the song 'Until It Breaks' is built from just those. There were like four demos that we had made that weren't going anywhere individually, but when you put them all together, they make something really interesting. It's supposed to feel really jarring and weird, and for me it was a really fun song to make.

The fourth one must be the Chester part.

CD comes in a plastic sleeve...very cheap. looks like a promo CD lol

LP did it so they can charge more money for LPU (crazy amount for shipping and handling) while seeming ''eco-friendly'' because people will eat that shit up. No offense, but it's all about money.

I talked to LPU about the CD and they said it's definitely good quality. I said the exact same thing and it's more about Dika Toolkit "redesigning" or designing a cool way to deliver a CD versus LPU saying "let's fucking get rid of the jewel cases." I'm a fan of jewel cases too. I think this is more of an art thing. Dika put artwork inside of the CD sleeve too and designed the actual CD, so it all goes together. It's not to get more money.

Money-wise, the LPU has never been about turning a profit. Trust me, I had the exact same concerns as you guys and after a lengthy conversation about LPU XIII, I now see it through the eyes of the LPU team with how they wanted to release a product. It's easy to sit here and criticize something but you have to look at both sides of it. Mike wanted to do the eco-friendly thing for a while and they accomplished that with the jersey.

LPU brings in very little money in all actuality. It's not about making money, LP and their management seriously could give almost zero fucks about making legit cash out of the LPU'ers. If they wanted to do that, they'd charge $300 to be in the fanclub, cheapen the experience and milk us all. We still have a very cheap fanclub compared to all other bigger bands, and even smaller bands too like 30 Seconds To Mars. The money from the $35 merch bundle goes directly to the cost of manufacturing those items. The money from the laminate/lanyard goes directly to the cost of manufacturing those two items. The $20 LPU membership funds the website and general endeavors of the LPU, like Summits, etc.

Yes the Summit costed $50/person. I'm under the impression that they are going to try to lower that for the next Summit, but as of now there are no Summits scheduled. It costs a hell of a lot of money to do a Summit....a ton of shit goes into that as you all know so there's no need to explain that.

Point blank, you're still getting a lot for your money with LPU in my opinion. $20 for a M&G, presale tickets and exclusive content is a great deal. Some bands don't even let you have shit signed at their M&Gs and they give you presigned stuff beforehand. It took an explanation but now I understand LPU XIII and the goals behind it.

I talked to LPU about the CD and they said it's definitely good quality. I said the exact same thing and it's more about Dika Toolkit "redesigning" or designing a cool way to deliver a CD versus LPU saying "let's fucking get rid of the jewel cases." I'm a fan of jewel cases too. I think this is more of an art thing. Dika put artwork inside of the CD sleeve too and designed the actual CD, so it all goes together. It's not to get more money.

Money-wise, the LPU has never been about turning a profit. Trust me, I had the exact same concerns as you guys and after a lengthy conversation about LPU XIII, I now see it through the eyes of the LPU team with how they wanted to release a product. It's easy to sit here and criticize something but you have to look at both sides of it. Mike wanted to do the eco-friendly thing for a while and they accomplished that with the jersey.

LPU brings in very little money in all actuality. It's not about making money, LP and their management seriously could give almost zero fucks about making legit cash out of the LPU'ers. If they wanted to do that, they'd charge $300 to be in the fanclub, cheapen the experience and milk us all. We still have a very cheap fanclub compared to all other bigger bands, and even smaller bands too like 30 Seconds To Mars. The money from the $35 merch bundle goes directly to the cost of manufacturing those items. The money from the laminate/lanyard goes directly to the cost of manufacturing those two items. The $20 LPU membership funds the website and general endeavors of the LPU, like Summits, etc.

Yes the Summit costed $50/person. I'm under the impression that they are going to try to lower that for the next Summit, but as of now there are no Summits scheduled. It costs a hell of a lot of money to do a Summit....a ton of shit goes into that as you all know so there's no need to explain that.

Point blank, you're still getting a lot for your money with LPU in my opinion. $20 for a M&G, presale tickets and exclusive content is a great deal. Some bands don't even let you have shit signed at their M&Gs and they give you presigned stuff beforehand. It took an explanation but now I understand LPU XIII and the goals behind it.

Yeah.. you're right. LP does do A LOT for their fans, way more than a lot of other bands out there today. I do appreciate what LP does for their fans, it's just sometimes it seems like they are out to make as much money as possible. It's understandable, because the band needs to make money to survive, support their families, etc. LP really isn't like that, though. I was wrong. A lot of bands out there I feel like are just trying to get rich, etc, while LP does genuinely care about their fans a lot. It shows with the LPU and various other things the band does. Once I receive my LPU13 package in the mail, it will be awesome, I bet. The jersey does look pretty badass and it's probably lightweight and it will be nice to wear to LP shows in the Summer heat, etc. Lol. I also can't wait for the poster.

Just had this from lpu:

"Thank you for joining LPU XIII and purchasing the Digital Download of the LPU XIII CD. The LPU XIII CD is a collection of 12 tracks including 10 LINKIN PARK demos and 2 LPU Sessions songs recorded by LPU members at Red Bull Studio in Los Angeles.

We wanted to make sure you also had a digital version of the CD booklet. You may download it here:"

I'm not sure I can post the link?

But anyway, point is I bought the cd which allegedly came with digital download - still no download link though!

Anyone else had this?

http://instagram.com/p/g8sbnvl65i/

https://twitter.com/Toolkit04/status/403256765866713088

A look at the CD and artwork by Dika. His artwork is fucking awesome. I told Lorenzo they need to keep him around for future LPU versions too haha

His artwork is great but it feels lazy that the booklet has the same design as the poster.

While I won last months giveaway. I was also 1 of the 1st 13 people to win the signed poster

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu you're acting like a child posting everywwhere that you won. No one gives a shit :)

If it wasn't for the shipping problems few of us would end in the first 13. shit happens.

Edited by michalangelo